Brits Guide Alamo discount.

acepepper

DIS Veteran
Has anyone else tried to use the Alamo discount in the 2002 Brits Guide? When I saw the deal being offered, I thought it was too good to be true. Unfortunately it turned out that it was. Their quote was ludicrously high and I've been able to get far better deals from a number of other operators. Although I would have bought the Guide anyway, I feel that other people may be buying it on the strength of this deal.

Andy.

Andy, can you tell me what you were quoted for and I'll look into it. We never say you'll get the cheapest deal going, but you should certainly get a decent rate, and the Partnership deal we have with Alamo should also ensure first-class service at the Orlando end, too.

As I put in another thread recently, my friend did a huge search around for car hire deals and found the deal in the Brits Guide book to be the second cheapest by quite a margin!

Astrid

I got a a better deal than Simon's 'Brits Guide Alamo' deal (can't remember who with now), by using the price from Alamo to get it cheaper!!

Brits guide was second.

Theresa

Simon,
The price I was given was £550 for a 7 seater, for two weeks. I got better rates from Dollar, Hertz and a local Orlando operator. What I can't understand is how you came to the figures quoted in the Brits Guide. It says that the discount offered is 15%. Then it says that on a mid range family car this can save £283 PER WEEK! What base figure do you start from to get that sort of reduction? Perhaps I'm reading this wrong, but this seems extremely misleading.
Don't get me wrong here, I think the Guide is the most important piece of kit you need when going to WDW and I'd recommend it to anyone, but I think people will be put off buying it if they feel they are being mislead.

Andy.

One last question, Andy. When was the quote for (i.e. when are you going) ?

Thanks again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter