Buy a one day ticket ahead of time?

JenniferFolsomCa

Mouseketeer
Can I buy a one day ticket a day at Downtown Disney on a Thursday and then put the info into my phone for maxpass Thursday evening and then use the ticket Friday to go to the parks?

Am confused how the whole thing works!

Jenn

I think info you buy online or in the app you can buy it with maxpass attached. Otherwise you’d have to buy
maxpass after you enter the park for the day.

I am so tech wary that I refuse to use a mobile boarding pass on my phone out of paranoia and fear, among other tech fears!

However.....

I purchased my one day one park ticket with Maxpass about an hour before I walked in the park on the app. on my phone. Presented the ticket/ barcode type thing on my phone at the turnstile and waltzed on through. Very easy!!

Can I buy a one day ticket a day at Downtown Disney on a Thursday and then put the info into my phone for maxpass Thursday evening and then use the ticket Friday to go to the parks?

Am confused how the whole thing works!

Jenn
If you have a hard ticket you can't add Maxpass until you are inside the park for that day. Your ticket has to be scanned in at the turnstile first. We used it two weeks ago, and this was the case.

Enjoy Maxpass. It worked wonders for us during our trip!

I am so tech wary that I refuse to use a mobile boarding pass on my phone out of paranoia and fear, among other tech fears!

However.....

I purchased my one day one park ticket with Maxpass about an hour before I walked in the park on the app. on my phone. Presented the ticket/ barcode type thing on my phone at the turnstile and waltzed on through. Very easy!!

So there is a legitimate concern about mobile tickets and connection issue that some may have. Tip to solve that issue: Purchase the ticket on the app on the phone ahead of time where you know you have solid connection...once you purchase it, snap a screenshot of the barcode so that you can easily recall it at the mission critical time of entering the gate should you have any connection or app issues.

Just like the tip of taking a pic of your paper ticket. Always good to have a backup!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter