bridge GF to MK

I wonder if a portion of it will float to take some stress off of counterbalancing it?

I wonder if a portion of it will float to take some stress off of counterbalancing it?
That's something I've been thinking about also. The structure of the bridge and the pivot point don't look strong enough to support the bridge hanging off that small pivot.

I'm so curious about the possible timing of when this path could open. This is something that adds such a nice perk to the Grand Floridian and even the Polynesian but we haven't heard anything about this directly from Disney have we? It seems like this would be something they'd want to talk about/advertise for the future. Obviously all construction takes time but it seems like this project is making good progress on pretty much the most important part of this whole thing. Once the bridge is done the rest seems pretty straight forward. Is it normal to not hear anything at all from Disney with something like this?

Very, very normal.

Ha okedoke! I guess I'm just used to the larger projects being announced so far in advance that it seems weird that there has been no word on this. Maybe I'm making it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is? I just personally see the perk of being able to walk to a park as such a huge deal of where I stay on property.

Ha okedoke! I guess I'm just used to the larger projects being announced so far in advance that it seems weird that there has been no word on this. Maybe I'm making it out to be a bigger deal than it actually is? I just personally see the perk of being able to walk to a park as such a huge deal of where I stay on property.
It's part of the MK entry way project. They still need to build another bridge to the grand floridian. I suspect there is zero promotion as it's a project of opportunity so the completion time is a bit more variable than others.

It's part of the MK entry way project. They still need to build another bridge to the grand floridian. I suspect there is zero promotion as it's a project of opportunity so the completion time is a bit more variable than others.

I don't know much about the MK entry project, do we have a thread going with updates about that? Is the MK entry way project something that we can expect to take a very long time to finish? I know it's hard to define "very long time" but I'm unsure of the scale of what they are doing to the entry.

I don't recall ever seeing Disney mentioning about the ability to walk from the Contemporary except maybe for some signage once you get on site. I don't think it would be something that would cause a person to come to WDW, like a new attraction or hotel.

Since this is a Disney project, I'm wondering if there will be toll booths on both ends or just one set in the middle?

Since this is a Disney project, I'm wondering if there will be toll booths on both ends or just one set in the middle?

You have to say "Which end will they have the dessert party at?"

This is quite cool for real though. Adding more ability to walk anywhere on property is a plus in my book.

Possible, but not necessary. Swing bridges (unusual, but not unique like I read elsewhere) are typically built well enough not to need counterbalancing.

This is quite cool for real though. Adding more ability to walk anywhere on property is a plus in my book.
I know a few years back, when taking a boat from MK to GF, we could see what we thought were the Electric Water Pageant floats tucked away in some water way away from the main lagoon. Is this bridge going over that little water way, and do they still park the EWP floats over there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!