Buying military ticket at the gate

Cameo

DIS Veteran
MILITARY families: please tell me I can buy my military ticket t the gate without my husband (military member) there. I do have a spouse military ID. Last time we went to Dland, this is what we did. I know at WDW, it’s best to get them ahead at your Rec office or at Shades of Green. Hubby won’t be with son and I this trip.

The fine print specifically says "or spouse". Going by the fine print, it looks to me to be possible.

But I would call and confirm.

April of this year I purchased our tickets at the booth we got the Military salute , all I had to do was produce My ID .. spouse was not needed

April of this year I purchased our tickets at the booth we got the Military salute , all I had to do was produce My ID .. spouse was not needed
Just to be clear, you purchased it at Dland at the front gate ticket booth without your spouse? I know we did that before, but the rules in the link provided above say that you have to purchase them at a military base.

Unless something has changed, I did exactly that on my last trip with my sister. My military dependent ID was all that was needed. I bought the armed forces salute tickets right at the ticket booth, easy peasy.

Just to be clear, you purchased it at Dland at the front gate ticket booth without your spouse? I know we did that before, but the rules in the link provided above say that you have to purchase them at a military base.
This is what I have done twice a year, sometimes 3 times a year for the last 5 years or so. We haven't gone to/called to ship from the MWR in 6 years.

MAKE SURE YOUR DEPENDENT/SPOUSE ID WILL BE VALID WHEN YOU GO... CHECK THE EXPIRATION DATE NOW! Why all caps? Because mine expired 12/23/17 and I didn't realize it at my mid-Jan 2018 trip. That Salute ticket would have been like $185. But DL does not have any pixie dust for a military ID that's 3 weeks expired. Full ticket price, or no entry. ... I had a very budgeted trip after that, since my regular ticket cost nearly $400! SO CHECK YOUR ID! Adding to the confusion--hub's ID doesn't expire, so I had no idea that mine would.

At Wdw there are different military tickets. Some require the military member. Some don’t.

The link above doesn’t call this offer military or armed forces “salute”, so I wonder if it’s talking about something different.

I googled and found an ok site that said:

“Military discounted Disneyland tickets fall into 2 types

• Regular Military Discounted Theme Park Tickets
  • Disney Armed Forces Salute Tickets
Disney's Armed Forces Salute 3 & 4 Day Disneyland Tickets are a special highly discounted offer. These are available for purchase from Base Ticket Offices and at Disneyland ticket windows.

Regular Military Discounted Theme Park Tickets are only available at Base Ticket Offices.”

Their link to the Salute ticket info says...actually I’ll just link it. http://www.militarydisneytips.com/Disney-Armed-Forces-Salute.html

Short story is that the 2018 tickets have ended and 2019 tickets aren’t available until 2019.

Just an FYI, I believe the only military tickets that can be bought at the booth are the military salute 3/4 day tickets, not the regular military discounted tickets

Just an FYI, I believe the only military tickets that can be bought at the booth are the military salute 3/4 day tickets, not the regular military discounted tickets
This is correct. There are 2 types of DL tickets labeled with a military discount - the Salute to Military tickets and then just regular discounted military tickets. The Salute to Military tickets can be bought both on base and at DL. The regular discounted military tickets can only be bought on base. These tickets are not discounted as much as the Salute tickets but still have a better discount than many deals found elsewhere. These can be nice when you need more than 6 tickets which is the limit for the Salute tickets but have to be bought ahead of time. I've taken trips with many family members and we max out our salute tickets and then buy the rest on base. Spouses can buy either kind as long as you have an unexpired ID card, as previously discussed. Have fun!

I have never had a problem buying the military salute at the park window.

We were not able to buy the Regular Military discount tickets at the ticket booth this week, I would purchase on base just be sure. We have purchased the Military Salute tickets at the ticket booth previously, but knew they weren't available this trip, as it was between the 2018 and 2019 availability.

Yes, you can. I do it every year. My husband has never bought them, it's always me who does it. You can get them at the booths as of yesterday. The only time they are unavailable for purchase is Dec 20-Dec 31 every year (during the blackout at the end of the year). Disney themselves tweeted on Jan 1that the offer was now available for purchase at the park booths.

Checking to see if anyone here knows the answer.... we are planning a trip to Disneyland with my daughter and her husband who is active duty air force.
They can't get there for 2 days after us but her hubby was going to give my husband and myself our tickets so we could go in the parks ahead of them.
Can my husband and I use them without my son in law being there?

Checking to see if anyone here knows the answer.... we are planning a trip to Disneyland with my daughter and her husband who is active duty air force.
They can't get there for 2 days after us but her hubby was going to give my husband and myself our tickets so we could go in the parks ahead of them.
Can my husband and I use them without my son in law being there?
It depends. If they are buying the slightly reduced price ones, then you don't need a service member to use. If they are buying you the Salute tickets (the deeply discounted ones) then you need the service member or spouse with their valid ID for the first use.

My husband and I are flying in on Saturday. He is retired AF. Can we buy our Military Salute tickets at the gate that night so we are ready to go on Sunday? Can anyone give me an idea of how long that would take?

My husband and I are flying in on Saturday. He is retired AF. Can we buy our Military Salute tickets at the gate that night so we are ready to go on Sunday? Can anyone give me an idea of how long that would take?

Yep. You can also buy them at their front desks of all three Disney resorts, if you will be staying at one.

Lines will be long at the ticket booth until mid afternoon, then should shorten considerably. It takes all of 3 minutes to purchase the tickets.

Last edited:
Opening this older thread because it is a Military Salutes ticket question for Disneyland.

My family of 3 (husband retired military, myself with spouse military ID, and my daughter who is 11) going to DLR trip this July.

Husband is meeting us as he is on a work trip, but he arrives too late on the first day to do parks.

I was going to use my Spouse Military ID (which is current, not expired) to buy 4 day passes for myself and DD. I wanted at the same time to buy the 3 day pass for my husband so he won't have to waste time on the second day to get his ticket.

So, my question is: Can I buy 2 Four Day Park Hoppers for me and dd, and 1 Three Day Park Hopper for my husband?

... oh one more quick question. You can add Max Pass to military salutes tickets, correct?

Opening this older thread because it is a Military Salutes ticket question for Disneyland.

My family of 3 (husband retired military, myself with spouse military ID, and my daughter who is 11) going to DLR trip this July.

Husband is meeting us as he is on a work trip, but he arrives too late on the first day to do parks.

I was going to use my Spouse Military ID (which is current, not expired) to buy 4 day passes for myself and DD. I wanted at the same time to buy the 3 day pass for my husband so he won't have to waste time on the second day to get his ticket.

So, my question is: Can I buy 2 Four Day Park Hoppers for me and dd, and 1 Three Day Park Hopper for my husband?

... oh one more quick question. You can add Max Pass to military salutes tickets, correct?

I don't think Disney cares if you buy 3 or 4 day tickets, or any combination thereof, as long as your total number of tickets purchased is 6 or less. And you can absolutely add MaxPass...I do that every time I go with my Mil Salute tickets, no issues. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!