Buying annual pas through resale DVC...

Mdktf

You gotta love Mickey waffles!
Now before anyone starts I know that now you have to buy direct to get the reduced Annual Pass discount.

However, anyone can buy the discounted pass online. So my question is - How strict are they when you pick your passes up at the park? Would they just accept my resale DVC account number (similar to if someone forgot their member card). Do they really check or does it depend on who you speak to?

Also - is the worst that can happen they charge you the extra $100 there and then?

Thanks.

Very strict, IMO. They check the system, so if your contract was loaded correctly, it will "know" if you own qualified points.

When we activated our passes, CM looked us up in the system even though I gave him our membership card and our photo IDs. Not sure what they do if you don't qualify - my GUESS is that they either refund your $$ or ask if you want to pay the additional $$ to get a non-DVC annual pass.

For picking up passes at the ticket counters or guest services, you are required to provide your member card and ID for all adults. Some have reported not always being asked for everything required but our experience has been that they have requested those items.

Also, I am not sure you would be able to purchase online with the discount. Unless I am signed on as a member, I have found that I cannot get to the page that allows a purchase of annual passes at the DVC discount rate. Thus, it is possible they have it set up so you can get to the page only if you are member qualified to purchase at a discount.

This is why DVC members and Florida residents have to stop at GR or a ticket window to activate annual passes purchased in advance, they are very strict about verifying who is eligible.

Plus, they'd just tell you to come back with your member card if you say you forgot it. They know very well that post 4/4 buyers aren't being issued physical cards.

It's $200 more to get an AP, only DVC and Fl residents can get the gold pass.

Plus, they'd just tell you to come back with your member card if you say you forgot it. They know very well that post 4/4 buyers aren't being issued physical cards.
I'm under the impression that everyone is being issued cards. Post-4/4 buyers are simply a different color. Plus, the digital version of the card is supposed to be valid for discounts. I doubt that the ticket booth folks "know very well" about the resale restrictions.

....(snip).... I doubt that the ticket booth folks "know very well" about the resale restrictions.
Which is why the procedure is to look individuals up in the DVC databases to make sure they qualify for the DVC passes.

So even though the website, when I'm logged in as a DVC member, allows me to purchase it at a discount, even though I technically have a membership ID card (the one I get even though I'm post 4/4 resale), you all think they wouldn't give me the pass? Does anyone on here have experience with that?

So even though the website, when I'm logged in as a DVC member, allows me to purchase it at a discount, even though I technically have a membership ID card (the one I get even though I'm post 4/4 resale), you all think they wouldn't give me the pass? Does anyone on here have experience with that?
I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer. We're all making assumptions about how Disney's computer systems work. You'll only know if you try. And we'll only know if you share your results.

I don't think anyone can give you a definitive answer. We're all making assumptions about how Disney's computer systems work. You'll only know if you try. And we'll only know if you share your results.

I didn't want the additional stress when going to the park, so I called to purchase the annual passes. They confirmed, no discount. We'll be going three times in the 13 month window, so I bought the full price platinum passes anyway - with Photo Pass included, it just made more sense than buying it all separately.

I didn't mention the online loophole to the cast member, so, to those brave enough to book online and take their chances at the gate, go for it! Please report back!

I know that they have to enter your member number into the system when activating your AP. I know because one time the cm typed it wrong twice. They do this also to stop people who sold their membership but kept the card.

They are very strict about it. While the individual CM may not know the rules about who is eligible for the discount, in order to purchase the discounted pass, they must enter the membership number in the computer. The computer will tell them that no discount applies. They cannot override this without a supervisor. The supervisors are very well versed in who is eligible for a discount.

So I'm a resale DVC owner. Today I called to add a day to my reservation. They added the day and then the cast member asked if I would like to take advantage of a pass offer. The platinum plus for the gold price. I said yes, she put me on hold, and then took payment.

So now what? They asked me, they had all my account information, but when I get there I'm worried what will happen.

So I'm a resale DVC owner. Today I called to add a day to my reservation. They added the day and then the cast member asked if I would like to take advantage of a pass offer. The platinum plus for the gold price. I said yes, she put me on hold, and then took payment.

So now what? They asked me, they had all my account information, but when I get there I'm worried what will happen.

I think they will either refund or ask if you will accept the additional charges to get a non discounted AP.

Also the cast member at DVC might not have known that you weren’t eligible.

They may just honor it. That was my experience. I was honest every step of the way, even calling to member services to make sure there wouldn't be any issue once I arrived to pick it up. When they asked for my DVC membership card I handed them the paper white card (since thats all we receive) and she completed the transaction from the AP I purchased online and then proceeded to ask if wed like to also upgrade my husbands 9 day hopper to an AP since it would only be $59. Just be honest and see what happens. :)

I have no experience with this, but I will say I can't buy a discounted pass online from my account. I recently purchased resale. I would personally be surprised if they sold it to you online and then they would not honour it once you arrived, but who knows.

People who bought resale before a certain date are grandfathered in, so that may account for some of the different experiences.

People who bought resale before a certain date are grandfathered in, so that may account for some of the different experiences.
Very true. We however unfortunately just missed that cutoff by about a month so we weren’t grandfathered into the benefits which I think is why I only have a white paper membership card, rather than the blue plastic dvc card but I’m not positive on that one?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter