But I don't have anyone to supervise me- a mostly solo November 2017 TR *completed 9/10*

I love the LM show and every time I go, I'm afraid it's going to be the last!

You got a lot done in your morning- so sorry you weren't feeling well, though.

Just read the whole thing all at once, haha! I've been away far too long. But loved catching up on this trip. Your time with Joe there was so sweet (love the shirts!), but the solo time sounds fun too! Hope you had a blast at Disneyland also!

I hope the loss of voice didn't put much of a damper on anything. And I'm glad that the call from your dad wasn't anything urgent. Always nice when things go smoothly with the kids when you're asking others to help take care of them while you're away.

I'm enjoying your TR! I love the coordinating shirts with your husband. The chocolate sculptures at the F&W festival look really cool!

Hi remember me? No probably not,

200.webp

I have been away quite some time, roughly five months.

Since my last update, I have gone through the most stressful, event-filled five months of my life. In quick summary my oldest had not one, but two surgeries. I totaled my car in an accident just days after paying it off and applying for a home loan. This meant we had to purchase a car and a home in the same month. It took us two months to completely move into the new house. As soon as summer started we have been filling our downtime with fun activities for the kids and even took a road trip to Chicago at the beginning of the month.

Not gonna lie, I didn't have time to be on DISboards even if I tried, but my unfinished trip was nagging at the back of my mind. As a type A, perfectionist, I cannot have an unfinished anything out there in the world. So I am back, and even though I am sure no one will be reading from now on, I can't just not finish it. I will probably be doing a big dump of posts just to finish this up, because our next trip is just 60 days away! It's going to be a big one, so I will definitely want to write a TR for it. When I last left off, I was in park three of the day and just finished Country Bear Jamboree.

Day 4: Part 2
Chillin Like a Snowman

I made my way toward the hub to get a good spot for FoF. They had the castle stage all decked out for the filming and there was a crowd of people there for a concert.

I got a spot right next to a trash can (I like to do this so I only have to protect my spot from one side). There was a guy (maybe the director) on stage giving directions to the crowd. I was very interesting to see how these things take place behind the scenes. It also meant that I had entertainment during my hour wait in the very hot sun, waiting for FoF to begin. It turns our performer was Sofia Carson (from Descendants) and I instantly felt guilty, my oldest would have loved to see that. She came out and sang Chillin Like a Snowman, which was a Christmas variation of her Decedents song Chillin like a Villain. At the end Olaf comes out and fireworks shoot off.

They literally did the entire performance three times, thankfully I actually did enjoy the song, so it was fine. I just have to give props to the performers and the crowd of extras, it was in the 80’s and the sun was beating down relentlessly, and they were all dressed in jackets, sweaters, hats, scarves, and gloves. They also did the ending and beginning twice more as well. The whole thing was executed so well, as soon as they were done, they cleared the area in front of the stage and just five minutes later the grand marshals were heading down Main Street.

Right around the time the taping ended, a woman taped me on the shoulder and asked if her family could have my spot. I was not pleased at all, I had been waiting an hour in the heat for a perfect spot and you walk up five minutes before and expect to take my spot.

200w.webp

Of course on the other hand, who am I to deny a child’s chance to see the parade. So I compromised, I said her children could sit in front of me, so they could see. That seemed to please everyone:thumbsup2.

The parade was amazing as always, although my generosity bit me in the butt. The mom who was standing behind me continued to reach around me every time a new float came up to tap her kids on the shoulder and announce to them whatever character was coming up:rolleyes2. I get it, I always want to check my kids excitement level when we do these kinds of things, but not at the expense of someone else’ experience, who by the way did something nice for you. It wasn't a big deal, but very annoying. Also, her kids seemed completely uninterested the entire time.

200w.webp

After the parade, I went to Starbucks, for an much needed cold beverage, I think I got an iced coffee. I wanted to sit on Center Street, pretty much my favorite spot in MK to enjoy my drink, but I think I had to much energy after sitting for so long. Instead, I left MK and got in the bus line for my final park of the day. I made it AK by 3:20, which was perfect because I wanted to try and make the final Finding Nemo of the day.

Finding Nemo was great, I haven’t seen it since 2014, and I am always trying to get to it but the show times are always so inconvenient, so I was glad I could make it work this trip. After Nemo, I started an accidental mission to see how many times I could cross the park and made my way over to Africa for my FP on the Safari. We were at the perfect “golden hour” for the safari and I was excited to see if it was a little different. In line there was a couple behind me and they were very interesting to say the least. One thing I definitely noticed this trip was that being alone meant I heard other people’s conversations much more, which led to some entertainment for me throughout the trip. So the girl behind me commented on the babies in front of me, saying they were so cute. Then her husband started berating her, saying he was never going to have kids, kids are the worst, he hates kids etc., etc. Okay fine, I don’t care if people choose to have kids or not, but one it was really not appropriate to say around a bunch of kids and two they were acting like this was the first time they were having this conversation:confused3. Honestly this guy was a big jerk and unfortunately for me I was seated in the same row as them. I assumed they were dating based on the seemingly newness of the kids topic, but then saw they both had wedding rings on??? So then they begin to bicker about how she wants to eat and he doesn’t want to feed her and she hates going on vacation with him because this always happens? I was seriously uncomfortable at this point, but I was stuck next to them. On top of that he was very loud and obnoxious the entire safari, badgering the CM (we were in the front row) yelling at the animals. It was by far the worst safari thanks to this jerk. I was feeling bad for his wife until on the bridge part she literally falls on top of me and doesn’t even acknowledge that I exist. No apology, didn’t even look at me. I couldn’t wait to get off this hellish safari. The animals were pretty much nonexistent as well, so that was a bummer.

After the safari, I walked back across the park for my EE FP.

Quick Tree of Life Sunset picture first

I wanted to ride in the dark and then sun hadn’t set yet, but I went on anyway. I was absolutely beautiful at sunset though.

After saying hi to the disco yeti, I walked once again across the park to Pandora.

Stopped for some sunset Africa pictures

On the way over I ordered my food at Satu’li Canteen on the app. I have to say this new feature is so freaking cool.

I ordered the kids Cheeseburger Steamed Pod, which came with grapes and vegetable chips. For dessert I got the Chocolate Cake which had a crunchy cookie layer and banana cream topping.

The steamed pod was good, I was shocked. This is not something I would have ordered, I would have shied away from it, but I had heard such great reviews, so I went with it. It tasted exactly like a cheeseburger, the outside was bread. I was expecting a dumpling like texture but it was not, just normal bread which I was relieved by. The chips were weird, I only ate a few. The chocolate cake was a little rich for me, I think it was made with dark chocolate, which I am not a fan of and I couldn’t taste the banana at all. I wouldn’t get it again, but it wasn’t bad just ordinary. I wish I liked blueberry, because I would have gotten that, maybe I can convince Joe to get it next time. Overall, I loved the location, the mobile ordering was fantastic and the food was very good, definitely slid up to one of my favorite counter service spots. I do have to say I was starting to feel more and more lonely as the day went one and eating dinner alone magnified that by 100. Meal times were definitely the most lonely for me. After dinner, I had my final FP to use. Now that it was dark though, I wanted to look around Pandora at night first.

I definitely liked Pandora at night better, the land coming to life was cool, but I still feel pretty meh about the land in general. My last FP was for FoP. The line was longer than the other day, but I still only waited about 20 minutes. Second time on this ride I was still blown away, even though I knew what to expect this time. It has quickly become one of my top rides at WDW, it’s just so stinking good. Now I had to make my way back across the park one final time for RoL. For those you keeping count, I crossed AK 4 times that evening. I didn’t really know exactly where to go for RoL, so I walked over to Asia figuring I would eventually find it, also I wanted to try and get on EE one last time. Walking out of Pandora was difficult, the lighting on the path (well really the whole land) was so poorly lit. It was a mess of people trying to not trip over one another, and all I kept thinking about was how hard that would be with a stroller.

By the time I got over to Asia I was too tired to ride EE, I just wanted to sit down. Unfortunately, I still had to walk all the way through Dinoland to get to the standby. This was the second show of the night, so it wasn’t very crowded. Even still I sat in front of a bunch of 13 year old boys, one of which insisted on putting his feet up behind my back. Thankfully one “mom stare” back at him and I had a feetless bench:cheer2:. I facetimed with Joe and the boys while I waited for the show to start, it was a nice way to pass the time. The theater for RoL is so beautiful, I loved how they lit up the tress surrounding it and had shadows of the animals passing by.

By the time the show started I was pumped.

I LOVED this show. I honestly do not understand the negativity toward it. I think it was beautiful, it has great music, wonderful storyline. Maybe it was just because my expectations were tempered due to the lackluster reviews, but I was engaged the entire time. Even the 13 year olds boys behind me, a group I thought for sure would think it was boring, were blown away. They kept saying wow, I mean everyone around me seemed to enjoy it. It is bam in your face like other nighttime shows? No, absolutely not, but that wouldn’t make sense at AK anyway. I think it goes perfectly there and I really enjoyed it. The park was still open, but I was starting feel that full day of four parks, so I decided to leave. I passed the tree of life awakening and stopped for a minute.

I didn’t stay for the whole thing though, too tired. I am so not used to taking the bus that I forgot to check the board to see where my stop was and ended up wandering around trying to find it instead of walking all the way back to the sign:sad2:. Like I said, I was tired.

Apparently a short rest on the bus was all I needed because when I got back to the hotel, it was only 8:30 and I wasn’t ready for bed. Instead, I refreshened up and headed back out.

I wanted to check out the Disney store in the outlet mall to see what kinds of deals they had. The store itself was pretty bare bones, I don’t know if it was just the day that I went or what, but not a very good selection. However the deals were amazing on everything other then the Star Wars toys. I wanted to get the boys souvenirs there. I knew whatever I brought back would be played with for a few days and then forgotten, and I wasn’t going to pay WDW prices for that. I ended up picking up a pin, tsum tsum, and fidget spinner for each of them. I also grabbed two Tatooine luggage tags, a 45th anniversary pin, a Star Wars shirt, a Tinker Bell skirt, and shorts for me. While the selection wasn’t huge, the discounts were steep and I found enough things that I wanted in the end anyway, so it was well worth the trip over. It’s actually quite close, so if you have a car, I highly recommend taking a trip over. By the time I was done with my shopping spree, I was fading fast. My throat was killing me and the day had finally caught up with me. I was in bed before 11, I needed to rest up because even though the next two days wouldn’t be as physically demanding, I needed to be 100% for them.

Last edited:
Welcome back! That sounds like a rough five months, I hope things are starting to calm down again and that your oldest is doing better!

I got a spot right next to a trash can (I like to do this so I only have to protect my spot from one side).

This is one of my favorite spot saving methods too!

I just have to give props to the performers and the crowd of extras, it was in the 80’s and the sun was beating down relentlessly,

We were there too (maybe that day) and it was SO HOT, I couldn't even imagine being in that crowd

Right around the time the taping ended, a woman taped me on the shoulder and asked if her family could have my spot. I was not pleased at all, I had been waiting an hour in the heat for a perfect spot and you walk up five minutes before and expect to take my spot.

Wow, the nerve of some people! You were much nicer than I'd have been, and then for her to keep interrupting your experience :sad2:

It was by far the worst safari thanks to this jerk. I was feeling bad for his wife until on the bridge part she literally falls on top of me and doesn’t even acknowledge that I exist. No apology, didn’t even look at me. I couldn’t wait to get off this hellish safari.

Yikes, what inconsiderate guests

STUNNING!

I LOVED this show.

You took beautiful pictures of ROL!

Yes, I remember you! I've followed several of your TR's. Sorry you had such a rough time but I'm glad you decided to finish out this TR!

Welcome back! That sounds like a rough five months, I hope things are starting to calm down again and that your oldest is doing better!
It was, and he is all better now thanks.

This is one of my favorite spot saving methods too!
It's such a great tip.

We were there too (maybe that day) and it was SO HOT, I couldn't even imagine being in that crowd
I know right, and in all the winter gear, no thanks.

Wow, the nerve of some people! You were much nicer than I'd have been, and then for her to keep interrupting your experience :sad2:
I just figured I've seen it before and I'll see it again, nothing to start a fight over.

Yikes, what inconsiderate guests
I had really bad luck this day

Thank you

You took beautiful pictures of ROL!
Thanks, there was so much I wanted to include but I had to cut it off.

I'm still here. So glad you're back!
Yay, thanks!

Yes, I remember you! I've followed several of your TR's. Sorry you had such a rough time but I'm glad you decided to finish out this TR!
It was okay, just busy. I'm glad to be back too.

Day 5: Part 1
Tower of Terror Marathon???

Despite getting a full night’s sleep, which is so rare during a Disney vacation, I felt tired and like crap. Still, I got ready for the day, because I had a very exciting breakfast to get to. I texted Tammie and then drove over to Coronado Springs. I have never stayed at this part of the resort, so I was happy to see how close these two resorts are. I went inside because I wanted to see the inside and I couldn’t see Tammie from my car. I was also picking up two other women there for the same conference, but they hadn’t gotten to the lobby yet. I really liked Coronado, but sadly with my family of five it is unlikely I will be staying there anytime soon. When the other two ladies arrived we got back in the car and drove over to the Boardwalk.

Tammie had kindly invited me to her breakfast reservation and the other two, Leann and Amanda who roomed together for the conference, had a ADR at the same location just 30 minutes after ours. Our breakfast this morning was at Trattoria Al Forno for the Bon Voyage breakfast.

Tammie asked if we could combine our reservations and they did, no problem. We were seated pretty quickly and I loved the look of the restaurant, a rustic Italian kitchen.

Like other character meals, they announced each character as they entered the dining room and they walked around the restaurant before coming to the tables. We got our drink orders placed and then our server brought out the pastries.

We were all so busy chatting, they didn’t really get eaten until later and even then we barely made a dent. Our first character of the meal came over, Flynn. It was really funny because we had four, grown women, giggling over Flynn.

He was super fun though. He even showed us Rapunzel’s crown.

After swooning over Flynn’s smolder, we were brought the fruit and/or yogurt. I ordered the fruit and once again barely touched it.

It wasn’t bad, but just typical melons and such and I was to busy chatting it up. Three of us were from Texas (well I’m not from Texas, but moved there in last summer) and Amanda is from Michigan (where I have spent nine years of my life). So we had plenty to chat about without ever even really discussing to much Disney or work topics, although we touched on that stuff too.

Finally Ariel came out and they did a parade around the restaurant with the kids.

Next up we had Rapunzel, she was very entertaining and chatty with us.

I was worried we would get lackluster meets, being a group of four adults, but everyone so far had been great. Eric then came over, and I don’t remember much about him.

I guess he wasn’t as good as Eugene, but Eric was my crush as a little girl. I was obsessed with Little Mermaid and practically watched it everyday when I was around 4, so I was happy to meet him. Finally Ariel came over, and she was not great. We had a pretty good system down, Leann would get her autograph booked signed and then take her picture, then Tammie, then Amanda, then me. It had worked for everyone else, but Ariel got all snippy when Leann didn’t immediately jump up to get her picture taken:snooty:.

We were happy to have her swim away, and not just because she wasn’t great, but because it was time for food. I know three of us got the King Triton’s Shipwreck al Forno. A calzone stuffed with salami, bacon, sausage, and cheeses served atop an Italian Sunday Gravy.

We got our gravy on the side, which I assumed when I ordered would be gravy, but it was actually like a marina sauce. I was happy it was on the side, I never touched it. The portion was massive, so I think I only finished one half, but it was very delicious. It felt more like a lunch or dinner entrée, but I am not a breakfast fan, so it was perfect for me. Overall, I loved this meal, I think the quality of the food was much better than other character options and priced about the same. The location is beautiful and the characters are different. I might actually take the boys, I loved it so much.

After breakfast, we parted ways with Amanda and Leann and Tammie and I walked over to DHS. I had a plan to ride ToT as many times in a row as I could, and Tammie was coming along. The walk is quite nice and peaceful and not nearly as long as I thought it would be. I tried to get a glimpse of the clown pool, but couldn't see it from there.

When we got through DHS, Donald was out meeting.

I guess I didn’t realize he meets in his sailor outfit, which I love. Now I need to make this a priority for next time. We walked over to ToT and I honestly don’t remember much, we were just chatting the whole time in line. It was so nice to have so company again. Our fist ride was done with quick.

We got back in line, but the morning had really flown by, I think we had only an hour and a half until our conference started and I thought we would have had plenty of time. Well the wait had jumped considerably, so Tammie started to get nervous. We met a little girl in line, she was four or five on a trip with her dad and grandpa and she took an instant liking to me. She chatted with me the whole time and she got a little miffed if I didn’t give her my full attention. By the time we got to the lobby of the Hollywood Hotel, Tammie had convinced me we wouldn’t have time to ride again. So much for my Tower of Terror Marathon. :confused3 We got out of line and I stopped at a cart to grab a water, it was turning into another hot day.

We took the boat back to the Boardwalk and I parted with Tammie. I had to run to my car and put on a nice shirt and switch some things out of my bag. At our conference we got a bag lunch. Due to too much talking we were the last table to go up and got stuck with the vegetarian option, which was not great, but not the worst. It was a soy chicken wrap, with apple, chips, couscous and a brownie.

I’m not going to talk about the conference part itself, but it was much more tiring than I thought and I ended up doing a lot of talking that day. My poor voice was hating me by the end of the day. We got dropped off at Disney Springs at 4:30 and I parted ways with my fellow conference goers to do some exploring.

My phone was only at 20% and I had left my backup charger in the car with my backpack. I walked over to guest services because I knew they had a fuel rod station there. Even though I had brought three portable chargers and didn’t need a fuel rod, I didn’t want to run our of battery either. Sadly there was a problem with the machine. I put in one credit card, it said it couldn’t read it. Okay, so I tried another, still can’t read it. At that point I figured the machine is broken and CMs there can’t help because it’s not their machine. Not wanting to be alone, without a phone, almost no voice, I had to forgo my planned shopping spree and headed back to the Boardwalk.

Last edited:
Welcome back! I'm so glad that you are going to finish- I always enjoy your reports. I'm sorry that life was chaotic for awhile, but glad things have slowed down.

Hey Ashley!! I hadn't seen that you updated your TR! But I'm back and ready to catch up! And fear not, I have our picture!!

xE-vikoQdVSSWB14wOn-n1e_NuqvUIbk2j30ESnJmGwYkxsfIwN2b8fVRZGFFVUzovrs6DHVJY3zMJU27fq13dHNgekEKbkY27wK6eiIvoQAhOfNTbczgcURg1HIYvDIbJGQ38dQzKG_v3H0h-gRTVO6Uw9eYXAK-ybdjxc2rt56sTMfeSPeJW7fH2QubWS3V30rPx9eru6Y8Rlg6Jyb4RAY02-B8vQKX-Ai1_Oaugu1Wq_2S4O-R_Y1DmxHQyy3fguWklinVKsCnm6KslzayMg9eCxz6TfaK9AwmuJrwje9nbq8sh4FHjm20zmLA6vyrq_LcqV5L95Nlui_17cYGJ6nWmxubXYwDrvI4wB_BPl8iEubFy7ra2eaXAYWyD0L1LLnMcnyPqJJDHs23J8e8dk5JMvELYyOS8WBumCjw1BOE4Zwm16EIxOZ9fQe8oBP3CS47ryfc-jIrivs5iScI8DYMvq2wC_7Wj9GQVmFMcVNYQ-1xia2xj6IZb-e1RvaUjd7uJVAeIguWUPGY2l9pCSgbBDGt23ikvkM0eWVKF6WNnMk_qG0ompkE6-fchbOXXum_LxB9Z2fFDvPGkgFVMPank6wA5pulPQ0NBFs=w477-h635-no

It was great meeting you and I hope our paths cross again!
It was so nice to meet you too. I have stolen this picture and inserted it into my TR now, thank you.

Welcome back! I'm so glad that you are going to finish- I always enjoy your reports. I'm sorry that life was chaotic for awhile, but glad things have slowed down.
Thank you, glad to be back. Life has definitely gotten more normal now, thanks.

I started my Disneyland Trip Report, if anyone is interested in checking it out.

Day 5: Part 2
But I don't Have Anyone to Supervise Me

I picked up my park backpack with my charger in my car and then took the boat over to DHS.

I had already had FPs set up here, but one of the women from the conference told me that they were holding another passholder event that night, so I got a bracelet for the event when I got there.

I was starting to feel really run down by the time I got to DHS, but I was determined to press on. It had been a long time since lunch, which I barely ate, so I was starving. First, I walked to The Brown Derby Lounge, but it was full and I was too impatient to wait. I thought about going to Baseline, but they don’t have any real food, so I settled for Backlot Express. At least there is an AP discount at this qs. The lines were long and I noticed they had mobile order signs posted, but it wasn’t coming up on the app:confused3. I got a burger and fries, nothing too exciting. My throat was starting to make it hard to swallow, so I couldn’t eat too much. I had time before my FP, so I got in line for Star Tours, by far the longest I have waited for this ride, about 20 minutes.

I passed the time talking to and mom and her son. They had just moved to Orlando and had APs. The mom was shocked when I told her I was alone, she made a big deal about how weird it was. Made me feel like a real freak. She kept asking why I would come alone, I don't know strange lady, I don't know:sad2:. Once, on the ride and far away from judgey people, the CM was giving our safety instructions and said something about kids supervising their parents. That's when I thought, "but I don't have anyone to supervise me" :sad: It sounds much sadder than it was, I my mind I thought it was hilarious :rolleyes1. When I left Star Tours, I could hear the end of Movie Magic, so I rushed over to catch the tail end.

Although apparently not right over, because I stopped to take these picture

After Movie Magic, I grabbed a good spot for the galactic spectacular.

I don’t love this show, but I do love Star Wars, so I enjoy it. I just wish they would stop calling it fireworks. Just call it a nighttime spectacular and stop letting people down, this is not a fireworks show:mic:. I had missed all my fastpasses, but I really wanted to ride TSMM, so I got in line. I don’t think it was too bad, maybe 20 minutes.

My score keeps getting better.

At this point I had a decision to make, either go see Fantasmic or do the passholder event. If you have read my TRs in the past you may remember, that we never see Fantasmic either for silly reasons or we just really have no desire. I have seen it before back in 2001, but no one else in my family has seen it. It has become a running joke between me and Joe. Even though I was alone, I decided to keep the tradition going and miss Fantasmic again. We did finally see it in Disneyland, which I feel like was a mistake because it’s, IMHO, way better than WDW’s, but that's a different story for a different TR.

I walked back over to Echo Lake to take some pictures of the Christmas decorations before heading over to Sunset.

Since I had already seen the projection show, my real goal this night was to do what I had failed to do that morning and ride ToT as many times as I could. This night was WAY more crowded that the first night though.

I rode RnR first.

This ride gives me a headache, so once is enough.

Then I started my ToT marathon. So how many times did I make it???

Five times!! By ride four my stomach was feeling a bit queasy. Also the lines were getting pretty long, I’m sure you can tell in the pictures, the ride was more crowded as the night went one. The projection show had already cycled through and more guests were now riding the rides. I am pretty proud of my streak though. I Facetimed with the boys and Joe to show them the projections.

My youngest was very upset. He didn’t want to see Olaf, just mama. My heart was breaking, I was really missing them. I had almost no voice so we didn’t talk long. The night was winding down and I decided it was time to head out. I ran into someone from Instagram, so I starting talking to her, which is nice. I love talking to other Disney fans, but my voice was non-existent by the end. I took the boat back to the Boardwalk and there was a magician out, so I stopped to watch his last act.

He was pretty entertaining, glad I stopped to watch.

Then I drove back to ASMo. As soon as I pulled in there was two ambulances coming up behind me and pulled in front of my building. By the time I got to my room four ambulances pulled up, one fire engine, and 3 security cars. Part of me was nervous, but the other part of me was too exhausted to worry. I got ready for bed and promptly passed out. I figured if anything really serious was going on it would wake me up.

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Sorry you weren't feeling well!

I just love HS at night, and the Christmas decorations looked awesome. Glad you got to do your ToT marathon! :)

Yikes! I hope whoever needed help in your building was ok- how scary!

My phone was only at 20% and I had left my backup charger in the car with my backpack. I walked over to guest services because I knew they had a fuel rod station there. Even though I had brought three portable chargers and didn’t need a fuel rod, I didn’t want to run our of battery either. Sadly there was a problem with the machine. I put in one credit card, it said it couldn’t read it. Okay, so I tried another, still can’t read it. At that point I figured the machine is broken and CMs there can’t help because it’s not their machine. Not wanting to be alone, without a phone, almost no voice, I had to forgo my planned shopping spree and headed back to the Boardwalk.
I had so much trouble trying to buy a Fuel Rod at the kiosks at WDW (and I tried twice). Finally, I was so frustrated I just kept swiping my credit card over and over several times, and then it went through!

At this point I had a decision to make, either go see Fantasmic or do the passholder event. If you have read my TRs in the past you may remember, that we never see Fantasmic either for silly reasons or we just really have no desire. I have seen it before back in 2001, but no one else in my family has seen it. It has become a running joke between me and Joe. Even though I was alone, I decided to keep the tradition going and miss Fantasmic again. We did finally see it in Disneyland, which I feel like was a mistake because it’s, IMHO, way better than WDW’s, but that's a different story for a different TR.
I haven't seen it at WDW either and still don't know when I will! Just seems like I've seen the awesome ones at DLR, don't necessarily need to be disappointed at DHS!

I'm sorry things have been stressful :(

Glad to see you back though and that you have a trip coming up!

That's so annoying that the family just asked if they could have your spot. What did they think you were standing there for?! I probably would have done the same- let the kids in front of me.

The couple on the safari sound like a nightmare!

Beautiful pics of Ak at sunset!

Sounds like a fun breakfast at the Boardwalk, especially because you had company!

5 times on ToT, that's awesome!

It stinks that you were feeling crappy but you really powered through :thumbsup2

Sorry you weren't feeling well!
That's okay, feel sick at Disney is better than feeling sick at home

I just love HS at night, and the Christmas decorations looked awesome. Glad you got to do your ToT marathon! :)
Thanks, it was an awesome way to spend the evening

Yikes! I hope whoever needed help in your building was ok- how scary!
I know, I tried to find out information the next day, but nothing came up.

I had so much trouble trying to buy a Fuel Rod at the kiosks at WDW (and I tried twice). Finally, I was so frustrated I just kept swiping my credit card over and over several times, and then it went through!
OMG, I'm glad it wasn't just me. So many women at the conference had them, and I thought maybe I'm just to dumb :confused3

I haven't seen it at WDW either and still don't know when I will! Just seems like I've seen the awesome ones at DLR, don't necessarily need to be disappointed at DHS!
I really wish they would just update it already, although I get why they won't do it soon

I'm sorry things have been stressful :(
Thanks, it's been okay, just left no time for the DIS

Glad to see you back though and that you have a trip coming up!
EEK, I'm so excited about my upcoming trip and happy to be back

That's so annoying that the family just asked if they could have your spot. What did they think you were standing there for?! I probably would have done the same- let the kids in front of me.
I kind of expected it, as a single adult, I'm an easy target.

The couple on the safari sound like a nightmare!
Ugh, they were. Probably some of the rudest WDW I encountered all trip

Beautiful pics of Ak at sunset!
Thank you

Sounds like a fun breakfast at the Boardwalk, especially because you had company!
It was the breakfast and the company were good

5 times on ToT, that's awesome!
:faint: It was something :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

It stinks that you were feeling crappy but you really powered through :thumbsup2
I can get through anything if I am at Disney :thumbsup2

Day 6
Ursula Stole My Voice

When I woke up this morning, all I wanted to do was stay in bed. I officially had no voice, which was scary, because I had no one to even speak for me. On top of that, I think I had just hit my wall. I have never pushed myself this hard during a trip, no one to hold me back I guess, but I was pooped. I still had the conference to attend though, so I got ready. This update will be very short because I spent almost the entire day at the conference. I was worried about being able to park at the Boardwalk, but other attendees were allowed the day before, so I hoped there would be no issue. There was of course the little issue that I had no voice, so I typed out my request on my phone and then showed it to the security gate person when I arrived. I was waved on through and parked in the lot closest to the conference center.

Thankfully I didn’t have to do much talking and I had lots of tea with honey while we sat through presentations.

We all got Mickey ears

A "swag" bag

Very cute SDMT figurine

Just one of the many teas with honey I had that day

Once the conference was over, we all walked over to the Atlantic Dance Hall for dinner.

The food was okay, your standard buffet fare; pasta, potatoes, rolls, carved meats. I sat with Tammie and the ladies from the day before. Mickey and Minnie even stopped by.

Tammie and I ended up leaving early, I think we were both a little let down by the day and just tired. I walked with her back to her room at the Boardwalk so I could check out her room and view.

Being there the last two days totally changed my mind about this resort. Before, I had no desire to stay there, I am not a fan of the creepy theming, but I actually really loved it. I mean I still don’t care for the creepy chairs or clown pool, but I definitely want to stay there now. I parted ways with Tammie for now and walked over to Epcot. I had booked fastpasses here, but the first was already expired. I booked it over to Living with the Land, but missed the cutoff time by literally a minute. Since I didn’t have much to do I walked over to Nemo.

I had my FP for Spaceship Earth next.

I still had plenty of time, so I decided to ride Mission Space, I really like the orange side, but with Joe’s motion sickness and the boys not being ready for it, I decided to take my chance to ride the orange side. The wait said 30 minutes, but it was literally a walk on. I got grouped with some very obnoxious preteen boys. Seeing an opening in another group, I asked the CM if I could switch. The last thing I needed was to be stuck in a confined space with those boys:sad2:. Of course in my new group, I was with two men and one little girl. All I kept thinking was please don’t let this little princess puke. She was fine though, actually she really liked the ride.

After Mission Space, I made the grave error of stepping into Mouse Gear. The entire week I had seen people in the Christmas spirit jersey, which I was in love with. But by this point I had purchased one short sleeve xmas shirt, one xmas sweater, and a long sleeve hooded xmas shirt, I did NOT need another xmas shirt. And yet somehow I walked out with the Christmas spirit jersey:confused3. I also bought some foam keychains for the boys, a Beauty and the Beast VHS notebook, a couple of pens and pins. No more shopping for me:rotfl2:. My last FP of the night was for Illuminations. I grabbed a blueberry cider from Farm Fresh and sat down in the fastpass section. Typically not a tier one I would use, but I thought it was perfect in this case.

After Illuminations, I went back to ASMo and tired on my new shirt.

:love::love::love:

I popped over to Cinema Hall to take another look around the gift shop and to grab something to drink. I went to bed around 10, trying to rest up as much as possible for my last full day.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!