California Grill - Brunch at the Top

luvdisney73

Mouseketeer
We just returned from a 5 day trip to the World and I have to say that the Sunday Brunch at the Top far exceeding any dining we have had on WDW property. Our waiter, Simo, was very attentive and personable. The steak and eggs.........divine. My daughter and I both got two entrees a piece and all were outstanding. She loved the blueberry pancakes and my chicken and waffles was on point! We received a fireworks return voucher to return that night to watch from the observation deck. I will be going back in May!

Simo was our waiter at dinner last July. He really is a class act. Hopefully when we go for brunch in July, he will be there.

Glad you had a good time! I love the brunch there, it's hands down the best brunch I've ever had and hold all other standards to.

We have reservations on June 9th. It will be our 2nd time. Terrific experience the first time! Looking forward to trying it again.

Yes it is only available on Sundays! I am going on 2/3 as a solo diner. I really want to try the shrimp and grits and the lobster benedict. Oh and a side of bacon and............. Yes I am really looking forward to the ADR too! What were you able to get for a drink. I was wondering if you were able to order a specialty drink in addition to the mimosa or not. I have heard mixed things on this. I am doing the dlxdp if that makes a difference in what is allowed.

Yes it is only available on Sundays! I am going on 2/3 as a solo diner. I really want to try the shrimp and grits and the lobster benedict. Oh and a side of bacon and............. Yes I am really looking forward to the ADR too! What were you able to get for a drink. I was wondering if you were able to order a specialty drink in addition to the mimosa or not. I have heard mixed things on this. I am doing the dlxdp if that makes a difference in what is allowed.
I saw the servers with various mixed drinks, but I don't know about how it works with dining plans.
You may already know this, but jik...the mimosa isn't the usual half juice half sparkling wine drink. It's all sparkling wine with some slightly flavored "pearls" in it. It's very nice. They refill with sparkling wine as you like.

I think Cali Brunch is a great idea for a special meal out solo. Have a wonderful time! :flower:

In May, we were there on the dxdp and were allowed to order a mix drink. We still received the complimentary mimosa with the balls in it too. I am going this Sunday and am curious if the Bloody Mary bar is now included like I read on the boards.

In May, we were there on the dxdp and were allowed to order a mix drink. We still received the complimentary mimosa with the balls in it too. I am going this Sunday and am curious if the Bloody Mary bar is now included like I read on the boards.

When we went in June 2018 on DxDP, we were not allowed an extra drink, only the included bottomless mimosas. In October 2018 on DxDP, we were allowed an extra drink - I got a vodka mixed something and my husband got the Bloody Mary from the make your own bar. This was in addition to the bottomless mimomas. It seems hit or miss. Hopefully we'll get the extra drink included when we're back in April!

We have done the brunch twice. The first time, it was the best meal of the trip. Second time, sadly, was not due to poor service and the late seating (we were shortchanged on dessert because they were running low, the items given to us were literally cut in half so we only received one half of each cookie, for example, and no chocolate). We were, however, offered a second drink on dxddp.

Trying to decide whether we should go next trip with our family of five Disney adults for the tiebreaker. Ouch, the price hurts without a dining plan!

We went yesterday. The price increased to $90. The bloody Mary bar was included with ddp, but I had to ask. Our waiter encouraged us to order extra dishes, even a side of lobster!

It’s ok to order more than one main course? I was thinking I had to choose. This is the ADR I’m most looking forward to on our May trip!
And they will let you split them - hubby and I did three shares entrees last March- the carrot cake pancakes - oh my! And the hanger steak and the lobster Benedict. All excellent

Sunday Brunch and Palo Brunch on the DCL are my two favorite dining experiences. It’s amazing. Of course I am a sucker for strong cheeses so the selections are outstanding. Roll me and bury me in aged parm.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!