Cabin Questions

Tatsoi

Earning My Ears
Greetings!

This is my first posting and I am very happy to have the opportunity to use this tremendous resource.

So, I begin:

My boyfriend and I are hoping to stay in a Fort Wilderness cabin. We are aiming for staying there Sept 27th through Oct 4th. We would prefer a cabin which is away from the general hub-bub. Being young and active, I am not concerned about being far away from amenities (aka bus station, food stores, pools). Are there any particular loops and/or cabins which are relatively quiet, secluded, sparsely populated?

Secondly, if, alas, we are not able to afford a FW cabin, are there any non-WDW cabins equipped with kitchens nearby?

Lastly, I am a little unclear about the driving access within FW. Can we drive our car back and forth from the cabin out to the various parks, or do we have to park it in a seperate lot and take the internal bus system, walk, etc? I understand that one cannot drive around within FW to get from one point to another.

Thank you very much for taking the time to read this.

Take care,

Tatsoi

hello.gif
I'll try to answer come of your questions:

1. Are there any particular loops and/or cabins which are relatively quiet, secluded, sparsely populated? We stayed in the 2100 loop, which is one of the smallest loops they have (I think 33 total cabins in the loop). Don't worry about any noise; it's very quiet in the cabin areas.

2. Secondly, if, alas, we are not able to afford a FW cabin, are there any non-WDW cabins equipped with kitchens nearby? I'm not sure I understand this question...are you talking about hotels/condos nearby WDW? The only other WDW resorts that have kitchens are the Home-Away-From-Home Resorts (Old Key West, Beach Club Villas, Wilderness Lodge Villas and Boardwalk Villas).

3. Can we drive our car back and forth from the cabin out to the various parks, or do we have to park it in a seperate lot and take the internal bus system, walk, etc? I understand that one cannot drive around within FW to get from one point to another. No, you can't drive you car within FW to get from one point to another, but yes, you can drive your car back and forth to the parks...there's parking for two vehicles in front of your cabin.
flowerface.gif

If you can afford it I would definitely suggest staying in a FW cabin. They are great. All the loops we have stayed in have been quiet & peaceful. The closest ones to the pool are 2500 & 2600, if that would make any difference to you.

The only place you can drive your car to internally in FW is the Meadows Trading Post for a short time - I think 15 minute parking is allowed.

Honestly, we "hoof" it alot through FW instead of waiting for the bus because we love the scenery & the relaxing atmostphere that FW has.

We also love renting the bikes & boats at FW. The pools are very quiet because they are not themed. The pool near the cabins seems quieter than the pool near the camping loops. I think because it is smaller & there is no game room or snack bar near this pool.

I hope you can stay there - you will love it. :bounce:

I have heard good things about Tropical Palms resort. It's near Disney and MUCH less expensive! For your dates, they have cabins for either 60 or 80 per night plus tax. I know there have been reviews on some of the non-Disney camping boards, but I don't have any links, sorry! :(

http://www.tropicalpalms.com/index.asp

Gillian,

Thank you very much for telling me about Tropical Palms Resort and giving their web address. They look like a very nice alternative. I read several positive reviews through Trip Advisor.

Hopefully Fort Wilderness will work out, but we'll keep Tropical Palms in the back pocket.

Happy Spring!:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter