Calling all DIS Friends of Disney-ite, Smackeralchick, Dlandchick and Peanutpoohbear

Happy Friday Land and Family!

Sending big hugs and pixie dust your way. Have a great 3 day weekend :p

Happy Valentines Day Hugs!

I think of you often and hope you are doing well. :hug:

Happy

Hi everyone! So sorry I haven't updated for so long. I hope everyone is well, and I think of you often. If I ever feel down, I just come and read over some of the posts and I get cheered up instantly! :cloud9:

Well, here we are. 2009 already! When I was first diagnosed it seemed like such a long time until then, but now look! Treatment is almost finished!!! :banana: :banana:

School is going okay. I am kind of burned out with all the work, and am anxiously waiting for spring break. However, in school right now we are doing a HUGE multimedia project called "Democracy In Action". It is a mandatory project for all eighth graders where they choose a topic they are passionate about, and research and advocate for it. I chose childhood cancer awareness and funding. I have learned a lot more about childhood cancer and how little funding and awareness there is dedicated to it. :headache: I think I will like the project more once it's done, LOL. I am excited about the end of the year though, because the eighth grade goes on a graduation trip to Disneyland! Next year is high school, which makes me nervous! :eek:

I miss seeing you all on VMK very much. It's hard to believe it hasn't even been a year since it closed. Thank you for all sticking with us through this tough journey. You have no idea how much your kindness has meant to us. I am not the most huggy person, but I would give everyone of you a hug if I could. :hug: :grouphug:

Well, I guess I should wrap up my rambles. I think Mom thinks I am working on my DIA project... :rolleyes1 Hehehe... Have a nice rest of the weekend!

Hugs and pixie dust,

Land princess:

Hi Land!!
big hugs to you and your family! We miss you guys too :)
I'm glad things are going well and soooo happy to hear your treatment end is near! How great is that??
Good for you finding a topic so close to you, to work on for school! You have more knowledge then any of us, first hand, in living with and winning against childhood cancer. Your passion and knowledge will no doubt help others through out your life :)
Say hi to your family and have a wonderful spring break!!
Hugs
Jill & family

Hi land.

Hey isn't there a more important date coming up????? So looking forward to the day you are done treatments.

I miss you too. What games are you on line playing now? We should plan a big celebration party on one of them.

With all your homework I am sure it is not many.

Here is to a great graduation. Don't worry about high school. I too was scared when I first went. But Grade 9 was so much better than grade 8 :)

Hugs

Ruth

Haven't posted here in ages!!! lol But been lurking at the the other forums in anticipation for July :goodvibes ---> look at ticker :laughing:

I know today's a big day and just wanted to send you lots of looooooooooove :hug::hug::hug::hug: :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Can't wait to see you again! princess::flower3:

Hi everyone,

Our oncologist says the bone marrow biopsy was negative, and no cells found in the spinal fluid, either. Woot!:cool1:

Now it's monthly blood tests to make sure the marrow hasn't started making more leukemia cells, because apparently it only takes one rogue cell to ruin perfectly good blood.:eek:

Thank you all for helping us along this sucky journey
:lovestruc:goodvibes:dance3::cheer2::yay:

Hugs and pixie dust!!!:jumping1:
Smackeralchick popcorn::

Ahhhh I'm late! I'm late!!! :eek::rolleyes: :scared:

Happy Belated Birthdays to my dear Land and Peanut :hug::hug::hug: Lots of love to you!!! And I can't wait to celebrate with you girls soon!!! :banana::flower3:princess:

HI there,

Got home today to find a great post card from Land and Peanut. So happy you got to go on the Disney Cruise for an end of treatment celebration :banana::banana:

Hope you had a great time. Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Big hugs

Hi everyone! I hope you all have had a great spring and summer! Sorry for not updating for so long, but life has been hectic.

My Democracy In Action project went fine, and I ended up raising awareness and money for Childhood Cancer.

In early May I finally finished my two and a half years of treatment! WOOT! :banana: My health has been pretty good, but they say it takes about a year to get all the chemo and stuff out of your system.

In June I had my promotion from middle school to high school, and I'll be starting high school this Wednesday.. :scared1: :eek: Peanut, meanwhile, will be starting her eighth grade year, and is excited.

And in July my family went on a Disney Cruise and visited Walt Disney World as an end of treatment celebration/reward! It was very hot, but so much fun, and everything I hoped it would be.

Thanks for sticking with us so long. You have no idea what your friendship and well wishes have meant to us. You stuck by my family and me through some of the darkest days, and managed to cheer us up. While I haven't even met some of you guys I feel as if I know you, and it's hard to believe it was an online game that brought us together. I know I will always remember your kindness, and I hope we keep in touch. :hug: :grouphug:

Hugs and pixie dust,
Land princess:

Hi Everyone!!!

This is dlandchick's sister posting. May 5th marked three years since she went off treatment. Thanks for supporting my family and I during this tough time. We really appreciated it. In October 2010, my whole family went on Chelsea's Make a Wish trip. It was to meet President Obama.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts