• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

BW Views - Description

nytiggr

Earning My Ears
Hi,

Going "home" to BW for the 1st time in early Dec.

Could some of you BW veterans offer the benefit
of your experience and describe the different views:
pro's and con's.

BW view is clear but I was wondering about
some of the subtle differences, like the difference
between floors, the different sides, etc.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
- NYTIGGR

:smooth: :smooth: :smooth:

<b>Preferred views</b> include views of the boardwalk (actual boardwalk as well as rear courtyard), pools (quiet and Luna Park) and canal (between Swan/Dolphin and BWV).

With a boardwalk or courtyard view you'll probably be able to see the higher portion of the Illuminations fireworks. Obviously the higher the floor the more you'll see. The rooms looking directly down on the boardwalk are generally quite a hike from the elevators but they're also the most requested of the views.

Keep in mind the pool views could be diminished somewhat by trees if you're on an upper floor, or shrubs if you're on the ground level. We had a view overlooking the quiet pool once and found it very nice. Noise was never a problem and it was relaxing to sit on the balcony and watch the Friendship Launches go by on their way to/from MGM.

<b>Standard views</b> include views of the front entrance, parking lot and tennis courts. Most of the std. view rooms face the front courtyard or entrance with the Boardwalk Inn on the opposite side. Epcot is beyond the Boardwalk Inn so these rooms are great for seeing the higher portions of Illuminations. Again, the higher the floor, the more you may be able to see.

We've had a view overlooking the front entrance once. Noise was only as issue once, and it was interesting to watch the hustle and bustle. We were more than satisfied with the view - especially knowing we saved points by going with the standard over preferred. We were also very close to the elevators. Another time we were on the ground floor, further away from the entrance, closer to the parking lot. It was somewhat of a hike from the elevators, but it was very convenient to use the far doors for access to the quiet pool, bus stop and walkway to MGM.

I have a few pictures of our Boardwalk rooms/views on our website (link is in signature). There are quite a bit of graphics tho, so it'll take a minute to load. Have a great trip in December! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter