Campground Occupancy

5onadime

Mouseketeer
Campground Occupancy-
We are currently staying at the campground. It is our first time bringing our RV. I am surprised at how empty the place is. We are in the 200 loop which is almost completely full but the 300 loop is almost completely empty. As we have been "looping" I have been shocked at how vacant it is. I thought it would pick up a bit for the weekend but it hasn't much.

Is this normal for mid-end May?

Campground Occupancy-
We are currently staying at the campground. It is our first time bringing our RV. I am surprised at how empty the place is. We are in the 200 loop which is almost completely full but the 300 loop is almost completely empty. As we have been "looping" I have been shocked at how vacant it is. I thought it would pick up a bit for the weekend but it hasn't much.

Is this normal for mid-end May?

Well the weekend crowd may not have shown up yet.

As a fan of 100 (Preferred) loop, even when you get to the weekends (when locals have time to come in) I would dump 300 loop also if 200 (or 100) were available. (Don't know if 100 is still closed for the 2 DVC cabin buildout).

You're in-between the general spring break/Easter crowd and early summer crowd. Enjoy the fewer people experience while you can.

Bama Ed

PS - spring weekends (F & Sa nights) are often busier than Su-Thur nights because of the "local effect". Once we get to the (early) start of Memorial Day weekend, it starts to pick up.

If I lived local I would definitely be a weekend warrior 😁

You and me both, @tinkerjo, but as a frequent guest I would have tried to book a Tent site (least expensive since I have a popup) in loops 1500 & 2000 or "splurged" with a Full site in loops 1600-1900 & 2100.

The Preferred sites (next category up from Full in terms of cost) may not get as many weekenders (a few perhaps) until the Fulls near capacity (for folks with trailers and RV's, Full is their first option unless they have a hybrid trailer).

May is not a bad time of year to be at the Fort for sure.

Bama Ed

Thanks for the replies!
It has picked up a bit.... (maybe 40-50%). Probably busier the closer to Memorial Weekend. We are definitely enjoying ourselves....it is beautiful and sooo clean!

FYI: Loop 100 is still under construction.

We went to the HDDR over a Spring Break Weekend and it wasn't full then either. My guess was 80%/85%.

Completely normal. Once school gets out and Memorial Day hits, the crowds will rise. Occupancy levels out until 4th of July where it is PACKED

Completely normal. Once school gets out and Memorial Day hits, the crowds will rise. Occupancy levels out until 4th of July where it is PACKED
It’s crazy packed here now 😳 we’ve had the 1000 loop to ourselves basically since the first. Now since the memorial weekend has started …WOW night and day !!

We don't have a rv anymore. But sure miss Fort Wilderness. :sad:

That time comes for everyone, I think.

We tow our trailer from No Cal to the Fort. This last 6000 mi r/t tow was a rough one, took a lot out of nDH, and he isn't sure whether or not he's going to want to tow X-country again. So we're thinking our next trip may be in our Prius + a Cabin. I priced it out using next year's rates (trip isn't for prob 3 years so that will change) and a comparable trip would be only about 800 more. The relatively 'small' difference is mainly because of the decrease in cost of fuel ($2300 towing vs $350 Prius).

So never say never.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter