• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

bryce canyon

mvlimmex

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I was looking for some info on Bryce canyon park. Approximately how far is it from DL and how will the crowds/weather be in mid June. We will be driving out there in summer 2009 and hope to stop there on our way back from DL in our RV. Do you know how far in advance we need to make reservations for the campground at Bryce. Would my 4 kids ages 11, 6, 5 and almost 2 enjoy it? Thanks in advance for any info.

Vicki

Bryce Canyon is in SW Utah, therefore NE of Las Vegas.

It's QUITE a drive from DL.

I was only there in September one year, so I can't help you with the crowds in June.

It probably won't hurt to start looking at reservations ASAP, since there's only one lodge in the park. I don't know about the campgrounds.

I'm sure you will enjoy Bryce Canyon, but remember, it's over 8,000 ft above sea level. Unless you're used to the thinner air, you have to move more slowly!

In a car, it's about a 4 hour drive from DL to Vegas, and another 4 1/2 hours from Vegas to Bryce. Not sure how that driving time translates when drving an RV full of kids. Also note that the DL to Vegas drive assumes no traffic. You will almost always hit traffic somewhere in LA. And if you are going on, say, a Friday, you'll have traffic all the way to Vegas.

We were there in July of last year. We stayed in a cabin, and had to book a year in advance. we loved it so much, we're stopping off there on our way to DL this year.

Our kids, last year, were 10, 8, 5, and we all walked to the bottom of the canyon, which was a wonderful, unforgettable experience.

The crowds were not too bad, and by the time we made it to the bottom, they were non-existent.

It is such a quiet, beautiful park, we just love it. :cloud9:

We were there last April and kids were 9 & 11 and we LOVED it. We went horseback riding on the ridge..it was magnificent. It is VERY high up and it was CHILLY when we went..and when we left and got to Vegas it was in the high 80s so quite a difference. Crowds were NONE when we were there..but it was off season.

Hi,

I was looking for some info on Bryce canyon park. Approximately how far is it from DL and how will the crowds/weather be in mid June. We will be driving out there in summer 2009 and hope to stop there on our way back from DL in our RV. Do you know how far in advance we need to make reservations for the campground at Bryce. Would my 4 kids ages 11, 6, 5 and almost 2 enjoy it? Thanks in advance for any info.

Vicki

We went mid June of last year. My kids were 4 and 7. They loved it. We were told it snowed a few days before we arrived, but the weather was beautiful and cool when we were there. There weren't crowds as I had imagined there would be. We stayed at the Ruby Inn (Best Western). It was really nice. They have an RV park as well.
Zion National Park is on the way to Bryce Canyon. My familiy actually enjoyed it more. It was warmer there and we were able to walk in the river.
I'd book as early as you possibly can.
Have fun.

If you go in June be prepared for all types of weather. We have a couple of sayings in Utah, Stick around for 5 minutes and the weather will change, and Utah one of the only places you can have all four seasons in one day!

It has snowed in late June, early July in Bryce and Zion's, and then warmed up to the 80's. We are a temperate desert, so the nights can be cold and the days warm to hot, but we have very little humidity, unless it is precipitating!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter