California Grill Question and Credits

Antonia

DIS Veteran
On the DDp, I really hate to use two TS credits for California Grill. Not sure if we will really eat two app, 2 desserts, etc. Can one of use the 2 TS credits and get one app, one entree and 1 dessert and the other just order an entree and pay for it? That way we will use only two TS credits, but still have 2 entrees.:confused3 And of course we would tip in this instance.

I too hate to use 2 credits for any restaurant, but of all of them, I feel California Grill is worth it :thumbsup2

Especially is you plan it right and watch the Fireworks or just watch as the sun sets behind the Castle. :wizard:

Antonia said:
On the DDp, I really hate to use two TS credits for California Grill. Not sure if we will really eat two app, 2 desserts, etc. Can one of use the 2 TS credits and get one app, one entree and 1 dessert and the other just order an entree and pay for it? That way we will use only two TS credits, but still have 2 entrees.:confused3 And of course we would tip in this instance.
Actually this souns like a good idea to me. :thumbsup2 My DH wants to eat at CG and I hate using 2 TS, but if were going then I want and Entree at least. I wonder if you can share the appetizers and dessert? I don't know if they will let you do this but it sure sound like a good idea instead of wasting a bunch of food. ;)

I thought it sounded like a good idea, too. Just hope this is allowed.We have absolutely no experience with the DDP.

i think this sounds like a great idea...I've been wanting to go to CG, but just wasn't sure about the number of credits...I can't imagine why they WOULDN'T allow this...what does everybody else think?

I can't see why you wouldn't be able to do that. All you have to do is tell your server that one of you will be using the ddp and you would like to pay oop for the other entree. We did this several times with counter service. Just be up front at the beginning, explaining what you would like to do. We found the dpp to be very easy to use.
HTH Deb

Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

I have not even considered eating here, but we watched that special last night on the food at the WDW resort and they showed the view from C Grill and DH said "where's that????" "I want to eat there!!!!!!" He NEVER says anything like that. It is usually just I plan it and he goes along. So now I feel really excited to make an ADR for Cali Grill just so he can dine there. Plus he has never seen Wishes. I think he will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What we did after the appetizers and entre's and a couple cocktails :rolleyes1 is we had one dessert there and shared it and had the other to go. We took it back to our resort, put it in the fridge and enjoyed later :thumbsup2

Antonia said:
Thanks everyone! :thumbsup2

I have not even considered eating here, but we watched that special last night on the food at the WDW resort and they showed the view from C Grill and DH said "where's that????" "I want to eat there!!!!!!" He NEVER says anything like that. It is usually just I plan it and he goes along. So now I feel really excited to make an ADR for Cali Grill just so he can dine there. Plus he has never seen Wishes. I think he will love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The food here is really awesome! Even so I can't eat and Appetizer, Entree & dessert either. I was going to say if they let you do this and it works let me know but we are going in September also. When are you going? We are going September 2-10 and staying at poly :banana: My DH loves Cali Grill too. It really is beautiful at fireworks time.

We went Sept last year for my mom's birthday. :bday: Even though we had shared several meals (TS) during our trip we didn't on this one. I think we should have! I was full after eating my appetizer ("Snake in the Grass" - Shrimp tempura with avocado, eel and cucumber $22) It was so big and soooo good! :goodvibes I could have mead a meal on that alone!

We did however, pay for my DD6 meal OOP since I didn't want to use 2 TS on her meal. She had the Homemade Pizza with Provolone Cheese $8 and the Rice Krispy Sushi Plate $3 plus beverage $2. I didn't think her meal at about $13 was worth using 2 TS credits. I regret letting the server talk us into the Sushi Dessert :sad2: -she didn't like it. I thought it was very cute but the combination of rice krispies with the fruit rollups didn't taste good (to us).

The view for Wishes was awesome. :goodvibes We had a window table but had to go outside due to the amount of condensation on the glass-couldn't see a thing. View from the deck was great though!

Hummm, I was just thinking, maybe I should book a light meal (appetizer and share a dessert since that Snake was sooooo goooooooooood!) The view is so good too!

We were there 2 weeks ago and went to the CG. Our ressies were for 7:30 and our waiter said he would drag it out so we could be there to see the fireworks at 10:00. It was nice because we weren't bombarded with our food all at once and it made it easier to eat all of the courses with time to digest inbetween. We had our dessert after the fireworks and everything we had was absolutely delicious. The view is absolutely incredible. I will definitely go back (after I try places I haven't been to first). I think it is definitely worth the 2 TS meals any way you decide to do it.

Let me make sure I understand...For a family of 4(a adults, 2 kids) You can use the DDP 2 credits for 1 adult and pay the other OOP? Also you can pay the kids OOP? That way you use 2 credits for 4 people instead of 8?

IandGsmom said:
Let me make sure I understand...For a family of 4(a adults, 2 kids) You can use the DDP 2 credits for 1 adult and pay the other OOP? Also you can pay the kids OOP? That way you use 2 credits for 4 people instead of 8?

You Got It!! Stretches those credits out a little further! The DDP is designed for flexibility! Use it as you wish!

When we were there last September, we shared 1 meal (2 TS credits) between DM and myself. I asked the server if it was ok, and she initially said she didn't think it was allowed, but then went and asked...someone...who said it was ok.

We had:
0af61339.jpg

ca51a3da.jpg

a98e66f0.jpg

I think we found it sufficient food to share. Bon appetit!

lonegungirl said:
We had:
0af61339.jpg

ca51a3da.jpg

a98e66f0.jpg

OHHH...you just showed my FAVORITE CA Grill meal! I wait all year for that tamarin filet. In our opinion this is the best place to use 2 credits for a meal. However, the CA Grill staff is very accomodating about "adjusting your credit use". We were encouraged to pay oop for DS last year. He had the kid's filet and the sushi dessert and LOVES both. This year he is an "adult" so I am not sure what we will do. :confused3

lonegungirl said:
When we were there last September, we shared 1 meal (2 TS credits) between DM and myself. I asked the server if it was ok, and she initially said she didn't think it was allowed, but then went and asked...someone...who said it was ok.

We had:
0af61339.jpg

ca51a3da.jpg

a98e66f0.jpg

Lonegungirl: What are those pictures of? I especially like the look of the first one!!

OK, wait a minute here. I am going with my DD age 13 in Sept. and we plan to eat at the California Grill. If I use my 2 TS credits, order her an app or entree only to eat (she eats like a bird and she could have my dessert) and pay OOP, we could use her 2 TS credits for a character breakfast the next day, one for me and one for her? If this is true I am PSYCHED! I never even thought of that. :thumbsup2

We are planning to pay out of pocket for a kids' meal for my 11yo ds (he's always been allowed to order a kids meal when he wants one, though if they refused I'd order the kids' meal for my 2yo and let him eat it...) since he's not likely to want what's on the adult menu. But I hadn't thought to pay oop for my 6yo as well....we might do that. Then we'll have plenty of credits to cover a visit to Beaches and Cream that we were planning to pay for oop...or maybe for a character breakfast....

I'll likely save our dining credits anywhere my 11yo ds wants a kids' meal. I don't count on him wanting a kids' meal anywhere but Cali Grill though....generally he's happy to eat a steak..LOL. But the food is a little "fussy" for his tastes there.

Booknut said:
Lonegungirl: What are those pictures of? I especially like the look of the first one!!

The first was the sushi appetizer "snake in the grass" roll, which I believe had avocado and eel wrapped around the outside, and shrimp tempura inside. The second was the (split portion) filet of beef, and the third was the chocolate cake with molten center. They were great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter