Cabana Bay, room request or upgrades

eleda72

Mouseketeer
Hi!
My TA is booking 4 nights at Cabana Bay for my daughter and I in July and I was wondering..
Is the $100 extra for the Volcano Bay standard worth it for just 4 nights?

(We are doing Disney first for 10 nights, so we are using a lot of money already :)

Or, should we just go with the regular rooms?
Are they close to the main lobby?

It was $60 more for a pool view...

We have never stayed here before.. I am so exited :)

If you have a Volcano view you will be in the tower which is a long walk to the lobby and food court. We have stayed at CBBR three times. Twice in the Continental and once in the tower overlooking Valcano Bay. Although the view of the water park is nice the rooms in the Continental and Americana are very nice and much closer to the lobby, food court, bowling alley and game room. My entire family agreed that when we go back there is no need to stay in one of the towers we were much happier in the main buildings. Both times we were on the ground floor just a few minutes from all the activity. Also, it will be a much shorter walk to the other pool (the one without the lazy river). In short we don't think it is worth the extra money.

I always try to book a standard room as view does not matter to me. Even some of those rooms can be quite far from the lobby though! If you want to be close to the lobby you should probably try to request that.

I do love CBBR and hope you enjoy it!

Okay. Thank you. I will stick to Standard pool view!

I'll just mention that there is no "pool view" at CBBR, those are "poolside view"

what is the difference you may ask ?

buildings have 2 sides, one facing the parking lots, turkey lake road or I4/Aventura/Sapphire, that's where the standard rooms are located
and the other side facing the interior courtyard where the pool is located at, all the rooms on the pool side are "poolside view" if that makes sense, meaning that you may be in a room that's poolside but with no real pool view

so poolside view at CBBR is different from a "pool view" which is basically a guaranteed view of the pool or water piece. A poolside view is merely designating the side of the building your room will be facing.

so, request higher floors, to avoid having the view blocked by the pool bar for example

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!