Buy one day, get a year? What is that all about?

Humpbacks1962

Humpbacks1962 on Pinpics
I noticed that on AOL, going to keyword "Disney" a Universal offer popped up making reference to buying a day, getting a year's worth of admission. I selected it and while it was loading, opened up another window. Freaking AOL opened teh new window right in the same spot and never allowed me to go back to that offer. Can anyone figure out what that is all about?

You end up in the same ticket purchase site but if you try to find it from there, you can't. It seems to be a pop up offer.

Wanda

As far as I know that offer is for Busch Gardens in Tampa and Sea World in Orlando. It is like a season pass, you get admission for the year but no discounts, or free parking, and blackout dates apply-
Still a great value, especially for a park like seaworld where an annual pass seems like overkill
:jester:

OK, found out all about it. Here it is:

https://tickets.universalstudios.com/USRG/US/PackageInfo/310.htm

Info here:

Buy A Day and Get A Year FREE!!

1 Day Price for 1 Year Access to Universal Studios Hollywood.

Visit 333 days a year (30 blackout days apply)
15% discount on admission for up to 6 guests each time you visit
25% discount on merchandise and 20% discount on food in the park
Sneak previews of new theme park attractions
Up to 20% discount on food and merchandise at selected CityWalk locations
Best Promotional Price at Universal Amphitheatre when purchasing tickets using your Celebrity Annual Pass
Tickets MUST be purchased by 4/15/02

IMPORTANT! 1st visit must occur before 5/30/02

Blackout days on the Regular Celebrity Annual Pass include selected Holidays and Summer Weekends. Blackout dates for 2002:

Jan '02 NONE
Feb '02 NONE
Mar '02 NONE
Apr '02 NONE
May '02 25, 26
Jun '02 30
Jul '02 5,6,7,13,14,20,21,27,28
Aug '02 3, 4, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25, 31
Sep '02 1
Oct '02 NONE
Nov '02 29,30
Dec '02 26,27,28,29,30,31

For reference only. Blackout dates are subject to change
without notice.

Looks like you can only access it if you click on the random pop up ad, coming up sporadically. Took me a while to get the offer up again.

Didn't help us for our trip in August but maybe it can help someone else...

Wanda

You can buy a similar pass with similar restrictions for Universal Orlando for $99 a person. It's called the Power Pass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter