Cabanas and Verandas

IceSkatingPrincess

Forever mourning the loss of SpectroMagic
We are taking our first trip to Aulani this October for our 10th anniversary (8 nights over Columbus Day week).

I've been doing research lately and it seems like unless you get to the pools very early, it is difficult to obtain loungers. We aren't typically early people (with the time change it may be better) but even then, dashing down to reserve chairs sounds like a pain.

With that, I think we will reserve cabanas/the 'Ama 'Ama veranda for our full pool/resort days. (Provided any are still available!)

Questions:
- For 2 people, where would you recommend we request a cabana? I know the adult pool isn't adults only right now, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it might be by October. I'm also thinking the grotto area may be nice.
- Do you pay when you call to reserve or when you arrive to check in?
- Has anyone utilized the upper 'Ama 'Ama veranda recently? Is it completely shaded or do you still get enough sun to lay out?

Any thoughts are appreciated :) We are thrilled for our first Aulani trip!

Update: I called and everything is booked for our entire trip. I'll keep checking in the event that someone cancels. Bummer!

Update a few days later: I was able to score the 'Ama 'Ama lower verandah and a cabana! Keep calling and checking guys, it works!

Last edited:
We are taking our first trip to Aulani this October for our 10th anniversary (8 nights over Columbus Day week).

I've been doing research lately and it seems like unless you get to the pools very early, it is difficult to obtain loungers. We aren't typically early people (with the time change it may be better) but even then, dashing down to reserve chairs sounds like a pain.

With that, I think we will reserve cabanas/the 'Ama 'Ama veranda for our full pool/resort days. (Provided any are still available!)

Questions:
- For 2 people, where would you recommend we request a cabana? I know the adult pool isn't adults only right now, but I am keeping my fingers crossed that it might be by October. I'm also thinking the grotto area may be nice.
- Has anyone utilized the upper 'Ama 'Ama veranda recently? Is it completely shaded or do you still get enough sun to lay out?

Update: I called and everything is booked for our entire trip. I'll keep checking in the event that someone cancels. Bummer!
Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that everything is booked--they do book early! Keep checking, though, b/c people do cancel; however, I think most people tend to cancel the day before, so you may get lucky once you're there (not optimal, but better than nothing). Also, I'll put my plug in for the Executive Lanai--very sunny and beach view. We always reserve it for our trips if at all possible! Here's a pic of the view :)567539

Unfortunately, I'm not surprised that everything is booked--they do book early! Keep checking, though, b/c people do cancel; however, I think most people tend to cancel the day before, so you may get lucky once you're there (not optimal, but better than nothing). Also, I'll put my plug in for the Executive Lanai--very sunny and beach view. We always reserve it for our trips if at all possible! Here's a pic of the view :)View attachment 567539

We booked this as well when we were there 5 years ago. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, it didn't look like it was able to be reserved, as in it wasn't blocked off and people were grabbing the chairs on the verandas in the morning to use for seating during the day.

We booked this as well when we were there 5 years ago. When we were there a couple of weeks ago, it didn't look like it was able to be reserved, as in it wasn't blocked off and people were grabbing the chairs on the verandas in the morning to use for seating during the day.
We've got it reserved for two days for our June trip

For two people you can also get the Casabellas on the beach (those covered loungers in the picture above). When we were there they were fairly easy to rent in the morning and there was drink/food service. Not quite the same as a cabana but we found them perfectly isolating and relaxing.

Seriously, I think those Casabellas are my happy place, I've been wanting to get one for my yard.

Questions:

Wow...I can’t believe they are sold out for all 8 days. We are going for our 25 th anniversary in September. We just booked it because our 12 night Greek cruise got canceled. We are DVC members so we figured it was a good time to try Aulani. We went to Hawaii on our honeymoon and we said we would be back for our 5 year anniversary...haven’t been back until now.

We heard how it can be difficult to get a chair and didn’t want to do worry about it so we were going to rent something at least for two days..one being Labor Day and on our anniversary.

What number do you call to ask? Hopefully something is still available..even those chairs on the beach..do you have to pay now or when you get there?

(808) 674-6200 for recreation reservations, including cabana rentals. You do not pay until day of, and they don't require a credit card to reserve--just your name and reservation number.

We are there also that week for our 10th, and I was wondering the same thing... you've saved me a call (and some other people have saved us a few hundred). Thank you! :)

We're two adults and booked the upper veranda at Ama Ama and did not care for it. We checked in and sat there for about 30 minutes before we packed up and requested a refund. It was fully shaded the whole day, and it was on the very edge of the property line. It was a good walk from restrooms and the pool. It had beautiful ocean views and was very quiet and secluded, which is a benefit for many, but it was too secluded for us - almost as if we'd be forgotten in that area. We left before our "neighbors" in the lower veranda showed up, but the verandas are right next door to each other so privacy would be more limited assuming both are booked.

We had the upper veranda booked two other times that week, which we cancelled. We were there in September which is a slower time of year, so we took our chances and were able to get chairs in front of Ama Ama each day, but closer to the pool. Beach chairs were also readily available, though that may not be the case with the current limitations. If we visit again in the future, I would bite the bullet for a cabana with a good location or just get up early and play the chair game.

even those chairs on the beach..do you have to pay now or when you get there?
If you're referring to the beach casabellas, they only take day-of reservations and are first come first served. We got one around 10am and had our choice of any one we wanted. I'm not sure if things have changed or if it varies by time of year, but there was never a day when all of them were booked up.

Great news, I was already able to get a cabana for our last day (scored that when calling yesterday) and the 'Ama 'Ama lower verandah for Columbus day (booked it today)!
There were a bunch of options for the week when I called just now. Someone must have let go of a lot of things.

We are there also that week for our 10th, and I was wondering the same thing... you've saved me a call (and some other people have saved us a few hundred). Thank you! :)
If you still want something that week, give them a call ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter