Breakfast: Trails End or the Wave?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. The sweet potato pancakes at the Wave are calling me, but I've heard great things about Trails End breakfast buffet too. It will be me and my middle school age sons.
We are spending one night at Pop Century, and then will be checking in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness for the rest of the trip. This ADR would be for the morning we check in to Fort Wilderness--it's a non-park day. We are there for marathon weekend so we will be spending the day going to the expo at Wide World of Sports (opens at noon--so we have all morning.)

Which would you choose? And if you would choose Trails End, what is your favorite dish? Thanks!

I'd choose The Wave, but if you are already at FW I'd do Trails End (haven't eaten there so I can't comment on the food).

I'm having a hard time deciding between the two. The sweet potato pancakes at the Wave are calling me, but I've heard great things about Trails End breakfast buffet too. It will be me and my middle school age sons.
We are spending one night at Pop Century, and then will be checking in the Cabins at Fort Wilderness for the rest of the trip. This ADR would be for the morning we check in to Fort Wilderness--it's a non-park day. We are there for marathon weekend so we will be spending the day going to the expo at Wide World of Sports (opens at noon--so we have all morning.)

Which would you choose? And if you would choose Trails End, what is your favorite dish? Thanks!

Having eaten at both, would be hard to have a favorite! But, will say they are very different!
TE is a very laid back dining experience with all the typical breakfast favorites - can never go wrong.

The Wave Buffet is more classy with some favorites, plus some special additions like sweet potato pancakes, etc. (also can order from menu).

We have ressies for both again in three weeks. We have the brunch this time at TE.
Love everything, but 'really' enjoy TE pecan sticky buns!!

Thanks for the replies so far! I'm leaning towards Trails End--I have a ADR around 9:30, but it appears there is still plenty of availability at the Wave if I want to switch.
I'm thinking we will drop off our luggage at Pop to be transferred to the cabin, and then catch a bus to MK, and take the boat to Fort Wilderness. It's such a beautiful boat ride, I think it will make a great first impression on the kids!

If we choose the wave, I'm thinking we could do the same, except instead of the boat to FW, we could just walk over to the Contemporary.

Thanks for the replies so far! I'm leaning towards Trails End--I have a ADR around 9:30, but it appears there is still plenty of availability at the Wave if I want to switch.
I'm thinking we will drop off our luggage at Pop to be transferred to the cabin, and then catch a bus to MK, and take the boat to Fort Wilderness. It's such a beautiful boat ride, I think it will make a great first impression on the kids!

If we choose the wave, I'm thinking we could do the same, except instead of the boat to FW, we could just walk over to the Contemporary.

Or, if you have the time, you could take the boat to FW, then take a small boat to the Contemporary - it makes for a lovely boat ride that all will enjoy!! Just would have to allow extra time obviously!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter