California Grill

Wazzo

DIS Veteran
California Grill - Thursday, September 7th

We ate here last February and loved the atmosphere. I think the open concept kitchen is a lot of fun to watch! We were too early for the fireworks this year, but we got to see Illuminations from our table by the far window.

I started with the Triple Cheese with Caramelized Onions, sun-dried tomatoes and basil pesto (note - this was a full plate, but I forgot to take the picture right away!):

DSC00948.jpg

It tasted like a very yummy pizza. I especially enjoyed the basil flavour.

My Mom started with the Dungeness Crab California Roll with avocado and cucumber:

DSC00949.jpg

I don't like sushi, and I even thought this was good! Our waiter recommended it since it uses REAL crab... not imitation. It was great!

My main course was the Oak-fired Beef Filet with Potato and Gorgonzola Pave, Blue Lake beans, and Teriyaki Sauce:

DSC00951.jpg

I had a filet the night before, but I really wanted those mashed potatoes! :blush: I LOVE mashed potatoes! The meat was excellent again, and yes, the potatoes were great!

My Mom had the Sonoma Goat Cheese Ravioli with Sun-dried Tomatoes, Pesto, Shiitake Mushrooms and Basil:

DSC00950.jpg

This is was a repeat for us from February, and it was very good again!

Our dessert choice was the Bananas and Butterscotch Buzz, or a caramelized bananas and butterscotch custard stack with coffee caramel, cocoa nib, and crunchy plantain:

DSC00952.jpg

It was okay. Our waiter said it wouldn't be too "coffee-ey", but it was for us. The bananas were good though!

Overall, it was a great night. The service and atmosphere were great, and everything but the dessert was delicious!

Rating: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: :sunny: (Four out of five California suns)

Thank you so so much forthe wonderful pics! I think my meal is going to look exactly like this one! hehe

Yumm! Don't apologize for having filet twice. I had it three times in five nights on our Disney trip in January.

It is now a joke in our house to say "I have to have fillet again?" Be sure to speak with that put upon whiney tone to your voice and end with a big sigh.

Thanks for the reviews and pictures!

Enjoyed reading your review ~ Thanx for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed Cali Grill. We were there Wednesday night the 6th too around 7 and stayed until after wishes. It was our only night without the kids. The food was excellent.

Great review! You had a meal similar to my recent meal there...only your pictures came out better. ;) I was very happy with it too! :thumbsup2

Did your filet have the Tamarind BBQ sauce on it or was it Terryaki? I know the on line menus say Tamarind BBQ, but when we arrived the menu said Terryaki and I was thrilled. I'm wondering if this is a permenant change or it I just got lucky.

It was definitely teriyaki! Very yummy! :thumbsup2

(I edited above too... I just cut and pasted from an online menu without checking the difference. I'm glad it was teriyaki rather than BBQ too!)

Glad to hear it! ;)

And ummm....everytime I see that picture of the flatbread, my mouth starts watering! That is way too good of a picture. ;) That would make a great dinner tonight. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter