Bronx man sues NBC Universal over ‘unlimited’ soda refills at theme park

Do they advertise as unlimited? If you have to wait 2 minutes, it still isn't unlimited. I think the argument is all in the semantics.

The only information I can find about the mugs on Disney's official website is on the dining plan page and it says "Each Guest ages 3 and over will receive a refillable drink mug, which is eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel. Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from a children’s menu, where available." You can purchase the mugs at resort gift stores outside of the plan.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/quick-service-dining-plan/

It still doesn't even approach being a real "problem" and should certainly not be a lawsuit. This whole thing is ridiculous beyond belief.

It's something I do all the time when I know I won't have an opportunity to get a drink again for awhile after walking around in the hot Florida weather for awhile. It's certainly not a policy I would sue over, though.

OMG, so much stupid in one person. Sigh! This is why Americans get such a bad reputation for lawsuits. Suing over such frivilous stuff.

And, the 10 minute limit is likely to discourage sharing (which is prohibited). So you can't just pour it into another container and refill for your friend right away or something.

Given the size of these things, who would really need to refill so frequently with this unhealthy slop? Would he rather have just paid for each drink separately? Hmm, I doubt it.

To reiterate my opinion: what a goof.

Sorry I have a feeling in other countries Universal would be getting hit with fines by the government for false advertising and incorrect terms+conditions. There was not limitations noted on the drink only option if I remember correctly.

I am American and I have zero idea how this makes me look bad. If anything this next statement by someone else says it all.

It's certainly not a policy I would sue over, though.

They are 100% counting on this attitude and why I applaude this individual.

Isn't it New Zealand or Australia where Samsung is getting hit with a lawsuit over rejection of warranty for water issues with their phones when they had advertising with people swimming with their phones? This is in that same realm of false and grand advertising that is not true simply to sell some extra widgets.

I find it oddly humorous that Universal's terms for the "unlimited" refills actually use the words "limited" to 6 pours/hour.

Regardless of how frivolous the case might be, it's hard to argue that Universal may lose because their "unlimited" offer is, in fact, limited.

As a PP mentioned, the plaintiff works for a legal firm. It seems apparent to me that the point of this class action suit is for millions of people to be awarded a $1 drink voucher while the legal firm walks away with $1M in cash for their trouble.

Seems this has had an affect as we just came from UO and it now states "Drink all Day" instead of the unlimited refills.

Let me explain how I handled this...

I thought I'd try a grape sprite. It tasted like dimetapp. I poured it out because I had unlimited. I did not read the terms and conditions....not sure if people read their soda refill contracts often but I don't think that's expected.

I didn't get a drink at the machine. I didnt need to wait because I went to a vendor and asked for some lemonade. No problem.

I like the non sugar usually so the machine is great for flavors without sugar.

My wife said "it's unlimited though ".

I said "yeah but people will cheat and share over and over. It's Bull doodies but I get it"

Aaaaaaand end of conversation. Haven't thought about it since then and gladly buy reactivation every time since.
So it is misleading. He has a point.
But he turned a puddle in to a tsunami.

And that's my middle of the road opinion.

Any limitations on these unlimited drinks deals is ridiculous considering the profit margins involved. The price of all fountain beverages sold is mostly pure profit. I am sure that if Universal removed all restrictions against sharing/time, etc. they would still make a ton of money from selling unlimited refills.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts