BREAKING NEWS! Universal Opens City Walk

Sounds very similar to the restricted openings at Disney Springs. It's a small step by both Disney and Universal - but at least it's a step.

CityWalk was perfectly fine. Temp checks were quicker than a standard bag check. Everyone wore masks. Everyone kept distance. Publix is worse.

agree on publix and other similar places being much worse. I do wonder if that will hold true when they start adding more locations and more people show up. I suspect lines and stuff will still be good, but the walking around part will be more difficult and stressful. Last night it was no different from walking around outside my apartment complex during the busy sunset time.

I think as more positive reports come back from City Walk and Disney Springs crowds will increase. I also think that people will abide by rules at first but, eventually it will get old and they will become more lax. Bob Chapek even stated that these steps are to reassure the public.
As far as I am concerned this is done to put Guests minds at ease to come back more than ensuring the spread of the virus. I can totally see people getting fed up in the near future and then it will be harder to enforce guidelines. I think once they open up, the face covering guidelines will be walked back to just indoor venues rather than wearing them all day. We aren't as easy as Asia. Americans are entitled and won't put up with being "inconvenienced."

I think as more positive reports come back from City Walk and Disney Springs crowds will increase. I also think that people will abide by rules at first but, eventually it will get old and they will become more lax. Bob Chapek even stated that these steps are to reassure the public.
As far as I am concerned this is done to put Guests minds at ease to come back more than ensuring the spread of the virus. I can totally see people getting fed up in the near future and then it will be harder to enforce guidelines. I think once they open up, the face covering guidelines will be walked back to just indoor venues rather than wearing them all day. We aren't as easy as Asia. Americans are entitled and won't put up with being "inconvenienced."
I agree with some of your comments. But for everyone who feels it's 'inconvenient' and decides to not wear a mask, there will be another guest reminding them - 'put it back on for my safety'. That dynamic is going to be interesting. The only way they can walk back wearing them outdoors at the parks and hotels, with today's lack of testing/cure/vaccine would be to cut capacity WAY down so social distancing can happen appropriately. That doesn't sound very cost effective for Disney or Universal to bother opening for.

Really glad to see steps, though, with CW opening and DS opening next - baby steps forward, hopefully.

Americans are entitled and won't put up with being "inconvenienced."
Or, Americans saw all the news reports with demonstrations by medical professionals of how cloth masks were completely ineffective in stopping anything but the largest particles (like actual saliva) while the tiny virus-sized ones sailed through unimpeded. Of course, this was when the narrative needed to be “masks aren’t effective so stay home.” Now that we need to reopen, we all need masks. Maybe some of us “entitled” folks are just slaves to the facts we’re presented test her than feel-good narratives. Just a potential alternate explanation.

CityWalk was perfectly fine. Temp checks were quicker than a standard bag check. Everyone wore masks. Everyone kept distance. Publix is worse.

nope not everyone wore masks.Seen a you tube video. He said most people had masks but not everyone Always going to be someone. Only a manager can tell someone to put a mask on or get out a regular employee can’t say anything to them.yea it looked safer than most places.

nope not everyone wore masks.Seen a you tube video. He said most people had masks but not everyone Always going to be someone. Only a manager can tell someone to put a mask on or get out a regular employee can’t say anything to them.yea it looked safer than most places.

Did you actually see anyone in the YouTube video not wearing a mask? I was there for hours and noticed people only took off their masks to eat and, ironically enough, to vlog (irresponsibly)

Did you actually see anyone in the YouTube video not wearing a mask? I was there for hours and noticed people only took off their masks to eat and, ironically enough, to vlog (irresponsibly)
I agree I was also there and everyone was wearing a mask (some not correctly, some just over the mouth) but the ones that didn't have them at all was because were eating or drinking
The vloggers that I saw take off their mask did when there was no one around and only while they were recording their bits

The vloggers that I saw take off their mask did when there was no one around and only while they were recording their bits

That's the slippery slope, right? People policing themselves. It was easy to do so at City Walk in this specific case, but if there is a policy to wear a mask at all times except while eating, there shouldn't be an exception determined by the guest.

If you allow the guest (or general public...or Vice President of the United States) to determine when they think it's safe to wear a mask then you run the risk of it becoming a free for all. Again, it was easy to do so at City Walk in this particular instance, but let's be honest, there isn't a single vlogger important enough to do their bit without a mask on

There isn't a reason to wear a mask if there is no one around you. The only way for that to happen is to find an area where there is no one around you in the park. Good luck.

Reality is this is just a few locals walking around Citywalk that are bored of being in the house. They are desperate enough for something to do to follow these rules.

Very few people are going to spend $10,000 and get on a plane to vacation somewhere to walk around with a mask on.

If there is actually that much danger that people need to wear masks than they shouldn't be open and people should stay home. IMO.

Reality is this is just a few locals walking around Citywalk that are bored of being in the house. They are desperate enough for something to do to follow these rules.

Very few people are going to spend $10,000 and get on a plane to vacation somewhere to walk around with a mask on.

If there is actually that much danger that people need to wear masks than they shouldn't be open and people should stay home. IMO.
I think if this holds true hopefully places like Disney World and Universal will have better incentives to go. Either that or give everyone a come back offer as a thank you for visiting during this time of limited offerings. I mean why charge premium prices if you arent offering the full experience?

There isn't a reason to wear a mask if there is no one around you. The only way for that to happen is to find an area where there is no one around you in the park. Good luck.

I’m guessing you wasn’t there or seen any videos. The videos I seen there was plenty of spots where you could be by yourself.

Did they have eating and drink zones Where you can eat and be six feet away from everybody else ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter