California Resident for AP Monthly Payments

ixDreamxofxDisney

Mouseketeer
Hi all! I have some questions about the proof of residency needed to enroll in the monthly payment plan for an AP.

A little background: I am a grad student living in southern California. However, I still have my Arizona driver's license. I think I've ruled out getting the SoCal pass - the blackout dates are too inconvenient. But I still want to do the monthly payments rather than pay in full up front.

The payment method I'd use has my CA address as the billing address. I've heard this is enough of a proof of residency for enrolling in monthly payments, but I'm worried that Disney would ask for a CA ID when I'm picking up the passes in person. Would bringing a utility bill or my lease as well as my student ID be enough if they ask for proof of residency?

Thanks!

A utility bill should work. I've seen it work for SoCal passes so no reason it wouldn't work for payments.

If you are purchasing the AP online then simply enter in your CA address when setting up your Disney account (if you haven't done so already). If you are paying with a credit card then I would also change your mailing address beforehand to your CA address so that everything matches when you set up the payment plan. I've done this a few times now and they have never asked for my CA ID when activating the AP at the ticket booths, but it doesn't hurt to be prepared with a utility bill, bank statement, copy of your lease, whatever you have to prove it just in case.

Thank you for the insight! I'm guessing they ask for some sort of ID when picking up the tickets? Or do you just bring a confirmation slip and the CC used to purchase them? I don't want to whip out my AZ ID and make them think to ask for a CA ID instead.

Thank you for the insight! I'm guessing they ask for some sort of ID when picking up the tickets? Or do you just bring a confirmation slip and the CC used to purchase them? I don't want to whip out my AZ ID and make them think to ask for a CA ID instead.
They do ask for ID to pickup the tickets, but I believe the contract for payment is never reviewed at the ticket booth. Once you complete it online, that portion is done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter