brand new to pin trading

hello every one

i went to a convention recently. it was super fun, every one cosplaying and lots of fandom merch for sale. i also learned that disney pin trading is apparently HUGE. like there were some booths that only sold disney pins. it made me want to start collecting too.

so i'm like super new into pin collecting. i was hoping i could get a few tips. where are some good places to get pins? yes i know the absolute best places are at the disney parks, but they're so far ahaha. i was thinking more online purchases. is ebay decently safe? i know fakes and scrappers are an issue.

thanks (^^)/

Check out this:
https://www.shopdisney.com/oh-my-disney-pin-set-1461228

That's 4 pins for $6! You could get a few sets to trade and give your collection a boost without the threat of scrappers! You know they are authentic as they come straight from Disney too!

Check out this:
https://www.shopdisney.com/oh-my-disney-pin-set-1461228

That's 4 pins for $6! You could get a few sets to trade and give your collection a boost without the threat of scrappers! You know they are authentic as they come straight from Disney too!

It's a great deal, but you'd have to buy multiples to be worth it. I tried adding one to my cart, and the estimated S+H was $5.95, doubling the price. Wish the site had some other discounted pins or there were an option to lower shipping costs. I love ship-to-store offered by some retailers so I can pick up for free.

It's a great deal, but you'd have to buy multiples to be worth it. I tried adding one to my cart, and the estimated S+H was $5.95, doubling the price. Wish the site had some other discounted pins or there were an option to lower shipping costs. I love ship-to-store offered by some retailers so I can pick up for free.

Agreed it does double, however that is still only $3 per pin vs. what you pay in the Parks (which I believe to be way over-priced...but it's Disney). Not as cheap as Ebay, but no risk of scrappers. I admit to having bought several Ebay lots in the past before I knew what an issue scrappers were.

Just sharing the info in case it was helpful!

Agreed it does double, however that is still only $3 per pin vs. what you pay in the Parks (which I believe to be way over-priced...but it's Disney). Not as cheap as Ebay, but no risk of scrappers. I admit to having bought several Ebay lots in the past before I knew what an issue scrappers were.

Just sharing the info in case it was helpful!

I appreciate it! I ordered a bunch of things from Shop Disney back on Memorial Day when shipping was free. This pin set was there, but had not yet dropped in price to $6. It's more of a psychological barrier for me to pay overpriced shipping, even when it's on a well-price item. Not sure why it would cost $6 to ship such a small, lightweight item.

I appreciate it! I ordered a bunch of things from Shop Disney back on Memorial Day when shipping was free. This pin set was there, but had not yet dropped in price to $6. It's more of a psychological barrier for me to pay overpriced shipping, even when it's on a well-price item. Not sure why it would cost $6 to ship such a small, lightweight item.

Oh I get the psychological barrier issue quite well. I actually a similar issue when it comes to shipping costs.

Also my job is in Accounts Payable. You should see me double questioning my Vendors and Buyers when we get charged $2000 shipping for $1200 worth of materials!

They are ... not efficient with their shipping. They also don't package fragile items well.

They do have 40% off sales pretty frequently. That's when I stock up on pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!