Brazil - the next likely pavilion

Using that logic, Canada and the USA pavilions are offshoots of the United Kingdom and its empire and would, therefore, be very similar.
I mean...I am bored by the US pavilion and skip it. I also have never gone to the Canada pavilion. Love UK though.

I would say though that Canada stylistically is very very different. American you can make that argument for sure but the UK ownership of Canada was too...recent? to really have changed their culture the way it changed America's

I would also say that in the attempt to diversify as much as we can with the few new pavilions we get, doing two from the same dominating empire seems silly. Who knows when we will get another pavilion

Using that logic, Canada and the USA pavilions are offshoots of the United Kingdom and its empire and would, therefore, be very similar.

I completely agree and think that this completely flawed logic PROVES the need for a Brazil pavilion (although, it's not my first choice)! Brazil was a Portuguese colony, NOT a Spanish colony. (Look up the Pope's line of demarcation that gave that corner of South America to the Portuguese). Brazil is a multi-cultural, biodiverse, thriving culture that deserves to be represented.

I don't think they're actually considering any new countries atm, since all the focus is being placed on Future World (which needs it anyway).

I also think they would want a country which would have a marketable Disney film to represent it. I think Disney would rather focus on how to shoehorn properties into the existing country pavilions they have. If this translates into new rides (as if being the case at least with France right now), it's good as long it doesn't become overkill.

I would tend to agree. Just pointing out that they haven't been afraid to add religious structures relevant to a country before.

I'll also be the first to say that although I wouldn't oppose any world showcase country, Brazil only appeals to me because it's in South America which isn't represented at all. Greece or Egypt. Enough said

Agree that Disney has already allowed references to the primary religious faith in some Epcot Pavilions. And realistically, it is impossible to reference the culture of many countries without doing that (try to effectively represent Italy -- particularly regarding it's massive Renaissance art legacy -- without referencing Christianity?)

All I can say to that is

Greece is an interesting choice, albeit give the economic situation there finding any meaningful form of sponsorship would be tough. As for Egypt, I have the sense the theming would too closely overlap Morocco, so doubt that will ever happen.

Brazil is a prime candidate, and not surprisingly many here hope for it featuring another Soarin/FOP type attraction. IMHO that is the beaten path assumption. I would prefer it if Disney used a new pavilion to innovate and break new ground (something other than just yet another motion simulator, boat ride or roller coaster). :scratchin

Last edited:

What is the one place in Disney you never have to wait for food and can always find dinner reservations? World Showcase. What does that tell you? They don't need a new country. People may want one, because we are bored, but Disney makes money off the World Showcase with food and gift shops. If there are no lines, there's no need for more capacity. Once they fix FutureWorld, or whatever they are going to call it, and the number of people going to EPCOT rises, and capacity starts to strain, then you might see a new country. Right now? Why build more restaurants and gift shops when the ones you have aren't full?

What is the one place in Disney you never have to wait for food and can always find dinner reservations? World Showcase. What does that tell you? They don't need a new country. People may want one, because we are bored, but Disney makes money off the World Showcase with food and gift shops. If there are no lines, there's no need for more capacity. Once they fix FutureWorld, or whatever they are going to call it, and the number of people going to EPCOT rises, and capacity starts to strain, then you might see a new country. Right now? Why build more restaurants and gift shops when the ones you have aren't full?

I agree. Quit trying to flock people to WS. Its my Oasis.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!