? BWV 7 mo and 2 bedroom

BuzzandWoody

Driving with my Doom Buggy
We are thinking of changing our stay from VWL to BWV.

I don't even know if we can get BWV at the 7 mo.

Success with the 7 mo?

We only need a 1 bed, but was thinking.......
Would a 2 bed be easier to get? Could we then rent the studio?
Thus paying for meals etc. Would I have to request it in a certain way to do this. Do all 2 bed have the door seperating the 1 bed & studio?

Our home is VWL and I love it there. We are going this year week after Thanksgiving and am looking forward to going home for the 1st time. Just thought BWV might be fun also.

I can't even try to book this yet but trying to get my ducks in a row ahead of time.

Ofcourse I'll settle for a 1 bed if they have that. Keeping my fingers crossed.
Why is VWL so much higher for point usage. We can do a 2 bed at BWV for 22 points more than the 1 bed at VWL
Or get a 1 bed and save points. If BWV is so popular why is the points lower or I guess the question is why is VWL higher?

Des
:confused:

Des, I don't think any of the DVC resorts are necessarily "better" than another, they each just have different aspects about them that people prefer. For example, we own at BWV and bought there because we love the ease of walking into both Epcot and MGM or taking the boat. However, I love VWL and OKW too! I would like to eventually purchase points at OKW to have the 11 month advantage for a GV. The rooms are larger at OKW than the other resorts and it has a relaxing feel. I enjoyed VWL to be able to take the boat to MK and it is beautiful there, too, especially during the winter with the fireplaces. I think the reason the points are different between the two resorts has to do with keeping the cost per point down. OKW takes fewer points than BWV for stays and BWV standard view takes fewer points than VWL. I will bet that BCV are going to take more points per night than BWV and VWL as well. I think DVC set it up this way so that we could pay a lower price per point yet to come out for them, it takes more points per stay. So don't think it has to do with being a "better" resort. It depends on when you are going as to what kind of success you will have getting what you want at the 7 month window. You could consider trying to swap your points at VWL with an owner of BWV who might want the opportunity to stay at VWL. If not, I recommend making your reservations at the 11 month window at VWL, then trying to make the switch at the 7 month window to BWV. Good Luck and happy vacationing!

VWL points required are the same as BWV "preferred" view, which is about 80% of all rooms at BWV. BWV can be difficult to get at 7 months although it is possible. However, BWV "standard" view with the lower points can be very difficult to get at 7 months as those typically go fast to BWV owners at 11 months out. 2BR units tend to run out last after 1BR's which tend to run out after studios.

You cannot reserve a 2 BR and then simply rent out the studio. To rent you would need to reserve a 1BR and studio separately (higher points that way). If you got a 2BR, renting the studio would require you to put the renting guest on the same reservation as your 2BR and both families would check in for the 2BR and you would need to deal with issues such as having separate codes on the keys for the doors (and I am not sure they will do that when you have reserved a 2BR) and how to deal with charges to the room (they take one credit card for that; thus you would need to excude the renting guests from charge privileges; also there qould be one bill at the end for room charges, such as phone or room service and that would need to be settled between you and the renting guest).

DVD never explained why VWL is the same as and higher than BWV and many believe BWV has the better location. One explanation offered by others is simply that it is a newer resort that thus faced construction costs at a higher per unit rate.

I would do as the previous poster suggested. Make ressies at VWL at 11 months and then try and switch at 7. If 7 months doesn't work, get on the waitlist and call back occasionally. We are owners at BWV but have had several occasions where we got the urge for a getaway at only 2 or 3 months out . I've also had ressies and then had to switch for one reason or another. Soemtimes those switches were at only 2 months out. With a little flexibility as to room or view we've been accomodated every time.

That being said, I believe the days after Thanksgiving can get very busy, so I'd hedge my bets by having that other ressie. Good Luck!

Our trip the week after Thanksgiving is already planned. VWL.
Wouldn't want to stay anywhere else at this time of year. :)

I am looking at our trip in June. Already have ressies at VWL but I'm thinking of staying somewhere else. Heard so many good things from ya'll here!

We do have friends we have been thinking of taking and this might be a good opportunity if the 1 bed is not available but a 2 bed is.

Thanks
Des

We have booked BWV several time at the 7 mnoth window. It has even been in the summer. I don't think you will have any trouble.

Summer is easier, higher points.

DVC busy season DOES NOT equal WDW busy season.

The slower seasons are harder to get at the seven month window. I would definitely make home resort reservations as a back up.

I have booked BWV at the 7 monthwindow without a problem however, a preferred view. The standard views are few and hard to get at the 7 month window. The points for BWV and VWL are the same...unless you are lucky enough to snag a standard view. The standard views are nice for point usage but can be ...WAY OUT...at the BWV.....actually so can some of the preferred views.

I have booked BWV twice for trips both this past summer and the summer of 2000. Both trips were for standard views. This summer was a two bedroom. Last summer was a one bedroom. This summer was in AUgust and last summer was for the week including the 4th of July. Both of these trips were booked at the 7month window and I had no problem at all. Maybe it's just luck but I would surely give it a try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter