BWI or BLT

kingmatt

Earning My Ears
We are looking at a 2021 trip. Kids will be 5 and 8. Last few trips we have stayed at BLT on rented points and loved the walk to MK. We are thinking about staying a BWI to try something new but we are worried we will miss BLT too much. We will probably do 2 days at MK but will also have at least one day at HS and one at Epcot. Looking for opinions of people who have stayed at BLT/CR and started staying at an epcot area hotel. Thanks

Totally different vibes. At BWI you’ll be close to two parks, but that MK access can’t be beat at BLT. So it’s up to you which is more important. We love the BWI style much more then CR but lots of people would disagree. You’re so close to all the great food in Epcot and all the surrounding resorts, and it’s a beautiful resort, but the rooms can be a bit worn when compared to BLT.

Hands down BWI for us. We have stayed at both (actually all the MK resorts except WL and all the Epcot resorts) and just prefer the Epcot resorts. As previous poster said, it really depends on your style and preference. CR is my least favorite MK resort, it's just too, well contemporary. We only do half day at MK and spend most of our time at Epcot and HS so the epcot resorts make more sense to us.

We absolutely love the EP resort area and stay there almost every trip. It is so nice to simply walk out of your resort, walk to EP or DHS (or take the boat or Skyliner) and have tons of restaurants and other recreation activities at your disposal without ever having to wait for a bus or monorail. My DS12 also loves the entertainment on the Boardwalk at night. We love BWI (and BWV) and love BC/BCV as well.

We did a split stay at Beach Club for 3 days then moved to BLT one trip, and that was cool. Being close to the Epcot area for those 3 days was great, but we just love BLT. Our touring style is to hit 1 park in the morning, take a mid day break, and finish most nights at MK. The walk back to the BLT room at the end of the night is what keeps us going back to BLT. By the time most people get to the bus stop, we're almost back to the room.

Our trips tend to be very MK centric though. If you prefer spending most of your time at Epcot you can't beat the BC/BWI location of course.

Another BWI vote here!

We found the bus system to be very good getting to MK in the AM. Not sharing with the other resorts was great.

We used the Minnie Van a few times to get to MK in the evening and to go home. It was fantastic!

BWI is in such a great location, so easy to walk to EPCOT and DS.

What size room? The studios at BLT are small but the 1BR is huge-I prefer BLT especially the layout of the 1BR over BWV. I also like to rent a car and find parking at BLT to be much easier. I can walk to MK and drive to other parks.

Before I bought DVC I loved the rooms at BWI so I bought into BWV but now I try to stay at BLT whenever I can. Next trip I couldn't get entire trip at BLT so I'm trying CCV for first time instead. Will be fun to try something new.

At BWI you can walk to HS and EPCOT. It's nice. We do split stays between BWI and BLT every trip.

Both areas are great, but different. WE find the MK area resorts more suited to families with young children and the Epcot area resorts work well for families with somewhat older children. When the best time to make the switch depends upon the specific family and touring plan preferences. With the age of your children and your plans, you seem to be equally suited to either area.

personally, I would probably choose a split stay and do both.

Enjoy whichever you choose!

I've never stayed at BLT, but my parents have owned DVC at BW for 20 years, and it is an awesome resort. The reason I've never stayed at BLT or any of the monorail resorts is because I would miss the Crescent Lake area too much! The access to Epcot and DHS is awesome, but you do lose the proximity to MK. We've always managed, but I could see that being something to adjust to. I would recommend giving Boardwalk a try, it is a different experience, but an absolutely beautiful area to stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!