Cabana on CC

billjam

Earning My Ears
Realistically, what do you think my chances are of getting a cabana on CC? We are silver, and on the 5 night Magic cruise in April and feel like splurging. Any tips or advice?

Your chances are close to zero. Not trying to be a downer, just honest from experience. You'll have some people come on here and give examples of exceptions where they got one. They are called "exceptions" because they are an anomaly and not the norm. Even as platinum our only 2 times with a cabana were snagged through concierge. Even concierge is getting hard now too.

Stalk, stalk, stalk the website day and night, I have gotten them like that, even when we were silver.
If that doesn't work, as soon as you board, go to Port Aventures desk and put your name on the waitlist, I have gotten then that way too.
We are platinum and I don't always get lucky, sometimes Concierge grabs them all up before I get my chance.
Serenity Bay cabanas are much easier to score than Family beach, but I have gotten both in the past.
Being on the smaller ship also gives you a better chance.

Good Luck!

A lot depends on the ship you are on and if it is peak time. Smaller ship with less on board has less competition for them. We snagged one as silver on the Wonder, but it was total luck and perseverance. First day there were none to be had. I checked multiple times a day every day. This went on for weeks and was almost at the point of giving up, when one popped up. Snagged it, and had to go back and check multiple times, as I couldn't believe my luck. So, it is possible - but it's also not highly probable.

Realistically, what do you think my chances are of getting a cabana on CC? We are silver, and on the 5 night Magic cruise in April and feel like splurging. Any tips or advice?

still almost zero but you have a better shot on the Magic then if you were sailing on the Dream class ships

Zero chance unless you book in Concierge Class, and even then, you need to send your request in to the Concierge staff at exactly midnight on the day they start accepting activity requests.

(I'm a Platinum Castaway Club member with more than 10 sailings. When booking a DCL cruise where I intend to get a cabana, I book Concierge)

I'll tell ya this.

My Gold booking window opened at midnight last night. I was on at 12:01 and every single cabana was booked.

Very doubtful either of us will get one, but you can still try. I knew the odds were not in my favor, but I stayed up anyway. I'll keep checking back to see if someone releases one and I can snatch it up. Just keep your expectations low and hope for the best.

I'll tell ya this.

My Gold booking window opened at midnight last night. I was on at 12:01 and every single cabana was booked.

Very doubtful either of us will get one, but you can still try. I knew the odds were not in my favor, but I stayed up anyway. I'll keep checking back to see if someone releases one and I can snatch it up. Just keep your expectations low and hope for the best.

we’ve never booked a cabana, the main beach is just fine for us, but it is one thing that I look at when our booking opens just to check. We’ve been platinum for a number of years now. In the last four years, on any of our trips that include a stop at CC, there has never been a family beach cabana available when our booking window opens. All taken by concierge.

OP, not trying to be discouraging, just want you to have really realistic expectations. I think the cabanas are more popular now than they were when they first opened, there are also more concierge rooms than there used to be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter