Breakfast options

Chrislovesdisney

DIS Veteran
we will be staying in a standard room in art of animation. It’ll be our first time not in a dvc villa with a kitchenette. Usually we have groceries for breakfast. What are some of our options for a budget breakfast, either in room, at resort, or at each of the parks (MK, Epcot, dhs)?

We've done fruit, bagels and cream cheese,danish for MIL and instant oatmeal for our grandson. So before coffee, hot water for the oatmeal.

We stayed in a suite, I just checked though and you'd have a mini fridge but no coffee maker or microwave.

Truthfully breakfast is one of the cheapest meals you can purchase at Disney. We get the bounty platter (scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, waffle, biscuit, fruit, hashbrowns)
and split it since there is so much food for $12. And for $1.19 you can get another biscuit.

Place an order with garden grocer and do breakfast in your room.

Get OJ, donuts, cereal, fruit, whatever.

I second the grocery delivery-there are so many options now prices should not be higher than you would normally pay elsewhere in Orlando. Sometimes we get a bakery item leaving the park the night before and eat it with some fresh fruit for breakfast the next morning. If we want Mickey Waffles, it's not that expensive. We tend to lean toward eating lunch/dinner in the room instead since those meals are more expensive.

I bring granola bars; I buy the Cashew or Almond knockoff ones from Aldi.

Or I bring Pop-Tarts with me and eat them cold in the room.

I sometimes buy breakfast, but most of the time, I don't. I plan an early lunch, so a granola bar and a pit stop for coffee before rope drop gives me my start for the morning.

I also use snack credits on the chocolate croissant sometimes, and then put it in the fridge for the next morning.

We pack an entire suitcase of snacks, sweets and breakfast foods. We pretty much eat our way through that suitcase and so we have a mostly empty suitcase to take back souvenirs in:)

For breakfast we take, bagels, pop tarts, instant oatmeal, homemade blueberry or banana nut muffins, zucchini or pumpkin bread. I buy some yogurts and cream cheese from the resort store and we are set.

We bring oatmeal and get hot water from the qs for free. Also bring snack bars but last trip no one ate them and ended up bringing them back home. Got almond milk from the resort store and made protein shakes. To save room I measured out the shake powder into snack bags so each bag was a meal.

If you are trying to save money I would buy breakfast and eat sandwiches in the room for lunch/dinner. We have done boma, trattoria, Ohana, garden grill for breakfast and weren’t hungry till 4-5 pm. Kids didn’t ask for anything till 2-3 pm. Well worth our money spent for the table service since it covered us for two meals. Our kids eat 3 good sized meals a day at home and at Disney they eat but not as much at lunch and dinner but breakfast they chow down.

We tried eating breakfast in our room when my son was little and just couldn't deal with having the mess in the room so we found pretty cheap eats in the resort and parks. You can always get yogurt and some sort of danish at the resorts. I usually get the kid's breakfast platter because I'm not a big eater and it's more than enough for me. In the parks, there are always some sort of danish or something that is under $5.

we always have groceries delivered from WeGoShop. We get milk, fruit, yogurt, cereal, granola bars, pop tarts, juice, fruit cups. Usually 2 people are eating while 2 people are getting ready and vice versa. Once we leave the room, we are ready to go until lunch.

We pack a small suit case with breakfast foods and snacks since bags fly free on SW. We pack disposable bowls and portioned out cereal in baggies and we buy milk at the resort. We also things like bagels, sticky buns and pasteries (packed in a dollar store shoe box so they don't squish). I love breakfast but we like to hit the parks around rope drop so our kids eat while we are showering and getting bags packed for the park and it makes it less of a rush in the mornings for them. My kids are still young but has worked out well the last couple of trips. We also bring the bagged cereal in our park bag to eat as a snack if we are in line and become hungry.

I have used Instacart the past two years, previously used Wego shop. Excellent experience with Instacart. I had the same shopper Alonso each time, he was fabulous, contacting me regarding items that had to be substituted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter