BWV pool needs bracelets too!

goofymax

Earning My Ears
::MickeyMo Any BWV DVCers believe as I do? Our pool is too crowded in the summer and there is a need for bracelets for ID as guests. We were there in late July and it was very crowded every afternoon, but I had the sense many of the people were not Boardwalk guests. Late one afternoon it started raining really hard and people took to dry land. Well we went back to our room overlooking the parking lot and we saw roughly thrity or so people leaving in bathing attire and towels toward the parking lot. I have since spoken to two people at a doctors office and we got on the subject of Disney. They both said they loved the pool at Boardwalk and use it in the afternoons when they are in Epcot. They both said they always stay at one of the All Star resorts. I just said I didn't know that they were allowed to use the pool at Boardwalk and they said no one told them they couldn't. I believe only DVC members and Boardwalk Inn guests could use the pool. Am I wrong?

You are not wrong. Occasionally, the BW lifeguards will ask for resort IDs and ask those without them to leave. I wish they would check more often.

It wouldn't surprise me that there are pool crashers at the BWV - more so now that SAB is monitored so closely. But it is also possible that at least some of the people you saw leaving were DVC members taking advantage of the pool hopping proviledge.

Best wishes -

I do think that any time ANY of the resort pools become crowded ID checks should become mandatory - even if there are no bracelets - they could check id's every hour or so - or as people come into the pool areas.
I guess every resort would be pushing it - but really - Obvious ones, the Poly, BWV, Any pool that is obviously hitting max capacity often. Unless you have DVC on your room key - you're outta there!!!

It would be fine with me. We pay a LOT in dues and I would like to see only those entitled to be there using the facilities.

I would imagine that due to its proximity to Epcot & MGM that there probably are some "crashers".

Is it a huge problem??? I have no sense that it's a huge problem. I think Disney reserves the right to check IDs when any pool gets crowded.

lizziepooh said:
It would be fine with me. We pay a LOT in dues and I would like to see only those entitled to be there using the facilities.
I hate, hate, hate wearing one of those tacky braclets when using a resort pool. I already have my own braclets that I choose to wear & don't want a stupid band around my arm...cheap & tacky.

How difficult could it be to have a key card reader set up @ the pool gate for entrance...wouldn't require a staff member to stand guard, etc.

Of course, DVC would have to study the plan, run tests, hire a few extra consultants to evaluate the data & then maybe in a few years...probably just as well, would be an interesting line item on next year's budget/operating expense.:rolleyes1

:sunny: Good thing you didn't buy into BCV, for if you did, you would be required to wear the bracelet due to the "resort only" SAB pool. I'm a guy so the tacky doesn't bother me at all. It's the crowd that shouldn't be, that bothers me. I don't think DVC would do the bracelets unless they made it a non pool hopping pool. So I think you're good.

Key card reader would be a good idea but how would that work for pool hopping? They have that at the DLH pool and one gate didn't work right so people inside just opened the gate and let us in. We were staying there but they might have done it for anyone. At one time SAB had hand stamps instead of the bracelets- When you went through the gate the lifeguard checked your key card and stamped your hand which I liked better that the paper bracelets. I have seen them let people who did not have a bracelet use the lounge chairs at SAB but told them they couldn't use the pool. The three women in the chairs next to me at SAB were irate that they weren't allowed to swim- "just because we are staying at a different hotel we still paid to be at Disney" I gathered they were staying at one of the All Stars from what they said. My problem is usually finding a chair - not finding room in the pool. I seem to remember that another problem area is the pool at WL being crowded because of the people coming in from the tent and RV sites at FW. Seems like color coded bracelets for all pools would be good-that might keep out the locals and the DVC ones could be a color or design that would allow pool hopping.

If I ran the world:

Pools would issue bracelets (sorry keisha). I don't think the card reader thing works - people are too nice about holding the gate open for others!

Chairs would get tagged with plastic markers - a different color every hour. Guests would be instructed to return their marker to a box by the lifeguards if their chair is in use. At 1:00 a green marker would be set down. At 2:00 everything that still had its green marker would be sent to Lost and Found, towels returned to the towel return and a red marker laid on top of the chairs with stuff.

I've always had more trouble finding a lounge chair at BWV's pool than at SAB which I thought was just because it was so much smaller.

I wouldn't mind if they required you to get a paper bracelet at all of the resorts' main pools. I don't like to wear mine on my wrist either so I usually ask if I can put it on my swimsuit and no one has refused. In fact, one CM at SAB showed me how to fold it before sticking it together around my swimsuit strap.

Donna

That's a good question. I don't know. I do know some people walk in from Epcot and use the pool because two people who did this told me they did. I saw the people walking (a couple of dozen) when it started to pour and they were with young children and went directly to the parking lot.

disney junky said:
Just a dumb question. How do they get into BW to parK? It's gated and manned.
Although some "pool visitors" may drive to the BW, others walk over from Epcot for a mid-day swim break, then walk back to Epcot to finish their day at the park.

Ralph

As much as I would like to use the other DVC resort pools, I think DVC is going to have to stop all pool hopping. Right now they allow it at SSR and if you have read any of the posts on this site you will see that people think the main pool is too small for the whole resort anyway. Add the other people that want to pool hop and it makes it even more crowded. I own at SSR and I don't ever think about pool hopping to other pools. Just use the pool at your resort. Since they have installed the slide at OKW, they all have them now. I realize the SAB is supposed to be something special, but that is what the owners dues pay for, so let them use it. I personally don't enjoy swimming in a pool with that many people, so we haven't ever tried to stay there just for the pool.

Well, that is my opinion on the subject and I am sure alot of people won't agree, but to each his own.

:rolleyes1

Just a dumb question. How do they get into BW to parK? It's gated and manned.

Hi, we would like to walk around the boardwalk and go to the ESPN club.

OK, parking is on the right.

Thank you.

crisi said:
If I ran the world:

Pools would issue bracelets (sorry keisha). I don't think the card reader thing works - people are too nice about holding the gate open for others!

Chairs would get tagged with plastic markers - a different color every hour. Guests would be instructed to return their marker to a box by the lifeguards if their chair is in use. At 1:00 a green marker would be set down. At 2:00 everything that still had its green marker would be sent to Lost and Found, towels returned to the towel return and a red marker laid on top of the chairs with stuff.

Would you be allowed to breath, use sun tan lotion, how about a pass for the bathrooms If I ran the world I would close the pool for more parking :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

dvc guy said:
Would you be allowed to breath, use sun tan lotion, how about a pass for the bathrooms If I ran the world I would close the pool for more parking :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sure, just if you put your suntan lotion on your chair at 8:00am to hold it and then run off to the parks, when you return at 2:00, you'd need to get your suntan lotion from lost and found!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter