Bout time

asifeh125

Earning My Ears
We bought in June of 2009. Used points for one night in 2010 tpv studio in October than used it for a cruise. So this dec 2 thru 9 I get to use my points and visit the parks. I have a two bedroom villia with tpv

Most experienced DVCers think using points for DCL is not a good value. I am not saying it is a bad value, just that is is not a good value as Disney only gives members about $6 or $7pp credit for DCL and the points are clearly worth $10-12pp to renters and Disney actually re-rents them for $15pp

It depends how you define value. The cruise might not be worth as much per point as in a deluxe resort, however, you might not be able to afford/justify the cruise without the points whereas you can tweak your park vacation.

We've done 3 DCL cruises on points. We have older kids and get 2 cabins. The last one was an 8-night which would have cost us about $5500.00 to pay for! In our opinion that is worth giving up the points. If you do $12 per point my 1 week Aulani stay is about even. If I got $13.00, it's just a few hundred more.

It's all personal choice/opinion.

It depends how you define value. The cruise might not be worth as much per point as in a deluxe resort, however, you might not be able to afford/justify the cruise without the points whereas you can tweak your park vacation.

We've done 3 DCL cruises on points. We have older kids and get 2 cabins. The last one was an 8-night which would have cost us about $5500.00 to pay for! In our opinion that is worth giving up the points. If you do $12 per point my 1 week Aulani stay is about even. If I got $13.00, it's just a few hundred more.

It's all personal choice/opinion.

Personally, as long as I get enough value from my points to cover their cost I am happy. Yes, I may be able to get $10-13 per point if I rent them out, but they only cost me $6-7 to purchase and maintain. I am not interested the hassle/uncertainty of renting them out and am fine with a break-even end result.

I agree that renting can be a hassle, but I've rented my points a couple of times for various reasons, and have only had positive results! It may be worth a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter