BWV Garden/Pool Studio - Request

MickeyWaffles

DIS Veteran
We will be staying at BWV in a Garden/Pool view studio.

Are any of the villas that look over the Village Green studios in the Garden/Pool category? Or is that considered Boardwalk view? I love that area of the Boardwalk.

I am trying to figure out what to request to make us feel most a part of the Boardwalk and I’m not familiar with the places where the Garden/Pool view studios are located. I also would prefer it to be near an elevator but it’s not a necessity.

We have only stayed on the Inn side before joining DVC so any guidance for studio villa requests would be much appreciated!

We will be staying at BWV in a Garden/Pool view studio.

Are any of the villas that look over the Village Green studios in the Garden/Pool category? Or is that considered Boardwalk view? I love that area of the Boardwalk.

I am trying to figure out what to request to make us feel most a part of the Boardwalk and I’m not familiar with the places where the Garden/Pool view studios are located. I also would prefer it to be near an elevator but it’s not a necessity.

We have only stayed on the Inn side before joining DVC so any guidance for studio villa requests would be much appreciated!

All of the Village Green villas are in the Garden/Pool category and they are mostly dedicated studios.

@drusba has provided this map of the rooms in that area:

BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg

So yes, you can definitely request that view and hope for one of those 28 studios. Please remember that if they are not able to assign you to one of those rooms, they will just assign you to whatever Garden/Pool category studio they wish. And also please remember that it is just a request, and people have reported varying degrees of request success at BWV.

My understanding is that these are the most requested rooms at BWV so it is all a roll of the dice. Good luck!

All of the Village Green villas are in the Garden/Pool category and they are mostly dedicated studios.

@drusba has provided this map of the rooms in that area:

BWV_CourtyardPreferred.jpg

So yes, you can definitely request that view and hope for one of those 28 studios. Please remember that if they are not able to assign you to one of those rooms, they will just assign you to whatever Garden/Pool category studio they wish. And also please remember that it is just a request, and people have reported varying degrees of request success at BWV.

My understanding is that these are the most requested rooms at BWV so it is all a roll of the dice. Good luck!

Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I didn’t know that section was studios!

Sometimes we request and sometimes we don’t - we’ve had varying degrees of success at other resorts too over the years. Always worth a shot.

We booked this trip pretty late (by DVC standards) so in the end we are just happy our waitlist came through so we don’t have to do a split stay anymore!

One time I had a Pool/Garden view and requested Village Green. Didn’t get it but got a fifth floor main pool view, 3 or 4 rooms from the elevator. Loved it!

We had 2065 once and it had a huge balcony. But it was right next to the porch where people wait to check into their hotel rooms and villas, so everyone was staring at us. Plus the doofus above us poured out his drink on the patio floor and it went down a drain hole that drained right on top of me.

We had 2065 once and it had a huge balcony. But it was right next to the porch where people wait to check into their hotel rooms and villas, so everyone was staring at us. Plus the doofus above us poured out his drink on the patio floor and it went down a drain hole that drained right on top of me.

We also had a Village Green studio with the ginormous balcony one time. It had several items that had either been tossed or had blown off other peoples balconies - real trash collector. Plus, everyone else above us could look down on us. It was actually kind of a weird balcony to have and had the same furniture as all others so it was very bare.

We also had a Village Green studio with the ginormous balcony one time. It had several items that had either been tossed or had blown off other peoples balconies - real trash collector. Plus, everyone else above us could look down on us. It was actually kind of a weird balcony to have and had the same furniture as all others so it was very bare.

Thanks to both of you for this info!

If you request Village Green area also request high floor. What you want to avoid is getting 2053, 2055, or 2057. Those essentially have no view because it is blocked by the arches over Wyland Gallery, see

Attachments

• Village Green.jpg
    Village Green.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 41
If you request Village Green area also request high floor. What you want to avoid is getting 2053, 2055, or 2057. Those essentially have no view because it is blocked by the arches over Wyland Gallery, see

Thanks so much! I hadn’t thought of that. Definitely will add that detail.

Granny, I thought the 1bedrooms on the end were just Preferred views not boardwalk view even though you can see the BW

Granny, I thought the 1bedrooms on the end were just Preferred views not boardwalk view even though you can see the BW

They are in the Boardwalk view category. We have been in one when booked in Boardwalk view. I assumed we had been wrongly assigned and went back to the desk who confirmed it was correct. Then I did a little investigating and any posts referencing our room related it was Boardwalk view.

They are in the Boardwalk view category. We have been in one when booked in Boardwalk view. I assumed we had been wrongly assigned and went back to the desk who confirmed it was correct. Then I did a little investigating and any posts referencing our room related it was Boardwalk view.

As to whether all four of those 1BRs are still deemed boardwalk view depends on the accuracy of something I was told in response to a letter I sent to management in January 2016. When the point charts were released for 2017 in December 2015, BWV had a change in that the boardwalk/preferred view 2BRs in premier season all went up about a point a night. My letter asked for an explanation because the charts showed no decreases of any kind anywhere else and thus the increase seemed to be raising the points applicable to the resort in one season without having any required equal decrease of points in another.

DVC called me to provide an explanation and I was told the following. DVC had changed three rooms having the boardwalk/preferred view point costs to standard view point cost because of repeated complaints about blocked views from those rooms, The extra preferred view points applicable to those rooms that resulted from the change were allocated to the boardwalk/preferred view 2BRs during premier season. Thus, there was actually no change in total points applicable to the resort. I asked which rooms were involved and was told two were in the Luna Park pool area on the first floor among the rooms behind the clown slide and bar. The third one was the second floor 1BR in the Village Green area because a tree blocked its view.

Last edited:
Thanks to everyone who gave their input on this! We ended up with a Village Green view studio. It was the perfect location for our quick 2 night visit. Nice and close to the elevator and we were able to feel like we were a part of the Boardwalk action.

Since we joined DVC 13 years ago, we haven’t stayed at BWV but we stayed at on the Inn side many times while I was growing up. This stay reminded me how much we love the Boardwalk and all the wonderful memories my family made there.

We are staying in a BWV standard studio in May. We are not concerned about view, more so being closer to an exit so we can get a jump start on our walk to DHS in the mornings. Any room request suggestions? TIA

We are staying in a BWV standard studio in May. We are not concerned about view, more so being closer to an exit so we can get a jump start on our walk to DHS in the mornings. Any room request suggestions? TIA
Request to be near the tennis courts. That would put you on the wing closest to DHS and a stairwell exiting practically onto the walkway there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!