Calling All Knitters and Crocheters!!!

Crocheter here, but i've yet to make any disney inspired items. that may have to change with our upcoming trip!

I knit and crochet and love both!! I just found this forum and thread. Great idea! Question, though: is it limited to Disney items? I don't knit/crochet many of those but am certainly open to it if I see cute patterns :)

No, it's just a general knitting and crochet thread. I haven't found anyone yet who does Disney knitting or crochet? It's just fun to hear from others who love to do this too:)

I knit and crochet and love both!! I just found this forum and thread. Great idea! Question, though: is it limited to Disney items? I don't knit/crochet many of those but am certainly open to it if I see cute patterns :)

Glad to see continued activity on this thread... there can never be too much yarny-goodness in the world! :goodvibes

My favorite thing to knit is neckwarmers/cowls/infinity scarves, but I've knitted a few (personal) Disney items over the years. Nothing too big though. Photos to projects in the link: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/filypretzel/

What's everyone's favorite thing to crochet/knit?

Glad to see continued activity on this thread... there can never be too much yarny-goodness in the world! :goodvibes

My favorite thing to knit is neckwarmers/cowls/infinity scarves, but I've knitted a few (personal) Disney items over the years. Nothing too big though. Photos to projects in the link: https://www.ravelry.com/projects/filypretzel/

What's everyone's favorite thing to crochet/knit?

I'm with you on the cold weather projects! I live in a very cold climate and I do a lot of hats, scarves, cardigans, cowls, and blankets in crochet. I like trying new things and am just finishing up my first ever cardigan. It looks pretty good :) but was a lot of work. I learned a lot of new techniques though, and it was fun to do. I crochet shawls for the local nursing home residents too. There is always something to do crocheting. I also am learning Tunisian crochet, which is really a challenge!

I recently finished a blanket called Meandering Paws Over the Rainbow Bridge. While I was working on the border, we took one of our cats to the vet. I took it with me to work on. I showed one of the techs and she called the vet and others to see it. Now the vet wants one and the office manager wants one.

The office manager said, “I don’t care what it costs, I want one.” She wants hers in just red & yellow, so I am going to take different colors of reds & yellows to see what she likes best. I have a couple gifts to make first, but will be making these two blankets and will have to figure out a cost for them. It caught me off guard when they said that they would like me to make one for them.

I recently finished a blanket called Meandering Paws Over the Rainbow Bridge. While I was working on the border, we took one of our cats to the vet. I took it with me to work on. I showed one of the techs and she called the vet and others to see it. Now the vet wants one and the office manager wants one.

The office manager said, “I don’t care what it costs, I want one.” She wants hers in just red & yellow, so I am going to take different colors of reds & yellows to see what she likes best. I have a couple gifts to make first, but will be making these two blankets and will have to figure out a cost for them. It caught me off guard when they said that they would like me to make one for them.

That's great! Do you know where you got the pattern? It sounds like one I would like to do.
Thank you, ruth

That is just beautiful! It looks complicated, but adorable.
This was a pain in the butt to do. The first time I tried to connect the sections the way the directions said, I couldn't get it right. I made all the sections and was going to see it together. So back to the original way. Was able to finally get the directions right. I will NEVER do this again!

This was a pain in the butt to do. The first time I tried to connect the sections the way the directions said, I couldn't get it right. I made all the sections and was going to see it together. So back to the original way. Was able to finally get the directions right. I will NEVER do this again!

LOL, I have a couple of patterns like that, too! Never again:)

I'm a knitter! You can find me on Ravelry here https://www.ravelry.com/projects/HardHeartedHanna. My husband even picked me up the Disney Book of Knitting https://www.amazon.com/Disney-Book-Knitting-Melinda-Coss/dp/0312029047 , which I have yet to make something from... but I will! The patterns in it are awesome and I think can easily be adapted to modern silhouettes.

I'm curious about that Disney book. Do they have one for crocheters? I would love to get one. thanks:)

Since the first of the year, I have made 5 Reader's Shawls. Two for bowling teammates, one for my mum, one for her friend who helps take care of her and one for my daughter. All different colors. I am just finishing up a Baby Sea Turtle Blanket for a friend. I am working on a portrait graphghan of my mum and dad. I know this will take some time.
IMG_1377_zpssohsrqbx.jpeg

Last edited:
That's really impressive! Be sure to show the blanket when you are done. I can't imagine doing a crochet photo blanket. !!
What are readers shawls? I've never heard that expression before.
I am currently crocheting a baby car seat blanket in shell pattern (my favorite).
Thanks so much.

I hadn’t heard of portrait graphghans before joining a couple Facebook groups and found a person who takes your picture and creates the pattern complete with graph and written instructions.

This is what a Reader’s Shawl looks like:

91be625c-1f0e-498c-82de-8890e3da68c9_zpsaawc4ybi.jpg

This was one of the two color ones I did. The other was black with a gray collar & the pockets were reversed like this one. Basically it is a nice sized shawl with pockets. This one is ivory & turquoise, the others were black & gray, red, ivory and a multicolor blue, turquoise & ivory (Sweet Roll Spearmint). On the multicolor, I had different dye lots, so when I started with the second cake, I showed it to my daughter and she liked it. That’s who I made it for. When I get it uploaded to Photobucket, I will post it. These are what I call “no-brainer” or “no-mind” work. Very simple pattern, BUT very easy to make a mistake. I made the ivory one first and when I went to measure the length, I noticed one edge was indented by one stitch for like 25”! I didn’t do part of the turning stitch and it threw off the one side. Lots of frogging on that one. :crazy2: Made sure I checked every few rows on each one after that.

Last edited:
I hadn’t heard of portrait graphghans before joining a couple Facebook groups and found a person who takes your picture and creates the pattern complete with graph and written instructions.

This is what a Reader’s Shawl looks like:

91be625c-1f0e-498c-82de-8890e3da68c9_zpsaawc4ybi.jpg

This was one of the two color ones I did. The other was black with a gray collar & the pockets were reversed like this one. Basically it is a nice sized shawl with pockets. This one is ivory & turquoise, the others were black & gray, red, ivory and a multicolor blue, turquoise & ivory (Sweet Roll Spearmint). On the multicolor, I had different dye lots, so when I started with the second cake, I showed it to my daughter and she liked it. That’s who I made it for. When I get it uploaded to Photobucket, I will post it. These are what I call “no-brainer” or “no-mind” work. Very simple pattern, BUT very easy to make a mistake. I made the ivory one first and when I went to measure the length, I noticed one edge was indented by one stitch for like 25”! I didn’t do part of the turning stitch and it threw off the one side. Lots of frogging on that one. :crazy2: Made sure I checked every few rows on each one after that.

Thanks, Mimi, for posting the beautiful pictures:) I know what you mean about checking the rows. I was making a flowy (sp?) long vest and spent a fortune on a specific type of yarn. I got to the sleeve part and found I had counted wrong. So, I took it apart and tried again, being careful to count as I went. I STILL messed up somehow. ggggrrrrrrr! I have it sitting in a corner of my sewing room, LOL, and maybe one day I will try again.
I, too, like to do no brainer crocheting while watching TV, etc. It's so nice to just have fun with it
Thanks again:)

Chiming in. I am a crocheter. Lately, I have been focusing on hats for my local Cancer Center. Someone donated a lot of cotton to the Cancer Center, so I am making some wash cloths in holiday colors.
My next big project is going to be a throw/afghan for a co-workers daughter who is graduating high school in May.

i have all sorts of yarn and the best of intentions but i just can't get the hang of it. lol I WILL master crocheting!!! :)
Practice, practice, practice.

I bet it is the same with crocheting, but when I first learned to knit, I made tons of squares. Just for practice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!