Buzz Lightyear character?

Mainebound

DIS Veteran
Hi all,

I know there is a Buzz Lightyear ride in Tomorrowland at MK (right?) but is there an actual Buzz character walking around? My 3y/o DS wants to know!

Thanks for any info!

Yes! At Disney Studios. We have pictures of our kids with Buzz and Woody standing in front of an "Al's Toy Barn" background.

Buzz hangs out at the little section by the corner of the Timekeeper building, where the pathway to the Plaza restaurant begins. If you are facing the Hub, the pathway is to your left, and a pathway to the hub is directly in front of you. Have fun!
-MrsAPalm

Buzz and Woody are regular characters at MGM studios.
They stand outside Al's toy barn for photo's.
They can't sign autograph books with a pen, but they both have a stamp which they can stamp into the books.

Carene

this is great! I cannot wait to see the look on my son's face when he sees his hero -- who is also his Halloween costume, his favorite movie, fave tv show, pj's, towel, books, bath toys, and figurines........!!!!! Thank you for the detailed info!

Mainebound,

There is also a battery powered Buzz light-spinner available in the Emporium or at the parades for about $10 (I think this is the right price).

You will definately get to see both Buzz and Woody at MGM at AL's Toy Barn. For the whole Toy Story experience, you may want to eat at Pizza Planet. Food is not great, but atmosphere for kids is cool.

OMG! This is awesome. We will definitely get the light thingy and eat at Pizza Planet, regardless of quality. And DS knows all the words to the Green Army Men song (So does Mom. Ok everyone: "We are little plastic men, doing just the best we can. Sound off 1 2, sound off 3 4. sound off 1 2 3 4 !! ..." LOL)

One more question -- do you think a 3 year old can handle the Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin at MK?

My 3 yr. old DS loved Buzz Lightyear's Spin. He wasn't very accurate with his laser, but he had a ball!

Absolutely! He will love Space Ranger Spin. It's even kind of fun waiting in line for that ride.

If your DS is this nuts about Buzz, I would definitely suggest that you check out the giant "Andy's Room" at All Star Movies. It is very cool! Even if you don't stay there, I would consider it a "must see" for a Buzz Light Year fan. You'll get some great pictures.

he will love space ranger spin even if he doesn't get the point of it (trying to score most points by hitting the targets)

as already said, the line and build-up to this ride are fun in their own right!!

I have met the green army men!

Carene

P.S I did not know about the giant 'andy's room' until somebody said, so i have learnt something i didnt know!!!

My three year old DS loved the Buzz ride, he and his grandmother rode it 5 times in a row while the braver people in our party did Alien Encounter. (no line-up for Buzz, lots for Alien Encounter)

Originally posted by bkcwilliams
You will definately get to see both Buzz and Woody at MGM at AL's Toy Barn. For the whole Toy Story experience, you may want to eat at Pizza Planet. Food is not great, but atmosphere for kids is cool.
Agreed. $41 for a family of five. Ouch. Pizza, pop, and salads.

The arcade is cool, though. We'll go again to enjoy the atmosphere, but won't be buying more than drinks.

Our DS3 is also a Buzz freak. There is a large Buzz figure inside the Buzz ride in the waiting area. DS was convinced that was Buzz! It was so cute! He very much enjoyed manning his own laser and didn't seem that concerned if he hit anything. He did need help pushing the button, though. Even more fun than shooting was the lever than spun our car around. Can you say DIZZY?

The line to see Buzz and Woody in MGM was really long the last time we were there. We waved to Buzz over the fence (of course they didn't wave back), took pictures from a distance, and DS was happy. It wouldn't work for all kids, but riding the Buzz ride was much more fun than waiting in a line for a picture.

The Buzz spin-toy is a must. Only $10ish and the only toy that he consistently plays with at home.

Have fun!!!

we were at MK on New years two years ago, and there was no line for buzz, so it meant you were able to go on buzz, get out, run around to the line again, and go straight on again.

it was so cool

Carene

Mainebound..........

I so hope you're not going to MK feb 9-14, as i've just read (a thread on these boards mentioning) that Buzz's Space ranger Spin will be closed for rehab during that time.

Carene

Keep your eyes open for Jessie and Bullseye (Woody's horse) as well. They can often be found in Al's Toy Barn at MGM, but we also saw them at the Magic Kingdom a few days ago. They were posing for photos on the wooden deck / walkway near the Mike Fink boat launch in Frontierland. I don't think they could even be seen from the main road through Frontierland, it just so happened that a CM pointed them out to us as we returned on the raft from Tom Sawyer Island.

Carene,

Thank goodness we will be there AFTER Buzz gets rehabbed, March 11-16. It doesn't look like any of our "must sees" will be down for rehab during our visit, which is great.

We love Bullseye and Jesse too. Thanks for the info!

Off topic Editorial: Of course, it is too much to hope to see Mira Nova, Buzz's brave co-pilot in the Buzz Lightyear film. We continue to be amazed that Disney doesn't make a Mira toy. She's my son's favorite, besides Buzz. And what a great role model for girls. But Jesse is good that way too!

Mainebound

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter