Call RE: RCI & Disney Vacaction time

is_this_ya_boy

Earning My Ears
While I was at work I received a missed call from 813-575-7646, which my iPhone identified as Land O’ Lakes, Florida. A woman left a message saying the call was regarding my Disney Vacation time and RCI. I did not call back because I’m suspicious of everything. Does this seem familiar to anyone? It just seemed odd that she didn’t say she was specifically from DVC. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you have any requests in for RCI trades into or out of DVC? If so, it would probably be that, but even if you don't, it would probably not be any problem to give them a call back. Just make sure that you don't give THEM any information. I know that, if you don't have any waitlist requests, then they most likely will be trying to sell you something, but apparently, somehow, they already know that you are DVC

Do you have any requests in for RCI trades into or out of DVC? If so, it would probably be that, but even if you don't, it would probably not be any problem to give them a call back. Just make sure that you don't give THEM any information. I know that, if you don't have any waitlist requests, then they most likely will be trying to sell you something, but apparently, somehow, they already know that you are DVC

I thought that's publicly available information. Personally, if I hadn't initiated anything with RCI (or anyone for that matter), I won't even bother calling back.

LAX

While I was at work I received a missed call from 813-575-7646, which my iPhone identified as Land O’ Lakes, Florida. A woman left a message saying the call was regarding my Disney Vacation time and RCI. I did not call back because I’m suspicious of everything. Does this seem familiar to anyone? It just seemed odd that she didn’t say she was specifically from DVC. Any help would be appreciated.
I read on FB it’s a scam. They spin a story about having points deposited in RCI and they can rent them out for you, but first you have to pay a fee...

It's about a meeting they offer to sell your points and scam you big time. Ignore it.

They would always tell me they were calling about my timeshare. I'd ask them which one and they couldn't answer. So I'd hang up.

I read on FB it’s a scam. They spin a story about having points deposited in RCI and they can rent them out for you, but first you have to pay a fee...

It's about a meeting they offer to sell your points and scam you big time. Ignore it.

They would always tell me they were calling about my timeshare. I'd ask them which one and they couldn't answer. So I'd hang up.

Thank you. That is good information. I get scam calls up to 6 times a day, literally. Mostly they are from people trying to sell me worthless things. Or they are contacting me about my 'credit card account' which may have been hacked, and I need to have them help me set it up again, or they are calling me about the 'Back Brace' that I requested (No. I don't have back pain. Knock on wood. Of course, I do have enough OTHER aches and pains.) Anyway, I consider myself to be relatively sophisticated when it comes to scams, but it never even occurred to me that people would be trying this crap. I have had people call me up to offer free Cruises, free one week trips to Las Vegas, free plane tickets, etc. I never fall for those but I guess I'm just not naturally suspicious enough.

I thought that's publicly available information. Personally, if I hadn't initiated anything with RCI (or anyone for that matter), I won't even bother calling back.

LAX
Same here. I won't call them back. The calls seem suspicious. I think I have read similar story few days ago. I forgot where, but the calls were coming from scammers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!