• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Brita Water Bottles

sandyrob

Earning My Ears
Where can I buy these? Several people have said it's a must for the parks, but I search the internet (GOOGLE) and although I've found mention of them, they didn't pop up on any store sites.

I hope this helps. I got mine at my local supermarket in the water section. The supermarkets down here are Publix and Winn Dixie, both of which had them. Good luck! :D

Thanks! I guess I'm still a bit confused. Is it a disposable bottle? I mean, is it full of water when you buy it? Or is it a reusable, plastic bottle with a sippy-type lid.....like a sports bottle?

It's re-usable --like a sport bottle. There if a filter you fit into the bottle. The filter comes with the bottle and you can also buy replacement filters for it.
I got mine at K-Mart.

Target has them also. Sometimes Sam's Clubs has twin packs of them. I have used britta bottles for the past 3 WDW trips and they have saved me so much $$ over bottle water. Also the water bottle straps that they sell in the parks work great with these bottles.

Again, thanks.

One last questions: Will I need to take extra filters? How long between replacments?

You won't need a replacement filter for your trip. They last a long time.

Before you spend $6 on one...

I was looking for the Brita bottle, but NOBODY carried them. In my search, I happened on a filter that fits onto any water bottle that has a standard sports bottle top. It was like $1 or $2. I tried it out, and it works great.

Last night though, I finally found those blasted bottles at Bed, Bath, and Beyond! :)

I found it at Wal-Mart. In the hardware dept.

Thanks to all! I went to Walmark yesterday and found them.

How much are the straps they sell at the parks? I found Rubbermaid blue ice sports bottles (a basic bottle that has a strip of blue ice that fits inside the bottle's strapped holder) for $4. The Brita bottle fits in the holder perfectly.

They didn't have filters at Walmart :( The bottle's package said that one filter handles 50 gallons of water.

Again, thanks for your help!!

When we bought our straps at AK they were $3.00 each. Walmart usually carries the filters in a twin pack next to the regular britta filters. You can also remove the filter and just use the bottle without it if you just want a sports bottle for a drink other than water.

sandyrob,
I also used the Rubbermaid blue ice bottle holder for my Britta bottle. It helps avoid the bottle "sweating", and provides some iinsulation to keep the water cool.

gschmerl: This will be the first time using our blue ice bottle holder. Did the holder keep the water pretty cold? How long did the blue ice stay frozen?

Thanks!

sandyrob,
I didn't even use the blue ice packet. I figured there would be no place to freeze it in the hotel. I just filled the bottle with mostly ice and some water and put it in the bottle holder. It stayed cool until I finished it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter