BWV stand booking brutal

LOL, I haven't been walking but grabbing the droppings by the day(disgusting as that may sound). Been smooth sailing until today but I'm trying for the impossible, two SV Studios same week.

LOL, I haven't been walking but grabbing the droppings by the day(disgusting as that may sound). Been smooth sailing until today but I'm trying for the impossible, two SV Studios same week.
Don’t give up I was able to snag two for the previous week-one for 6 nights and one for 4 (though I’d like to move the one up one night so I’ve been checking still....)

Ugh I’m already dreading trying to get a 2 bdrm for Dec 2021. I thought I had enough points for a P/B room for 7 nights but I did my math wrong and am 4 points short so I need a Standard View. On the upside if I can manage to snag a standard I can go for 8 nights, but if I don’t I’m down to 6. Since I’m meeting a friend from overseas I’d much rather the 8!

Ugh I’m already dreading trying to get a 2 bdrm for Dec 2021. I thought I had enough points for a P/B room for 7 nights but I did my math wrong and am 4 points short so I need a Standard View. On the upside if I can manage to snag a standard I can go for 8 nights, but if I don’t I’m down to 6. Since I’m meeting a friend from overseas I’d much rather the 8!
Couldn't you just buy four one time use points?

Couldn't you just buy four one time use points?

I don’t think that would work well for a December booking since OTU points have to be bought at 7 months plus you need to call MS. Doubtful there would be a standard studio available at 7 months at BWV which affects the 2BR availability since they’re all lockoffs.

any type of cure will be way worse and IMO

Here is the thing very simply if you cancel all the original days of your vacation that you have "modified" then it cancels the reservation. It limits walking to 7 days (that the limit on the initial booking).

If you need to modify it out of the 7 day window you originally started with at 11 months out that is YOUR fault. Also at the 10-11 month window any inventory cancelled does not open until 8am the next day and goes through waitlist prior.

Some did not like day by day booking, but it makes more sense to me than having people block what they don’t want. They are preventing other members from using the 11 month booking they should be able to make.

I am not sure I would want day by day booking at all.

Here is the thing very simply if you cancel all the original days of your vacation that you have "modified" then it cancels the reservation. It limits walking to 7 days (that the limit on the initial booking).

If you need to modify it out of the 7 day window you originally started with at 11 months out that is YOUR fault. Also at the 10-11 month window any inventory cancelled does not open until 8am the next day and goes through waitlist prior.

Your response just proves my point. Changes that could potentially limit walking will be worse for those that use the flexibility we now have to make changes to reservations without penalty.

Let’s be honest. The people frustrated and want to see it stopped are trying for the same rooms others have gotten and simply want to change the rules so they might not have to work so hard to get that same room.

Could DVC decide to to it? Sure. But as I said, it would be a change that is much worse. And someone like me who has lots of points, would probably be able to hold onto rooms for a long time for several weeks and Find a way around that 7 day window cancelation.

Yea, I got the 12th!

I considered trying for the 12th, but never caught it available. Right now we are booked to come in on Sunday the 13th. We are a week before our cruises. Then two 5 night cruises, followed by another week after the cruises. We are at Bwv both weeks.

Your response just proves my point. Changes that could potentially limit walking will be worse for those that use the flexibility we now have to make changes to reservations without penalty

Book any dates you want, cancel, book a new one, zero restrictions. If you are canceling all original 7 days that's is your fault. Everyone has the chance to book their vacation. Beyond that is an extreme exception to modify. I mean does your mind change that much from 11 months to 11 months and 10 days out from your plans?

Your whole point is everyone can walk. Well everyone can book the correct days and if not rebook or modify with keeping at least 1 original date.

The people frustrated and want to see it stopped are trying for the same rooms others have gotten

No they don't want to check for walkers to drop reservations at random times for days the never intended to have to start with. If people miss out they miss out.

I find it laughable you need flexibility to drop a full 7 days of a vacation you planned to modify it for X number of days later. Do you not realize this has to be the smallest of use case. On the flip side walkers will hold up multiple members from booking anything to see if they can grab availability thus creating an impact on multiple people.

I considered trying for the 12th, but never caught it available. Right now we are booked to come in on Sunday the 13th. We are a week before our cruises. Then two 5 night cruises, followed by another week after the cruises. We are at Bwv both weeks.
Wow, sweet! I'm super jealous, but the 12th I posted about to is Oct. 2020. I assume you are September?

Took me about 45 seconds to figure out how to game that system. :)

Book any dates you want, cancel, book a new one, zero restrictions. If you are canceling all original 7 days that's is your fault. Everyone has the chance to book their vacation. Beyond that is an extreme exception to modify. I mean does your mind change that much from 11 months to 11 months and 10 days out from your plans?

Your whole point is everyone can walk. Well everyone can book the correct days and if not rebook or modify with keeping at least 1 original date.

No they don't want to check for walkers to drop reservations at random times for days the never intended to have to start with. If people miss out they miss out.

I find it laughable you need flexibility to drop a full 7 days of a vacation you planned to modify it for X number of days later. Do you not realize this has to be the smallest of use case. On the flip side walkers will hold up multiple members from booking anything to see if they can grab availability thus creating an impact on multiple people.

What happens to people who want to stay more than 7 days? Currently, those people modify within 7 days to add days? At what point would they be allowed to modify or drop days?

As a large point holder, I could book weeks at a time, adding on the days and not dropping the front ones until the penalty passed.

The thing is that if you are stating any change of dates, So, let’s say I book at 11 months, can’t get SV room, but so I book Garden view. Then a few days later, I look and can get SV for some of the nights that are toward the end of my trip and book a new reservation for those nights. I now hold 2 rooms for same days.
After a few days, I realize that if I move my first trip forward a bit, I can modify the original and get SV again. Eventually, In am able to modify my original to get the dates after my original trip booked in gardens view in SV. Perfectly reasonable reason to need to change around the 11 month mark.

Point is that the changes you propose can not be put in place for certain times. They would have to be for any and all bookings and regardless of what your thoughts were, as someone who has made changes at both the 11 and 7 month window when I found something I wanted thst I couldn’t get, I’d rather deal with walking in exchange for the flexibility we have with DVC,

Going back to my original point. For the small number of room types that walking is an issue, changing the entire system for those few owners makes no logical sense to me. YMMV

Last edited:
What happens to people who want to stay more than 7 days? Currently, those people modify within 7 days to add days? At what point would they be allowed to modify or drop days?

You add days....

You just can't modify to remove all 7 original days.

As a large point holder, I could book weeks at a time, adding on the days and not dropping the front ones until the penalty passed.

You could add 10 months. As soon as you remove all 7 original days your whole reservation would be canceled and would not be back in the booking pool until 8 am the next day's if it was originally booked at 10-11 months. Basically the goal is to make sure it hits wait list.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!