Bummed about Disneyland Hotel

Cast Member Boy

Earning My Ears
I booked my room about 4 months ago. I just booked a standard room thinking that it would be easy to upgrade to a Downtown Disney View. I asked about it yesterday and was told the hotel was sold out. I know I should have just booked the DTD view 4 months ago but that far out it did not seem all that important to us. Any suggestions other than knocking on the room doors and asking them to swap rooms with us !?!?!?!?!?!

(oh yeah will be there Nov 11-14, so if you have a DTD view expect a knock at the door!)

I know, I'm trying to book a room and there for 17th and 18th and they are booked solid. Kinda makes you wonder how busy it is going to be?

The 50th celebration is really keeping the parks busy! We were there in October and it was a zoo!

The fourth night free deal also helped keep the hotels booked even during off periods. You are also going around Veteran's Day, so it's not real surprising that you're out of luck for an upgrade. You might consider requesting a room in the Marina Tower with a fireworks view. These are standard rooms, but at least you can look over DL a little, and they aren't as far of a walk as the rooms in the Bonita Tower. And be happy that you are able to stay on-site at all; the view shouldn't be all that important to your enjoyment. You'll have a great time!

Cast Member Boy said:
I booked my room about 4 months ago. I just booked a standard room thinking that it would be easy to upgrade to a Downtown Disney View. I asked about it yesterday and was told the hotel was sold out. I know I should have just booked the DTD view 4 months ago but that far out it did not seem all that important to us. Any suggestions other than knocking on the room doors and asking them to swap rooms with us !?!?!?!?!?!

(oh yeah will be there Nov 11-14, so if you have a DTD view expect a knock at the door!)

Ask when you check in whether you can pay to upgrade. We've done it before, including when the hotel was sold out.

This sort of message serves as a reminder to all of us that IF it's that important to you, to book and pay for the added features you want. You can't expect to get the upgrade after the fact....if it's a bonus to you, fantastic, but if it's necessary for the enjoyment of your trip, you should be prepared to book it at the outset. Hope you do get it on arrival, you just never know and you might be able to get a paid upgrade as the previous poster said!

We live near Disneyland and go there often. It doesn't seem to be having a "down time" this year. The 50th has caused all sorts of crowds. We did finally find an available night at the GC on a Sunday in December but it took several tries to find a room.

I will keep my fingers crossed that you get your upgrade! Enjoy your time at the park!

Desiree

Here is another suggestion go ahead and take the room. Ask when you check in If the room that you would like comes open will they give that to you. I know that they go out of there way to help out. princess:

Keep calling. I just called today and they had a room open up at the Grand Californian for the dates I needed. Yipee... I'm excited. I get to stay there again. Well, actually my dh called. Anyways, he called and they were booked and then, he called back 5 minutes later and they had an opening... I'm sure it was luck of the draw though.

Tina

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter