Buying Park Tickets at Resorts????

Ethelina

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know if I can purchase the Ultimate Park tickets at the resort's front desk? We have plans off-site for our first nite (No parks needed). Can you purchase this ticket for the rest of your stay? We want to be able to hop the parks and go to Disney Quest.
Example: 3 nites lodging but only 2 days of park tickets needed?
I might be making this more confusing. If anyone has a better plan I'm up for ideas!!

Thanks!! Ethelina

P.S: Sorry, if this post is in the wrong place!

As I understand it, you can do this only if you check in after 5PM. We did it last year. Knowing Disney, though, anything can change in a year. :) You could also add another night at the end if you're checking out and leaving very early. I don't remember if they wanted proof of an early flight or something, though.

And yes, you can buy your park tickets right at the front desk of your resort when you check in.

Edit: I just reread your post and noticed you want 3 nights and 2 days. Normally for 2 day passes you'd only have one night. For three nights they'd expect you to buy 4-day passes. So you would have to check in after 5 the first night (to eliminate the first day) and check out early the last morning (to eliminate the last day.) Definitely call CRO to double check that they'll let you do this.

I REALLY wish there was such a thing as a 1 or 2-day hopper without making it tied to the length of stay! We can only do one day this year, and we're having to choose one park.

Great info!! Thank you!! I checked mousesavers and if I understand it correctly, they can "lop" off your first or last day. So we will only have 2 full days for the parks. It sounds so short when I read others stay 10-14 days. I can't fathom what that experience would be like. I'm just excited to squeeze in 2 days while we are in Florida!! Have A Great Time When You Go!!

Ethelina, we go fairly often (every year or so) but for very short trips. We did 3 day length-of-stay passes last year, and one year we did 2 day passes. This year we're only getting one park day, and one day of touring resorts/swimming/shopping at Downtown Disney. Yes, 2 days is WAY too short to see everything, but if that's all the time and/or money you have, you take what you can get!

When we did 4 parks in 2 days I had each child pick their 3 most important rides or attractions, and their one most important character. I guaranteed that they'd be able to ride their favorite ride at least twice, and their 3 most favorite at least once, unless the ride was broken down or something. I also promised that we'd do whatever we could (within reason) to find their one most important character. We were able to do all of their highest priority things, plus lots more. It was a very exhausting two days, but everyone left happy.

If you haven't been before, I'd recommend getting Birnbaum's official guide, since it has pictures and fairly concise descriptions of the rides and attractions. Go through it and decide what your priorities will be, what you'll definitely skip, and what you'll do if you have time. If I was doing 2 days this trip, we'd go to MK for a morning and afternoon, and EPCOT that evening to ride Spaceship Earth and Test Track, and see Tapestry of Dreams and Illuminations. The next day I'd go to AK just to do the Safari and Kali River Rapids, and maybe see the Tarzan and/or Lion King show. Then I'd spend the rest of the day at MGM, until Fantasmic that night.

Yes, I did buy the Birnbaum's Disney Guide and the "Unofficial Guide(though, it's a little hard on Disney) I'm a little scared about being there over Columbus Holiday and I read something where it's convention month?? I hope we can fight the crowds. I was planning on MK but not on Saturday. I will use your advice about the most important ride with the my family. I am saying I'm first timer but I have been once before and was so sick (2 hrs after park opened) I was taken to the nearest Hospital!! The very next day we were able to cruise w/Mickey on the "Magic". I hope the parks are as impressive as their Cruise Lines. We must do that again. It's worth every penny!! Sorry to have bent your ear! :rolleyes:

Thanks Again for the sound advice!!
Ethelina

We are staying for 3 nights at PO-R in November, and will be doing 2 days in the parks (both days at MK). Can I buy two one-day tickets at the resort? Or do I have to buy a length-of-stay pass, and is that more expensive? Someone also mentioned a bounce-back ticket in another thread - is that a better deal?

If the only park you're going to is MK, you're much better off with the two-day bounce back ticket. I don't know whether you can buy them at the front desk or not.

How much does a BB ticket cost and where do you get them?

Another Subject: We're going to AK one day and might go to MK one day. Other than buying one day passes for each are there different passes we could get?

2 Day/2 Park tickets (formerly called "Bounce Back") are available at your resort front desk, resort Guest Services, major theme park ticket booths and major theme park Guest Relations. Cost is $96.46. You can use these at ANY of the 4 major parks you wish (they are not park-specific) but you cannot park hop on any single day.

More info on these is on Deb's website.

When buying the 2 day/2 parks or BB it does not include Disney Quest admission in the evening, but the Ultimate Park Hopper would?

I have no idea if the UMP covers DQ, but I know for sure that the two day/two park pass does NOT. Actually, I'm pretty sure UMP does. That might make it worth buying the UMP for you. Then you could see both Illuminations and Fantasmic, too.

The UPM does include DQ and the water parks. We were just there last month and when we checked the very helpful CM carefully explained all the different options on passes. this was the first time I booked everything seperate usually i would just get the package from AAA, but I do have to say I probably saved about $100 doing it this way. We got the UPM and dropped off the last day and also requested a late checkout 1:00, so the last day we just hung out at the pool till it was time to leave.

We are staying 3 nites. So, you just requested that you didn't need the last day and they dropped it off? No parks needed for that day and that was not a problem? I would like the UPM for two days. I think I will rearrange our schedule to do our off-site plans the last day instead of the first day. I didn't know you could request late checkout? Did you request that when booking or on arrival? (Can you tell I'm a Rookie?) Sorry, to sound so stupid! LOL

Ethelina,
Yes they explained that we could drop off one day of the UPM either the first or last day. We dropped off the last day as our plane left at 4 so we knew we would have to leave by at least 1:30 so as I said we requested late checkout which was for 1:00 and just hung out at the pool for the day. We were there 5 days so just got a 4 day UPM. Hope this helps pm me if you have any more questions and I will try to help you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter