Buying military ticket at the gate

Opening this older thread because it is a Military Salutes ticket question for Disneyland.

My family of 3 (husband retired military, myself with spouse military ID, and my daughter who is 11) going to DLR trip this July.

Husband is meeting us as he is on a work trip, but he arrives too late on the first day to do parks.

I was going to use my Spouse Military ID (which is current, not expired) to buy 4 day passes for myself and DD. I wanted at the same time to buy the 3 day pass for my husband so he won't have to waste time on the second day to get his ticket.

So, my question is: Can I buy 2 Four Day Park Hoppers for me and dd, and 1 Three Day Park Hopper for my husband?

... oh one more quick question. You can add Max Pass to military salutes tickets, correct?

Yes and yes. Have a great time!

I don't think Disney cares if you buy 3 or 4 day tickets, or any combination thereof, as long as your total number of tickets purchased is 6 or less. And you can absolutely add MaxPass...I do that every time I go with my Mil Salute tickets, no issues. Have fun!

Thank you! I really didn't think it would be a big deal to get a mix of 4 and 3 day passes, but I know if I assumed it wouldn't be then it would. lol ... That's always my luck.

I knew I read about MaxPass and military tickets, but always nice to double check. :) They were just launching Max Pass after my last visit so it will be nice to not have to criss cross the park getting FP's.

I just bought my tickets on base for my trip this August and they sell them with max pass added in now! I bought a 4 day w/max pass for myself (military spouse) and then two 3 day tickets without max pass for my parents. Not sure if they sell them with max pass added in at the gate, but it’s worth asking! My 4 day park hopper w/max pass was $253 - the 4 day without max pass was $195 at my base, so I paid an additional $58 for 4 days of max pass (a whole $2 savings over buying it each day separately on the trip! Lol!)

I just bought my tickets on base for my trip this August and they sell them with max pass added in now! I bought a 4 day w/max pass for myself (military spouse) and then two 3 day tickets without max pass for my parents. Not sure if they sell them with max pass added in at the gate, but it’s worth asking! My 4 day park hopper w/max pass was $253 - the 4 day without max pass was $195 at my base, so I paid an additional $58 for 4 days of max pass (a whole $2 savings over buying it each day separately on the trip! Lol!)

I wish I could buy at a local base, but we don't have one. Closest one is over an hour away, and his old base (he's retired) didn't have a travel office. Always bought our tickets at DL booth, or WDW until they introduced FP+ and now we go through SOG. This was a last minute trip so I didn't bother going through SOG for DL tickets this time. We will get them at the gate.

But nice to know you were able to mix and match easy peasy. :)

I wish I could buy at a local base, but we don't have one. Closest one is over an hour away, and his old base (he's retired) didn't have a travel office. Always bought our tickets at DL booth, or WDW until they introduced FP+ and now we go through SOG. This was a last minute trip so I didn't bother going through SOG for DL tickets this time. We will get them at the gate.

But nice to know you were able to mix and match easy peasy. :)

Oh yeah that definitely makes sense to get them at the gate! I mostly just wanted to share about being able to buy them with max pass included since it seems to be a new thing - I was planning on adding it to my ticket each morning, so it was a nice surprise to find out I could buy it already built in :)

Opening this old thread again with a new question! :)

We used 3 military salutes tickets in July at DL.

Do we still have 3 more? And can the same 3 buy the remaining allotment for DL again in November?

I want to say yes, but not 100% certain so never hurts to ask. Thanks!

Opening this old thread again with a new question! :)

We used 3 military salutes tickets in July at DL.

Do we still have 3 more? And can the same 3 buy the remaining allotment for DL again in November?

I want to say yes, but not 100% certain so never hurts to ask. Thanks!
Yes, and yes. We've done this a few times :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter