Buffets after reopening?

According to the CDC that advice about surface spread has not changed. Contaminated surfaces may not be the primary way the virus spreads but they also tempered that with the idea that surfaces still need to be disinfected and they are still trying to figure this virus out. I'm not a big fan of buffets for sanitary reasons in the first place but I'm okay with waiting this out. The only buffet I'm interested in is BOMA anyway.

Hoping disinfecting was always protocol regardless of COVID. I hate to think otherwise😬.

I was talking with some Disney friends over the weekend, and we are hoping for the small plates scenario. The reason buffets work for us is the group (like many others) is made up of vegetarians, picky eaters, tiny eaters and big eaters. Buffets have the variety to satisfy all, unlike a family platter.

I have an ADR for Biergarten in late July. I’m still keeping it until Disney releases more information. I have always wanted to try it and the menu looks delicious. I think it’s safe to assume that it will not be the same dining experience I’ve been looking forward to. If I had to guess, I would say they will make it all you care to enjoy brought to your table like Garden Grill and Ohana. I just hope that most of the current menu items can be requested and brought to your table as well. That’s the only buffet I kept. I did have an ADR for Tusker House but I changed it due to the fear of the rumored no character dining/buffets. I’ll hold on to my Biergarten one as long as possible. I bet the communal style seating will change after this. (Yay!)
agreed there has been rumors that I keep seeing in google now that Disney is going to outline this and other things this week.

Hoping disinfecting was always protocol regardless of COVID. I hate to think otherwise😬.

Correct but normally there are some items (tongs at a buffet for instance) are not disinfected after each use or after a person has touched any surface area. That certainly is not the case under normal circumstances.

Last edited:

The simple solution is having CMs dish out food. There would still be a 6ft distance requirement just like the rides. Worst case scenario would be family style like garden Grille. I’d hate to not be able to go to Cape May Cafe not as a buffet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter