Buffalo Park n fly hotels

Disneylover99

DIS Veteran
So I haven’t flown out of Buffalo in nearly 3 years. I can’t believe it’s been so long!

Anyways.....the Days Buffalo hotel across from the airport has always been our go to hotel, but we didn’t have a great experience last time we were there and I was thinking it was looking a little run down.

I was wondering about any other Buffalo airport hotels that people might recommend. Thanks!

I was also looking into Aloft? If you’ve stayed there, please chime in! Thanks again!

We both used their shuttle and left our car in the lot - it wasn't any better or worse than anywhere else IIRC. Last time we stayed there was 2 years ago I think - hotel was basically brand new inside.

We stayed on points at a newer Hampton Inn across the street from the airport. FYi, if you stay on points at any of these hotels, just ask and they can usually add the parking part of your reservation for $50. The Hampton has free breakfast — Aloft does not. Aloft has more of a millennial feel — lots of fun to stay on a shopping trip with my teens, but as we had an early flight, we needed the breakfast.

As for the shuttle ... we had no problem going to the airport. Coming back... they give you a phone number to call. It is not accessible on the free phones at the airport. I had to line up for the airport desk to call for me. The hotel told me where to walk for pick-up and told me it wouldn’t be their shuttle -but aloft shuttle. After quite a wait -and there were 2 families for the same hotel - a galleria Hampton shuttle came by & did us a favour and dropped us off. That took a LONG time to get back to our car. Next time, I think I will just park at the airport.

We have used the Days multiple times. Last summer we ended up booking the Sleep Inn in a reverse of our usual park and fly routine (parked, flew out, stayed a night after arriving at midnight coming back from Seattle). Days wasn't available which was a first for us. Booked a suite which gave each of the kids a bed (okay one bed, one sofa bed), which after a long day of travel was nice to have. Ended up walking over to Denny's which is 5 min away for breakfast so didn't try out the free included breakfast. Parking lot was a 5 min drive from the hotel in a secured lot. Frankly was pleasantly surprised and I think it will be our go to in the future.

We have stayed at the Aloft many times. I always book on points so to add parking it's $5/day. The hotel is spotlessly clean, it's quiet and the staff is outstanding. They have extremely comfortable beds and pillows. So nice that I jokingly told the manager that I was going to steal the pillows. She later emailed me with a phone number to order some. Generally, we park then fly out and stay at the hotel when we return. Once I go inside and get my parking tag the shuttle driver will have me follow him out to park then he takes my bags and off we go to the airport. Last year I returned a few hours after a HUGE snow storm had come through. The snow was half way up the back of my car and the shuttle driver dug it out for me. If you need breakfast they do have a counter in the lobby but I find it just as easy to walk next door to McD's.

A little note on the Days Inn. It is very much a party hotel that the locals use because it's so cheap. We stayed once and will NEVER stay there again...not even if it were free. It's run down, dirty and there is no way that I will leave my car keys.

We were recommended the Days hot non our first trip but I waited too long to book so had to use Aloft instead. It was fantastic, however much more expensive than Days. The following year I booked a days and it was a huge mistake! Filthy dirty and housekeeping was knocking on our door at 8am when we didn’t even get to the hotel until 1am. Never again. We always use Aloft and always get great service. Our shuttle driver this time was definitely not up to their usual standards, but still not bad enough to make me look elsewhere.

I have used the Sleep in right next to the airport.. I can’t remember the exact price but very reasonable and close to everything.. room was fine for the few hours we slept and getting to airport was not a problem

For those who have used a Buffalo hotel to park, have any been allowed/done where you book a night for the day you get back, but been allowed to park there for the week leading up to it?

I'm considering some flights where they leave late afternoon, so I wouldn't need a hotel for the night before leaving, but they come back later (a bit after midnight) and I'd prefer getting a hotel to sleep before driving back home the next day.

For those of you who booked at Aloft, did you book directly with the hotel or did you book through Park n Fly?

Thanks!

For those who have used a Buffalo hotel to park, have any been allowed/done where you book a night for the day you get back, but been allowed to park there for the week leading up to it?

I'm considering some flights where they leave late afternoon, so I wouldn't need a hotel for the night before leaving, but they come back later (a bit after midnight) and I'd prefer getting a hotel to sleep before driving back home the next day.
They all do that. You just have to call ahead and notify them as they all have limited parking and will need to book a spot for you.

For those of you who booked at Aloft, did you book directly with the hotel or did you book through Park n Fly?

Thanks!
I use points so I book that online but if I were paying OOP I would book direct with the hotel either on the phone or online. It's always best to control your own reservations.

How did you end up booking? When I called the hotel, they said they didn't have park and fly packages in their system and that the package from Park, Sleep, Fly must only be available from that site.

Yes, that’s exactly what they told me as well. I was kind of suprised by that. They told me to book through Park, Sleep and Fly, so that’s what I did.

If there’s a Hilton Home2 in Buffalo they were great. Just used them in Bellingham, WA. Reasonable park & fly rates. Left car, used their shuttle.

How did you end up booking? When I called the hotel, they said they didn't have park and fly packages in their system and that the package from Park, Sleep, Fly must only be available from that site.
Yes, that’s exactly what they told me as well. I was kind of suprised by that. They told me to book through Park, Sleep and Fly, so that’s what I did.
They most certainly do have park/fly packages. Perhaps not if you phone but they do online. Never call any hotel to book, you will always get rack rate and pay more than if you book online.

Let’s just say for the sake of argument that they don’t offer a park/fly package. Book a room and then call and tell them you need a spot, it’s only $5 a night minus the night you actually sleep in the hotel. Call or email Kelly she’s great.

They most certainly do have park/fly packages. Perhaps not if you phone but they do online. Never call any hotel to book, you will always get rack rate and pay more than if you book online.

Let’s just say for the sake of argument that they don’t offer a park/fly package. Book a room and then call and tell them you need a spot, it’s only $5 a night minus the night you actually sleep in the hotel. Call or email Kelly she’s great.

I can't find any info. or prices online. Plus I need 15 days of parking over Christmas. I called Aloft a few times to see if they could direct me as to where to find the parknfly info. online, but they couldn't find it. Lol. So they ended up giving me a quote of over $250. I said forget it and I called back to speak with someone else. I was then told everyone books parknfly packages through Park/Sleep/Fly. I called back a few days later to clarify a few questions I had, and again was told by someone else to book it through Park/Sleep/Fly.

So online through Aloft, my room would cost me $121 plus tax. Through park/sleep/fly it's $179 plus tax (that includes the parking). I'm really not sure if that's a good deal or not.

When I called, I also asked if I could book a room only and then add parking - the answer was 'no.' To book through Park Sleep Fly is $139 for my dates so I'll just do that

I have used Sleep Inn a few times, they were recommended by some friends of ours. First time was a great experience, second time, just a couple months ago they were not. Beds were really uncomfortable and barely slept. Breakfast was good, front counter staff was good as was the shuttle and driver and secured parking. One thing we noticed was the park and fly specials were not advertised well and couldn't find it on the website but was there on the counter at check in. I googled Buffalo airport park and fly and even if we had a good rate the stay didn't qualify for the royalty points card because it was booked third party. I inquired when booking and was assured it would qualify. We had asked for a suite and Sleep Inn are the only ones that offer this room. We checked in and were given a standard room with 2 double beds. The hotel does not have a pool and besides having a good breakfast, the suite is the only reason we booked with them a second time. Most hotels offer a park and fly option and we have heard good reviews for Aloft and we will try them next trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter