Budget Car Rental in MCO

disneyquilter

It's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow...
What has been everyone's experience at the MCO Budget Car Rental? We got a decent rate for our January trip, but we have never used Budget before. Thanks in advance!

I use budget alot. It has always been fine for us at MCO. I'm a loyalty member (fast pass) and that allows you to go straight to the outside kiosk and skip the counter. If you are not paying for gas search for places to stop on the way back to the airport (not as easy as you'd think) and bring coins to pay the tolls, Budget's (and everyone else's) policy on Sun Passes is a daily charge whether you use it or not as long as you use it just once on your trip.

Came here to post a bit of negative feedback on MCO Budget, this seemed like an appropriate place...

Came back from my last trip a week or two ago. Was a short weekend trip to do the final night of Halloween Horror Nights, as well as a final farewell to Food & Wine Festival. Did a 2 day rental w/ Budget for the weekend. Their rates are usually on the low end, and like the poster above, I’m a fastbreak member, which allows me to skip the counter.

Yesterday I got a bill in the mail for ±$50, the long and short of which amounted to the fact they were charging me an additional $50 (roughly) over my original rental agreement for “refueling fees” …

My problem with this being: I did refuel it. I filled the tank up at the last 7-11 I passed just outside the airport. The same 7-11 I’ve typically filled up at on past Florida trips, without issue. Have been told when picking car’s up at MCO Budget in the past they needed to be refueled within 5 miles of the airport. According to google maps said 7-11 is 3.7 miles from the airport terminal. I literally topped the tank off with about $10 worth of gas, replacing the little I’d used over the whole weekend, then drove 5 more minutes into the airport and dropped the car off.

The car was checked upon dropoff (as is standard), a gas receipt was not requested. Furthermore when dropping cars off at this SAME Budget in the past, I’ve tried to offer them a gas receipt, and was told it wasn’t necessary as long as the tank read full (which is why I thought nothing of the fact they didn’t ask. It’s never been an issue before). Finally, (and this is the real kicker)… I received a dropoff receipt. I still have said dropoff receipt. Said dropoff receipt reads plain as day, “Fuel Reading: Full” “Your total due: $0.00”

So… all that said, called to complain today. They adjusted the bill, but required I send them documentation to review the case. I no longer have a receipt from the 7-11, as I don’t often keep gas receipts, but I did send them a credit card statement showing I’d filled up at said 7-11 that day, and I did send them a copy of THEIR return receipt, which again, clearly states the Fuel Reading was full at dropoff.

No idea if I’ll encounter further problems as yet, but this all struck me as very irksome and shady, and came off as though they were trying to cheat me out of money after the fact. If you fill up the tank 5 minutes before you drop the car off, just outside the airport, and they furthermore hand you a receipt when you drop the car off that says “Tank full. Amount due $0.” You shouldn’t get a bill two weeks later that says, “Btw you owe us $50 because the tank wasn’t full.”

I’ll use them again, because as stated… low rates. Convenience. And for now this just seems like a single isolated incident. But I’ll be making absolutely certain from here on out that my refueling is well documented, and I’ll be keeping a copy of the receipt for weeks thereafter.

...Budget's (and everyone else's) policy on Sun Passes is a daily charge whether you use it or not as long as you use it just once on your trip.

Unless it has changed recently, Alamo charges $3.95 for each day you use the SunPass, not each day of your rental.

I have used pretty much all companies at MCO. I would rank them all about the same. Never had any real issues. Use whatever is cheapest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter