Bringing Food

debbiepump

DIS Veteran
Ok, getting packed and ready to go...........I'm feeling sort of stupid packing the food I am.....oatmeal, tiny sample sized jar of jelly, laundry soap, in a small lunch sized container some cheese , etc., peanut butter in a tiny container...............husband is having an issue just because he found a box of truscuits in his underwear pile. I just have such an issue buying full sized containers or even small sized containers and throwing them out when we leave.....call me cheap, but geez. I do use this compact zip up duffle bag I've found at WallyWorld (WalMart) that when not in use, can zip up completely flat, then we just throw it in our suitcase to bring home. Does anyone else do this or am I being a wierdo? It's only my husband and I, so the regular sized items are a waste for 8 days for us.

Keep packing! I do that too. My hubby has come to understand, although he complained too!

OK, I have to ask: why are the Triscuits in the underwear pile?? The thought of it makes me alternate between laughing, and kinda grossed out.

Otherwise, I agree with you--I am much too cheap to buy large boxes that will be thrown out.

We here don't think its silly at all. We are getting excited as 10 of us are heading down in 30 days! We are already setting aside food items to go in the...food suitcase. Yes, not just a couple items here and there in hubby's underware -- a dedicated to food suitcase.
Items and brands that aren't easily picked up everywhere, things that we buy in large quantities and then repack smaller, as you are doing, for trips like this. Not a huge amount of things and of course not doing any perishables (will still probably do a wegoshop order for those things).
We figure this will save time and money over trying to get it in the brands, quantities etc. that we want and can use up.
So pack away and enjoy your trip!

We take EVERYTHING!

Seriously, we take all the food stuffs, starbucks coffee, water, juice, milk, drinks, detergent, "Vino" :rolleyes: that we can.

Go for it! :banana:

We do the same thing. Yes the men complain but we have it when they ask for it don't we!!! I call it the food suitcase but it turns into the souvenir suitcase when we come home!

WOW!!....what a wierdo!!!!! ;););)

Seriously...you're doing just fine -- I'm "the man" and I pack the same sort of things! :)

I just tried Dinners Ready (like Dream Dinners) and when we go down is March to Hilton Head I am thinking about packing these items in our frozen fish box that DH used when he came home from Alaska. Just think all dinners already prepared during vacation. Just heat and serve! :cool1:

Funny! DH and I were just discussing taking some homemade spaghetti sauce down next week! We're flying down and not sure of how the frozen food would make it.....anyone have any ideas??? I told him I'll make it when we get there...but then...have to buy olive oil, canned tomatoes, basil, onions....not to mention having a good blender when we get there....and does anyone know if we can buy Pecorino Romano cheese at the stores or Locatelli? Can't even think of having pasta without one of them.

We drive down all the time and my wife takes enough bottled water to survive being stranded on a desert Island and I swear we carry the same box of can goods the last three trips.Being that we drive i have the luxury of heading to publix and buying what we need for the week,I would have to buy this food if I was home anyway and generally we finish everything up before we go except the condiments which always travel home with us.( still working on our august ketchup)So all in all it sounds perfectly normal to me..

NCRedding said:
OK, I have to ask: why are the Triscuits in the underwear pile?? The thought of it makes me alternate between laughing, and kinda grossed out.

The Triscuits in the underwear is simply because I've got too much stuff in my suitcase and that's a soft place to pack them so they don't get squished!

Funny! DH and I were just discussing taking some homemade spaghetti sauce down next week! We're flying down and not sure of how the frozen food would make it.....anyone have any ideas??? I told him I'll make it when we get there...but then...have to buy olive oil, canned tomatoes, basil, onions....not to mention having a good blender when we get there....and does anyone know if we can buy Pecorino Romano cheese at the stores or Locatelli? Can't even think of having pasta without one of them

I used to take frozen stuff when we went to Maui and took the kids-I'd put in freezer bags and double bag. Worked out great, now I just take the noodles along. I have a smallish softsided cooler I use and put the frozen stuff in, never an issue of thawing out. I did see (or say smell) a suitcase that had some fish in it and the flight was delayed and luggage sat on the tarmack, pretty much everyone noticed that one!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter