Buying into DVC with a gift card?

DuffyForPresident

wants to live at Epcot
Hi everyone! We are just about ready to make our first DVC purchase. Can you use a Disney gift card towards the sale? We have well over $1,000 in Target gift cards (from their recent 10% sale) that we could possibly turn into Disney GC. We'd prefer to do that but we're not sure if that's possible.

Tried to look through the forum and didn't find the answer. Thanks in advance!

That would be amazing if you could do that....I doubt they will ever to change to allow though. You can use a Disney Visa for 6 months no interest financing.
It used to be possible. That changed with rules involving gift cards around 2009.

It used to be possible. That changed with rules involving gift cards around 2009.
...sure wish they'd change it back:crazy:...We will have our contract paid off next year and I would love to start saving for another small add-on. I only want another 50 points (max) so by the time I save up enough for a resale, it will take months upon months to match resort, UY and contract size. It will be so much easier to add on direct, which is what we did with our last 50-point contract.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!