Bounceback Information and FAQ Thread - 25-35% off BOUNCEBACKS ARE BACK for 2024!

I just needed some clarification but couldn’t tell from reading through the thread...
If my dates are 2/20 to 2/26, will I be eligible for bounceback? The current offer says 2/17-2/21 and 2/24-2/28. So some of the days I’ll be there falls in the category while others do not...
The bounceback is a room only discount. This means that the specific dates that are discounted will receive the discount and the other dates can be booked, but they will be at rack rate.

are you able to book a room before going to WDW and apply the BB rate after arrival?

are you able to book a room before going to WDW and apply the BB rate after arrival?
Like most special offers, the BB offer is subject to availability of rooms at the special rate. Even if rooms are available at rack rate, it does not mean that rooms are available at the BB rate. All you can do is call, after you check in. Sometimes, only the more expensive room categories are bookable, and other times you can get a rate reduction on what you already booked.

Like most special offers, the BB offer is subject to availability of rooms at the special rate. Even if rooms are available at rack rate, it does not mean that rooms are available at the BB rate. All you can do is call, after you check in. Sometimes, only the more expensive room categories are bookable, and other times you can get a rate reduction on what you already booked.
Just to clarify....by checking in....that means we've seen someone but likely the room isn't ready yet and we store our luggage etc...can I pick up a house phone right then and there and dial 8844? Will the fact that we've seen someone but aren't actually in the room still indicate that we are on site and able to check on BB offers?

Just to clarify....by checking in....that means we've seen someone but likely the room isn't ready yet and we store our luggage etc...can I pick up a house phone right then and there and dial 8844? Will the fact that we've seen someone but aren't actually in the room still indicate that we are on site and able to check on BB offers?
You also should be able to do online check-in, but I would certainly think checking in at the front desk, even if room were not yet available, would qualify. I don't believe the room needs to be phsically occupied. But, I've always called from my room, so I can't say for sure.

You also should be able to do online check-in, but I would certainly think checking in at the front desk, even if room were not yet available, would qualify. I don't believe the room needs to be phsically occupied. But, I've always called from my room, so I can't say for sure.
Yeah, I was thinking about doing online check in before we leave next Wednesday. That's what I was curious about...if the call to 8844 has to actually come from a hotel room. I'll ask the CL Concierge when we try to check in around noon. Thank you!

Yeah, I was thinking about doing online check in before we leave next Wednesday. That's what I was curious about...if the call to 8844 has to actually come from a hotel room. I'll ask the CL Concierge when we try to check in around noon. Thank you!
This is from the DIS BB thread Page 1:

Can I make a throw-away one-night room reservation, do online check-in, but not access the room and book a bounceback?
Maybe
, we have had conflicting reports in this. One person was recently successful, but previous reports reports from those who tried this said it has not worked. Those that were not successful indicated the current reservation needs to be activated by opening the room with your band/phone in order to book the Bounceback. It is a YMMV.

You can try, but be prepared to wait until you have your assigned room activated . I would imagine that calling from WDW may help.

Has anyone booked a Bounceback for AKL - what was the discount? The offer says up to 30%

Well in case anyone was wondering Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk are sold out under the bounceback offer for Dec 6-15, Dec 7-15, and Dec 6-14 next year :sad: Guess I’ll hope and pray for general public or AP discount but not holding my breath

Well in case anyone was wondering Yacht, Beach, and Boardwalk are sold out under the bounceback offer for Dec 6-15, Dec 7-15, and Dec 6-14 next year :sad: Guess I’ll hope and pray for general public or AP discount but not holding my breath
Wow! Seriously? Dang.....We're heading down in 4 days and that call was gonna be the first call I made when we got into the room. I guess others had the same great idea......Thank you for the update. I'll still call when we get down there but at least I'll be prepared to be disappointed:(

Wow! Seriously? Dang.....We're heading down in 4 days and that call was gonna be the first call I made when we got into the room. I guess others had the same great idea......Thank you for the update. I'll still call when we get down there but at least I'll be prepared to be disappointed:(

I was very disappointed as well! I Can’t believe all 3 resorts are already sold out. I booked a stay at rack rate and was planning on just having the bounceback applied to that stay.. at least I have a room at this point. We are here until the 9th so I might try a couple of more times just to make sure. I called this morning at 8:30 am and there was “heavier than normal call volume” so I had to hold for about 20 minutes. Wasn’t expecting them to be so busy at 8:30 am.

I was very disappointed as well! I Can’t believe all 3 resorts are already sold out. I booked a stay at rack rate and was planning on just having the bounceback applied to that stay.. at least I have a room at this point. We are here until the 9th so I might try a couple of more times just to make sure. I called this morning at 8:30 am and there was “heavier than normal call volume” so I had to hold for about 20 minutes. Wasn’t expecting them to be so busy at 8:30 am.
I also have a room booked already for next December, BWI Deluxe Room. I had originally booked it for December 4-11 2019 but then saw the actual BB dates starting December 6. I added two days on the end, until December 13, vs December 11. I was certainly hoping for a BB for December 6-13...was just gonna drop December 4/5. I'll do the same as you, I'll try to call a few times when we're down there in 3 days but I'm not going to focus on it. Appreciate the updates!

I also have a room booked already for next December, BWI Deluxe Room. I had originally booked it for December 4-11 2019 but then saw the actual BB dates starting December 6. I added two days on the end, until December 13, vs December 11. I was certainly hoping for a BB for December 6-13...was just gonna drop December 4/5. I'll do the same as you, I'll try to call a few times when we're down there in 3 days but I'm not going to focus on it. Appreciate the updates!

I think I’m going to try and see if there is anything available as a split stay. I doubt it, but crossing my fingers!

I am not surprised considering SWGE may be opening then and people want to be within walking distance.

I honestly do not think they had a lot of rooms available under the bounceback to begin with... for all 3 resorts to be completely sold out of every room category in just over a month since the bounceback was released. Or maybe they always go that fast? We were able to book mid September at the Beach Club at least.

I honestly do not think they had a lot of rooms available under the bounceback to begin with... for all 3 resorts to be completely sold out of every room category in just over a month since the bounceback was released. Or maybe they always go that fast? We were able to book mid September at the Beach Club at least.
This is correct! Like all Disney special offers, some rooms and resorts may not be included. They will decide to include in the promo, based on their projections of selling the room rack rate. If the rooms for a resort and a period are selling well, they may not have been included at all.

My parents are staying along with my aunt (in one room) in December of this year. The rest of our family (parents included) are traveling to WDW at the end of January 2019. So it appears that my parents could get the bounceback rate (if available) on 3 rooms for the January trip? Is it possible for me to call in while my mom is actually at WDW in December and do all the booking? My mom gets very flustered by calling in and making reservations and I have done all the planning and reservations for my extended family for both the December and January trips, so having me do that would make it simpler for everyone! I could "be" her on the phone if necessary.....just want to see if it's actually possible to call in from outside WDW and get the rate (while my parents are onsite).
I just wanted to come back to give an update! I called to check on the Bounceback offer today for our January trip since my parents are down in Disney right now. We currently have 4 rooms booked at All Star Movies at the AP rate. The CM checked for a Bounceback rate for us but she said All Star Movies is completely sold out even at rack rate right now so there were no Bounceback offers available. She thought the AP rate would be a better deal anyways, however..... just my immediate family is staying for 3 days at POFQ before we meet up with the rest of our extended family at All Star Movies. I asked about applying the Bounceback offer to that stay even though neither my parents or aunt will be staying in that room - and I was honest with the CM - and she said it would be fine and gave me the discounted Bounceback rate for POFQ. We didn't book it (yet) because it required switching room categories and I wanted to discuss with DH first but the rate was $24 cheaper (total for 3 nights) than the AP rate so the discount must be slightly higher with the Bounceback rate. Hope that helps!

I just wanted to come back to give an update! I called to check on the Bounceback offer today for our January trip since my parents are down in Disney right now. We currently have 4 rooms booked at All Star Movies at the AP rate. The CM checked for a Bounceback rate for us but she said All Star Movies is completely sold out even at rack rate right now so there were no Bounceback offers available. She thought the AP rate would be a better deal anyways, however..... just my immediate family is staying for 3 days at POFQ before we meet up with the rest of our extended family at All Star Movies. I asked about applying the Bounceback offer to that stay even though neither my parents or aunt will be staying in that room - and I was honest with the CM - and she said it would be fine and gave me the discounted Bounceback rate for POFQ. We didn't book it (yet) because it required switching room categories and I wanted to discuss with DH first but the rate was $24 cheaper (total for 3 nights) than the AP rate so the discount must be slightly higher with the Bounceback rate. Hope that helps!

I don’t understand. You called from home & the CM offered to give you a bounceback rate on your January reservation even tho you are not a current Disney resort guest? Just because your parents are?

Thanks for the update.

I don’t understand. You called from home & the CM offered to give you a bounceback rate on your January reservation even tho you are not a current Disney resort guest? Just because your parents are?
I remember her earlier post. She did the booking for her parents and had their reservation number and all their info and called on their behalf.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter