Bringining lunch INTO the parks. Is this allowed?

E

eeyoresmom

I was planning on packing lunch and heading back to the van at lunch time. Someone suggested bringing in a softsided cooler. I know snacks are allowed in, but sandwiches? Has anyone done this? I don't want to embarass my teenagers!

Since bags are searched, I don't think you can get a sandwich into the park. Officially, outside foods are not allowed in the parks. You might just want to leave it in the van.

I don't know about US, but we have brought sandwiches into Disney many times, even since they started searching bags. They see the sandwiches and don't say a thing.

We have brought granola bars, cookies, fruit, and bottled water into the park, but haven't tried sandwiches. The water was in plastic bottles - don't try & bring in anything in glass bottles: It will end up in the trash can @ the bags check.

I don't think you can get a sandwich into the park.
This from the man who carries cans of pork brains into the parks with him!!! Heck, that's more than a sandwich, it's a hot meal!!! :rolleyes: ;) :D

If they don't mind if you bring in snacks and water (as in they don't confiscate them or send you back to your vehicle)...then they aren't going to take a sandwich away from you either...if they were enforcing the "no outside food" policy, then all snacks would be banned. I don't think a sandwich crosses the line any more than a bag of doritos...:rolleyes:

Karen

Trust me as one who searches the bags i've never stopped anyone bringing in lunch and no one else has either...

Originally posted by Judge Doom
Trust me as one who searches the bags i've never stopped anyone bringing in lunch and no one else has either...

Hmmm....I'm thinking next time I visit (tomorrow) I just might smuggle in some...

DIIIIIIIIIIIP!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :smooth: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Karen :)

You should've NEVER let this cheapie know this, Judge Doom.... here comes Robin with the cooler! :D

like Judge Doom said if you bring a small soft sided cooler your fine, I've done this in US/IOS and wdw (but not after the attacks but I don't think to bring in a sandwich it will change) :D

We were just at Universal Studios on Thursday and I brought in a soft sided cooler with sandwiches, drinks, fruit and water. They checked the cooler but they didn't care what was in there so long as it wasn't a weapon. They had a stick to pick thru it with! I actually had to lift up the sub sandwiches so she could see what was underneath. All in all taking lunch with you not only saves money but best of all saves time. I would rather stand in line for a ride than stand in line for a drink or food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter