BWI vs Pop Century

Tabbianna

Earning My Ears
I'm trying to decide between DVC Boardwalk Inn studio or Pop Century through WDW Resorts. The only resort my family has stayed at so far it the Poly, but we can't afford it this time and will be staying with extended family. I've been going back and forth on it a lot because the price point is very similar. Even though we are staying with extended family, each family will be booking separate rooms. My younger son has Autism and I was looking at BWI because it is close to HS and EP and seems to be more quiet. The other boys ages 6,8,9 will like that there is a water slide, but I'm worried that the clown may creep them out. I am also worried that my m-I-l may not be able to get around BWI as easily as Pop. And I think that not being able to fill up our mugs at the resort may be a downfall for a couple of the adults who drink soda. Any thoughts?

I'm trying to decide between DVC Boardwalk Inn studio or Pop Century through WDW Resorts. The only resort my family has stayed at so far it the Poly, but we can't afford it this time and will be staying with extended family. I've been going back and forth on it a lot because the price point is very similar. Even though we are staying with extended family, each family will be booking separate rooms. My younger son has Autism and I was looking at BWI because it is close to HS and EP and seems to be more quiet. The other boys ages 6,8,9 will like that there is a water slide, but I'm worried that the clown may creep them out. I am also worried that my m-I-l may not be able to get around BWI as easily as Pop. And I think that not being able to fill up our mugs at the resort may be a downfall for a couple of the adults who drink soda. Any thoughts?
Boardwalk is a much nicer place to stay than Pop. I would rather take my family there. The clown is a clown. It isn't Pennywise.

Boardwalk is a much nicer place to stay than Pop. I would rather take my family there. The clown is a clown. It isn't Pennywise.
Thanks! I'm still wondering about how spaced out the resorts are though. Do you know if there are a lot of steps you have to go through at BWI to get to the boardwalk or bus stop?

First this forum is for NON-Disney hotels so you likely will get more help on the Disney Resorts board.

Are you saying your family has 4 children .... so then you will need two rooms, which you are not guaranteed to be connected/together. Or will there be 4 kids total between two families so it won't be a space issue.

Not sure what you mean about not filling up your mug at resorts?

Agree with @Shanti that BW will be much nicer than POP and if you plan to spend time at Epcot & DHS, a real plus.

I'm not bothered by clowns BUT, the entire pool area in person is less about the clown and more about the carnival/circus like theme with the roller coaster slide, the carousel/tent theme, the elephants, all the stripes ......
...... just tell them the clown hair is really spaghetti O designed. :D

don't worry about the pool - you can't see it from BWI - now from villas you can. BWV. think the most in the room at BWI is 5 adults. they do have those cottages but it is way more expensive. the pool closest to you is the quiet pool at BWI.

don't worry about the pool - you can't see it from BWI - now from villas you can. BWV. think the most in the room at BWI is 5 adults. they do have those cottages but it is way more expensive. the pool closest to you is the quiet pool at BWI.
We will have 3 separate rooms for 9 people so I think we'll be ok on space. The kids will probably want to go to the pool, so I was just wondering if anyone else's kids had a problem with the creepy clown. Also, I wasn't sure how spread out the resort is. Like will it take a while to get to the boardwalk or to the bus stop from the rooms? Will it take a long time to get the kids to the pool? We would have to go out onto the boardwalk to refill our mugs because from what I've researched, there isn't a quick service location inside the hotel area, so I don't know if it's a long walk to get our mugs filled up.

BWI is a deluxe resort while Pop Century is a value resort, hence BWI is the better resort with more luxurious amenities, nicer/higher quality dining options, within walking distance to Epcot/DHS, and overall better access to WDW transportation options, etc..

As far as being ADA accessible, as previously stated all WDW parks and resorts are ADA accessible, if you run into any challenges you can always ask for a manager. If you have more specific needs or questions you can also contact WDW Disability Services prior to your arrival:

(407) 560-2547
disability.services@disneyparks.com

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
I've stayed at both. I found Boardwalk MUCH easier to navigate. We kept getting lost at POP (one terrible night... not a fan). You can fill your mugs in multiple locations at Boardwalk. If they are a similar price, I can't think of a single reason to choose POP. Why do you think your kids would be afraid of the slide? Unless, one of your children are coulrophobic (clown phobia), all should be well. That slide is FUN! No slide of any kind at Pop.

POP is spaced out. BWI is spaced out. Both have mug fill station(s). Both have pools. BWI is Deluxe so it's way nicer IMO. Even just for location. I'm not sure where you're looking that has BWI the same price as POP but that's gotta be a mistake so snatch it up before someone realizes it!

POP is spaced out. BWI is spaced out. Both have mug fill station(s). Both have pools. BWI is Deluxe so it's way nicer IMO. Even just for location. I'm not sure where you're looking that has BWI the same price as POP but that's gotta be a mistake so snatch it up before someone realizes it!

I agree with snatching it up. But, if she’s renting someone’s points at cost, (family member with lots of points for example) I could see where the price would be pretty even with Pop. Gotta say I LOVE walking to Epcot & The Studios!

Gotta say I

I prefer the Pop Century hands down. Pop is going to be a less expensive...use that extra $$$ to buy something fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter