Busch gardens

signtalker

"in House" Disney Cast Member
Okay in full on planning mode now so lots of threads coming up(be warned!!).

Do Bausch operate a guest assistance card like WDW for disabled travellers.

Can anybody suggest a decent place to eat, other than burger and chips type menu

jules

Jules, I'm honestly no sure about a guest assistance card. I think it would be worth an email to them on their website, www.buschgardens.com

As regards eating, there is only one full service restaurant, Crown Colony House, which is great for both lunch and dinner (especially dinner at dusk, with a great view of the Serengeti area), although it is advisable to book at the restaurant itself early in the day.

Simon do you have the email address?, the link doesnt seem to be working my end.

jules

Jules,

From their site: -

Guests With Disabilities

Busch Gardens is committed to providing a safe and enjoyable environment for all our guests. A Guest Accessibility Guide is available at Guest Relations located near the park entrance next to the main turnstiles. It is intended to supplement the Busch Gardens park map, which contains additional park information and an entertainment schedule.

Parking

Parking for guests with disabilities is located in the parking lot near the Main Entrance on a first-come first-served basis for guests with an authorized government-parking permit. Disabled parking signs designate this parking area and some spaces are van-accessible.

Guest Relations

Guest Relations provides a variety of services including general information, ticket information; show schedules and information about services for guests with disabilities. Assistive listening devices, that amplify the volume of show performances for guest who have difficulty hearing, are also available at Guest Relations for request.

Wheelchair Rental

Wheelchairs and electric convenience vehicles (ECV) may be rented at Jeepers Creepers (stroller and wheelchair rental) located four gift shops to the right upon entering the Moroccan Village. Wheelchairs and electric convenience vehicles are rented on a first-come, first-served basis to guests age eighteen and over. A driver's license is required to rent ECVs. Regrettably, reservations for wheelchairs and electric convenience vehicles are not accepted.

Telephones & Tdd's

A Text Telephone Device (TTD) is located at the Lost and Found office (across from Guest Relations) and at Main First Aid in the Timbuktu area of the park. Public telephones accessible to guests using wheelchairs are provided throughout the park. Most public telephones are equipped with a volume control.

Sign Language Interpretation

If you are reading this in preparation for your visit, interpretation can be provided at live shows with a minimum of one week's notice. Call (813) 987-5465 (during park hours) for reservations. Guests requesting this complimentary service will be contacted prior to their visit and a specified show schedule will be confirmed.

Service Animals

Service animals are welcome at Busch Gardens Tampa Bay. A Service Animal guide is available at Guest Relations to assist you.

Busch Gardens Tampa Bay's efforts to ensure all guests have the most enjoyable and safe day possible is on going. If you have suggestions, comments, or concerns to that end, please stop by Guest Relations during your visit. You are welcome to call us directly at (813) 987-5465 or email us at bgt.guestrelations@Buschgardens.com.

Thanks Simon, have emailed bausch, will let you know if anything is in place like
the GAC card at WDW.

Jules

Although the Crown Colony restaurant is the "poshest" restaurant at Busch Gardens, it is on the top (second) floor. I've never eaten up there myself, only in "peasant class" downstairs.

I can't say I've noticed lifts for disabled access, but I'm sure there must be somewhere.

Might be worth checking?

P.S. Last year I noticed there were no free samples of beer available here (Crown Colony) anymore!!!!!

The free beer is now available in the Hospitality House in the Bird Gardens :D

Malcom, thankyou for that, but DS is disabled not handicapped and is able to move around by himself.
It was more the access to the rides, waiting/eating/hearing etc that i need the info on.

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter