• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Bread bowls for chili...soups....chowders.....fall foods....yummy

pumba

DIS PUMBARIZER
Restaurant Style Bread Bowls

Ever wonder how they make those bread soup bowls in restaurants? Take a large Vienna or other bulky roll.
Remove interior and top of roll with a pineapple corer. Paint inside with melted butter and bake at 325 F to
crisp. A hefty 3-inch metal cookie cutter should work too. Bread bowls are fun for soup, pate, cream
cheese, ratatouille, chili, or chowder.

Oh Yummmmmm! I think I'll try it with olive oil (using my Misto) instead of butter, though. DH is going to be so surprised. He loves to get soup or chili in those bowls when we're out.

Thanks, Pumba! I love this board - you guys are great!!!
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

I go to a restaurant that serves garlicy onion soup in a bread bowl. It is go good! I think them must rub the bread bowl with garlic - or maybe they use garlic butter on it.

This is something to checked out. At our local food stores you cannot get a round of bread un-sliced unless you ordered it a day or two ahead. So if you are planning on making this I would check with your local food store to be safe.

all the time.......thanks for warning the more southern people.....

I serve spinach dip in it. Did this at my daughter's dance recital party and it was a big hit. The "presentation" was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter