Budget tip for the night before...

RSGroup

Mouseketeer
Here's the situation: We live an hour and a half outside of Raleigh, NC. We are flying to Orlando on a Monday morning (10:10am), which means if we were driving into Raleigh that morning we'd be arriving just in time for rush hour traffic. So, I went on Priceline and bid for a two-star hotel room in the Raleigh Airport zone for the night before, and got the La Quinta Inn for $37 (taxes included). We have stayed at the La Quinta before and know that they provide shuttle service to the airport, and you can leave your car parked at the hotel while you are out of town. Long-term parking at the Raleigh airport is $5/day. Since we will be gone for 7 days, that would be $35. By parking at the hotel instead of the airport, we save the $35, so our real cost for the hotel room is $37 - $35 = $2. AND, we don't have to get up at 5:00am, AND the hotel has a free breakfast. :D

I'm not sure if this type of setup is available in other areas or not, but it might not hurt to ask if you need a room for the night before you fly out.

Aren't you worried they will tow your car once you check out? Or do you inform the hotel you are leaving your car parked in their lot for a week? Sounds risky to me, don't think I would try this.

RobinLyn

another idea
Are you paying to park at the airport? I'm flying out of Philly in June...flight leaves at 5:45 am...staying at Sheraton Suites the night before...there are five of us...costs $199 but...room for five people, shuttle runs 24 hours to airport, and it includes free parking for up to ten days. Call and ask about their park and stay policy if you are interested. Plus if you are staying at Dolphin and have the Starwood card, you get Starwood points for what you pay for parking...just a thought!

Robin,

Yes, you do inform the hotel that you want to leave the car, and the give you a permit or something. To me, it's no more risky than airport parking. But I guess different things work for different people.

What a great idea! I live about an hour away from RDU. It turns into 1.5 hours at rush hour. I've been afraid I'd get stuck with an early flight and need to be there 2 hours early. I'll have to check out biddingfortravel.com to see what has been coming up around the area.

My luck, I'll get a hotel that doesn't allow parking but what the heck. It will still keep me from having to leave home at 3am if I get an early flight.

Thanks again for the great idea.

Carolyn

Lot's of hotels near airports have park and ride deals. Some even regularly advertise it.

I didn't know about some hotels having free parking. I ned to check into that. Thanks for the tip!

Hi Jen,

I noticed you were booked at the sheraton suites at the Philadelphia airport.
I believe that is the old Double Tree hotel, that is next to the sharaton Jetport that used to be the old Days Inn. I used to work at Liberty Travel, and I know that we used to have special rates called Park & Fly packages. $199 seems a little high, but I know that they have been raising the prices steadily over the past few years. Its worth a check though. Check with a local Liberty Travel, or if you can't find one or they say you must buy a whole package first, let me know. I can get you a rate from the manager I worked with, and I know we would sell the rate even if someone did not purchase a package or a flight through us.

You can e-mail me directly at connfamily@prodigy.net if you have problems.

Melanie

Hi Jen,

I noticed you were booked at the sheraton suites at the Philadelphia airport.
I believe that is the old Double Tree hotel, that is next to the sharaton Jetport that used to be the old Days Inn. I used to work at Liberty Travel, and I know that we used to have special rates called Park & Fly packages. $199 seems a little high, but I know that they have been raising the prices steadily over the past few years. Its worth a check though. Check with a local Liberty Travel, or if you can't find one or they say you must buy a whole package first, let me know. I can get you a rate from the manager I worked with, and I know we would sell the rate even if someone did not purchase a package or a flight through us.

You can e-mail me directly at connfamily@prodigy.net if you have problems.

Melanie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter