BWV Standard View 1 bed with view of Epcot fireworks?

gayleBWV

Earning My Ears
Its almost time to call for our June 2002 ressies, and I am planning to try for std view at BWV. What should I ask for to get a view of the Epcot Fireworks. I've seen some suggestions like "by the tennis courts" and even"with a view of the Epcot fireworks" etc., but would love to hear anyone's experiences and particularly successes. Thanks. Gayle

For standard view ask for high floor (4th or 5th) and away from the elevators but not overlooking tennis courts. That would place you in the rooms that face Epcot and can see some of the fireworks above the BWI part of the resort.

We would have had a wonderful view of the fireworks--if there wasn't a huge tree in front of our room! So do NOT pick rm. 3121!!! I commented to DH that the room next door really had the view! We could barely see through the branches.
I think if you had a higher floor and the room on either side (say 4123 or 5123) you would have an awesome view, if those are 1BR.
Robin M.

Hi,
We had room 4121 and it had a great view of the fireworks.It was also great for the bus stop and the quiet pool.Have a great trip.
Mick.

:bounce:

You don't have to be high to see a great view of the fireworks (gee, taken out of context that could be really funny).

We had rooms 1109 and 1111 (on the first floor) and we had a great view of the fireworks. What's even better is that you are close enough to hear the music, too! The weird thing, though, is that you are far enough away that the fireworks are no longer synchronized with the music. If you know the show as well as we do, this can be pretty disturbing!

As far as how to request that area, I have no clue. I asked to request "near room 1111" and MS requested that we be IN 1111 on our reservation. I am thinking of faxing the room controller at the BW (have never done that before) explaining in more detail politely what that request means and seeing what it gets me.

Lisa

Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Lisa F - What was the view from room 1111? Was it the enterance, parking lot, etc? and is 1111 on the ground, or is it actually the 2nd floor. Thanks again. Gayle

I think we had #4119 It had an excellent view of the FW and the Space Shuttle launch

Joe in CT

Originally posted by gayleBWV
Thanks to everyone for their replies.

Lisa F - What was the view from room 1111? Was it the enterance, parking lot, etc? and is 1111 on the ground, or is it actually the 2nd floor. Thanks again. Gayle

The view from 1111 is kind of hard to describe. It's on the first floor (the same level as the boardwalk) whereas the main entrance and lobby are on the second floor. Because it's on the "ground" floor you don't have a balcony, but there's a concrete patio. We had ducks out there every morning. Beyond the patio is some landscaping, a great big lawn, and then the road that leads to the BW main entrance (though you can barely really see it from there, you just know it's there). The most dominant part of the view is really that little canal and the bridge that crosses over it as you drive up to the BW. Beyond all of that you could see the inn side of the BW (mostly the convention center) and you can see the fireworks over the top of the convention center. We loved to just sit out on the balcony and watch illuminations (I also managed to get VERY sick for about half the vacation so being able to watch illuminations from right there when i'd been in the room all day was a godsend!).

Just a note, I'm not normally a fan of living on the first floor (comes from growing up in NYC). I like to be above the "street" level, but that side of the BW is far enough away from the road that it feels very quiet, secluded and safe. I never really worried about someone wandering around outside my window because it is nice and well lit out there.

Lisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter